Review Round 12, 2024 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Being a mongrel bastard means you refuse to be beaten. Michael Wilson was my favourite mongrel bastard in our AFL era. If his opponent beat him on a one on one he had to work his arse off to beat Wilbur.

Look at how many one on one contests we lost in the last quarter. And most of them were easy losses.

Now we arent gonna win every game, but Im sick of seeing us capitulate in so many big expecatation games because we dont go hard enough at winning the ball.
Yep we clearly haven’t recruited enough players with what it takes to be successful, JHF and Butters play with intensity required to be successful apart from them I am struggling.

Yes, yes & YES! I wish I could give this post more than one solitary Like. The team desperately needs more naturally driven competitors in the mould of JHF, Dante, Butters, Lord & Walsh. There’s not a single player in our current defensive half who has strong leadership potential. Bergman was tracking okay at one stage, but even he has fallen away badly.
History shows most successful coaches were mongrel back flanker types or mongrel mids like Matthews and mid/forwards like Clarko.

There isnt much leadership down back for us at the moment.

I dont reckon there is anyone who has played for Port the last 10 years who stands out as being a potential AFL coach. Robbie Gray is smart enough to do it but he doesn't like the bullshit that goes with being a head coach so I never thought of him pursuing that career. Brad Ebert might prove me wrong.

I thought port were probably the best team for 3/4 and jhf was best on ground,Cripps and Walsh lifted in the last.
Did port run out of legs? Thought it was each way going into the 4th and was surprised by the margin at the end.

Good luck for the rest of the season folks.
Nah, you had our measure all night. We battled hard for all our goals then cough up the easy ones down the other end.

We are poorly coached and need an urgent football department revamp. Then we need to rethink our player stocks as there are few out there that don't stand up when it matters most.

Just sh1ts me to tears that a lot our ex-assistant coaches and players have gone on to do bigger and better things and we are stuck with Uncle Fester and his family of balding idiots.

History shows most successful coaches were mongrel back flanker types or mongrel mids like Matthews and mid/forwards like Clarko.

There isnt much leadership down back for us at the moment.

I dont reckon there is anyone who has played for Port the last 10 years who stands out as being a potential AFL coach. Robbie Gray is smart enough to do it but he doesn't like the bullshit that goes with being a head coach so I never thought of him pursuing that career. Brad Ebert might prove me wrong.

The one small hope I hold onto at the moment is JHF. He’s the closet thing we have to a Tom Brady/Michael Jordan like character. You can build a dynasty around him, but he can’t do it all by himself.

I can't be surprised anymore. The bad has been discussed and we've seen it all before.

There is no home ground advantage for this team. Credit to people who can still break this down and write longer posts about it.

Personally I don't want to lose my seat at Adelaide Oval it's a good one to be disappointed in every year. So I get what I deserve I guess.

I think the loss was made a little bit worse by the Carlton fans - they just seem to be an obnoxious bunch.

I can't be surprised anymore. The bad has been discussed and we've seen it all before.

There is no home ground advantage for this team. Credit to people who can still break this down and write longer posts about it.

Personally I don't want to lose my seat at Adelaide Oval it's a good one to be disappointed in every year. So I get what I deserve I guess.

I think the loss was made a little bit worse by the Carlton fans - they just seem to be an obnoxious bunch.
Where have those Carlton fans been in the last 10 years?

8 goals conceded in this last quarter. F**king unacceptable shit, and it happens because we refuse to make certain players accountable when they’re in bad form. They get lazy because they know that there’s no consequences.
Spot on. There never has been any accountability under this clown. That's why we've never been in contention. He's a fraud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is glaringly obvious and is now beyond frustrating to watch us continue to define insanity. How this joke of a coaching panel continues to press on with the strategy that has seen us continue to bomb out of finals is beyond me.

Selecting Dixon when it is clear to see he is completely cooked. Burton and Jones without a defensive bone in their body continually getting selected. Mcentee who is the most un athletic AFL player i have ever seen in my life be given a golden pass.

