Autopsy Round 11, 2024 : Hawks poach the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

D'Ambrosio could well be the best player movement over the off season. All the bemoaning of no big moves and the little one is paying huge dividends.

All our recruits have been great.
Ginni is going to be a great forward for 10 years.
Chol provides a lot of forward pressure and a marking target.
Massimo an absolute steal and locked in our best 22.
Gunston provides on-field leadership and is basically mentoring Dear 24/7.

Can we make the Eight?

lisa simpson smile GIF

Loved how players had moments, were play makers then others took over. Some looked down a bit but then rose up to contribute. They came at us but the horror of last week didn't faze our team, we looked mature for such a young side.
A big scalp albeit in Melb but a finals threat nonetheless.
Very impressive win after last week.
How good does it feel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gunston, Chol and Dear - finally got a full complement of forwards yo kick a score. Breust composure in final term.

Day is our best player.

D'Ambrosio is a gun and along with Amon and Jiath we have an outside game to go with our inside mids.

Sic and Scrimshaw back

We really could be close to the 8 right now. We could still really be close to the 8 come the end of the season.

They must envy us

Nothing's a given in professional sport but felt like a real reward for consistent effort over the last month .
Such a great effort after the last few minutes last week .
So many good efforts and moments from the guys .

A month ago my brother in law ( cats supporter ) said we had gone backwards and I should start watching them to see a good time......a months a long time in footy 😁😁😁😁

Imagine being a teammate of Zorko... imagine choosing him as your captain.

There is a way, Dylan Moore is the example.

Overall, probably a good game for the learning, to know you can do it... Pies will get a lot out of it.

Massive last quarter, get in!!!! 🟤🟡

Almost think the close score at 3 qtr time helped motivate us to get over the line.

We’re looking very promising. One thing I’ve noticed of late is that the boys are far more composed with the ball in hand and more often than not find the right pass instead of doing a hospital handball. Of course the polish is lacking sometimes, but that’ll come with time. Since his return, Day has been a big reason for this with his footy smarts.

It’s also refreshing to be the more accurate of the two sides in front of the big sticks. This was the main culprit for a few of our losses earlier this season.

Only disappointment today is that I didn’t go since I refuse to step inside that concrete hell-hole. Really hope we play more games at the G once Tassie come in, but that’s a topic for another day and thread.

Go Hawks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 11, 2024 : Hawks poach the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back