After the game my mate who barracks for Essendon walked up to me and named all 4 of those players above as massive liabilities. How can a random opposition supporter have more of a clue than our coaching panel.

We are run by an inept coach and have put a bunch of tried rejects around him. How anyone thought this was a method of success.

F*ck this joke of a board, we need a legend of the club like Timmy or Tredders to make a public stand and not give one shit of the consequences.

How have they managed to put everyone in their back pocket? Wheres the scathing criticism that they deep down know is true.

Everyone is upset I called Boak a loser and pathetic😂how sensitive is this fanbase?😂 Or is it Jordan who has 10 different accounts on Bigfooty?😂

I keep saying it, but our list is full of flakey flanker types.

Look good when the going is good, but struggle when the heat is on.

Matt Rendell after our 2021 PF exit did his summary of our list on FootySA and he said we had too many pretty footballers, who look good when the going is easy.

Since the end of 2015 I have said every year we will win at least 10 games and most years I expect in the 12 to 15 games range. Ive never pissed my pants like some on here and said we will be bottom 4.

In fact the only years we won 10 games was 2016 when we were decimated with injuries and basically played our Sanfl defence for most of the season and 2021 after our 0-5 start.

We are going to win 12 to 15 games again this year, but we won't go past the 2nd week of finals. With a bit of luck, we might make it to a PF, but we won't win it.

We have built a list that is able to win enough games, but not the big games when the expectations are big.

We need to recruit a few mongrel bastards who are driven to win, to ever win a flag.

I am an unabashed fan of Brayden Maynard. I'd love to have a couple of players like him in our team.

I read people on here criticise Boak and Wines go on about being a good human first and then they piss their pants whenever they see Maynard do mongrel acts on the field.

We wont win a flag until we get a few mongrel bastards into the side. Just look at how many we needed in 2004 to finally knock off arguably the greatest ever side in the AFL.

And a coach, president and ceo with a bit of mongrel in them would help so that they back up the recruiting of, and the actions of the mongrel bastards.
I fully endorse a mandatory implementation of trickle-down ‘Mongrelnomics’.

Everyone is upset I called Boak a loser and pathetic😂how sensitive is this fanbase?😂 Or is it Jordan who has 10 different accounts on Bigfooty?😂
I think loser was harsh but he does lack finishing ability. Its the key difference between our new midfield and the old (Boak/Wines).

You cant question his effort and endeavour but he is not clutch with those big moments under pressure. I think everyone agrees with that sentiment.

Our defense is so deplorable it’s not funny. Aliir is a star interceptor but his defending is average at best. And he’s the best of the lot! By a fair margin!!!! Just an absolute cluster**** that relies on defenders having an outnumber which continually gets exposed against anything resembling a functioning forward line. We aren’t going to do shit or be anything resembling a great team til we address our need for a star KPD and a quality lockdown defender.

Boak needs to retire. Dixon needs to retire. Burton needs a month or more in the 2s to remember how to be a footballer again. Jones should be delisted if we’re serious. Marshall needs a rocket fired straight up his ass.

Are guys like Farrell, Evans, Burgoyne, Ratugolea, BZT, Soldo…..I could go on…….are they really in our next premiership side? I’d eat my own hat if they were. Our depth is trash. Beyond trash. Just look at our SANFL results.

And the really funny part is none of that even matters cause we’re just treading water til Hinkley croaks it, that’s the only way he leaves right?

Yes we can all go ahead and pick they eyes out of the players. Yes, there were some mega pathetic efforts out there tonight, but, I just refuse to blame the players! Half of Carlton's side are spuds too, but they played an accountable brand of footy that constantly gave our players no room. [Hinkleyball]

This does not go well with Hinkleyball, which is all about quick ball movement, outside run, but zero pressure. There continues to be zero accountability - perennially poor players KNOW that they will get a golden pass. [Hinkleyball]

The first 3 quarters we seemed to get into scoring position time, and time again, but the ease with which they could waltz in and score was sobering. [Hinkleyball]

Then there are the constant poor selections!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 12, 2024 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back