Trades Round 12 Trades...dedicated to Dots

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope Waterman plays. His BE is 6, so with a 50 score he'll rise another $20k and reach $200k, which means he rose about $100k total, which I can live with. A $200k Waterman down to Bianco/Reeves will net you about $75k, which is handy. If he is dropped then ****, not sure I can afford to hold him over the round 13 bye.

If Grundy misses, Flynn to CCJ is a lock to get an extra score this week

Jordon (to avoid any potential price drops) or Waterman (if he's dropped) to Bianco is also on the cards

Reeves and Whitfield in next week, then I should still have a decent chunk of money left in the bank to finish my forward line in round 14 (somebody like Bolton, Hind, Dale, etc)

Really hope Waterman plays. His BE is 6, so with a 50 score he'll rise another $20k and reach $200k, which means he rose about $100k total, which I can live with. A $200k Waterman down to Bianco/Reeves will net you about $75k, which is handy. If he is dropped then fu**, not sure I can afford to hold him over the round 13 bye.

If Grundy misses, Flynn to CCJ is a lock to get an extra score this week

Jordon (to avoid any potential price drops) or Waterman (if he's dropped) to Bianco is also on the cards

Reeves and Whitfield in next week, then I should still have a decent chunk of money left in the bank to finish my forward line in round 14 (somebody like Bolton, Hind, Dale, etc)
Very similar plan to me.

3 upgrades left (2 mids and 1 forward) plus bringing in Whitfield.

For those trading in Reeves this week, interested to know the rationale of bringing in a rookie on their bye? He looks a good prospect, and I understand the desire to build bank, but surely the risk of him being dropped / getting injured at training would mean it would be wise to wait?

My team needs R13 premo help and with 15 trades am seriously considering the below as leaves me with just M8 and F6 to upgrade with the last 12 trades.

Flynn > Reeves, not really fussed if Reeves misses R14 as I should have 15+ premos playing anyway.

Impey > Steele. Should of got Steele last week but ending up doing something else, puts a little pressure on R14 but CCJ will be sitting there as an option that round so happy to go the reverse POD on Impey as his 5 round average is only 85 with 1 ton.

Poulter > Heeney. Not ideal but they are both projected to go up the same amount over the next 2 weeks and Heeneys fixture is juicy. Heeney worries me a lot and is a bit of a gamble even at 398k but his ceiling is large. A week is a long time as I was against bringing in Heeney last week but he looked great on the weekend.

Dont like trading in first bye generally but makes sense for my side this time, will try to save 2 trades in R13/R14 to compensate.

For those trading in Reeves this week, interested to know the rationale of bringing in a rookie on their bye? He looks a good prospect, and I understand the desire to build bank, but surely the risk of him being dropped / getting injured at training would mean it would be wise to wait?

Makes more sense to get CCJ this week then DPP switch him and trade in Reeves next week if named.

Because Reeves playing in round 13 doesn't help you, as Grundy (hopefully) and Gawn will be playing, so he's just sitting on the bench

You need him to play in round 14 to cover the rucks out with their bye. Named in round 13 doesn't = playing in round 14 when you need him

Also if Reeves is fit, he's playing 6-12 games this season for sure, even if he's in and out of the side

If you're set on cashing Flynn out, then taking Reeves doesn't have much risk, because worst case you get a donut for loophole, and some sporadic games as the season goes

If you're desperate for numbers in round 14 and you're absolutely banking on him playing, then you got bigger issues lol

Makes more sense to get CCJ this week then DPP switch him and trade in Reeves next week if named.
Only if Grundy misses. If Grundy plays, it doesn't matter who you get. If Grundy plays, the benefit of getting Reeves or CCJ at R3 early is purely to 1. build the bank for next week and 2. give you the option of 3 other trades next week (to upgrade once or twice, to grab Bianco, also to have a trade in the bag in case you cop a LTI)

Nah, just crippled by injuries and dud picks at the start of the year. I'd hazard a guess that at least half my trades have been necessitated by long-term injuries and mostly to players you'd expect to be durable. I'm a shocker for sideways trades but not sure I've made a single (unforced) one this year.
I've just looked at my trade history and it hurts. Dangerfield, Rowell, Dunkley, Butters (who I effectively traded in for Danger), and Neale 🤦‍♂️

To go with such excellent starting picks as Dow, Clark, Phillips 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Only if Grundy misses. If Grundy plays, it doesn't matter who you get. If Grundy plays, the benefit of getting Reeves or CCJ at R3 early is purely to 1. build the bank for next week and 2. give you the option of 3 other trades next week (to upgrade once or twice, to grab Bianco, also to have a trade in the bag in case you cop a LTI)

Yep that's it. I'll probably jump on both CCJ and Bianco early. Especially if Grundy misses a week or 2. Next week I can get Reeves in and still do 2 upgrades.

If Reeves and Grundy both miss next week I'll have to change plans. I'll use the Flynn cash to upgrade a R13 bye rookie (Robertson)

Flynn to CCJ is a lock to get an extra score on field this week for Grundy

Next week:
Waterman/Jordon/other rook to Reeves (via DPP wizardry)

Reeves covers Grundy in round 13 and 14

ez

until we find out that Reeves is injured and out long term

If the hawks take Newcombe I reckon he would get games straight away. Find out more after Wednesday night

Not holding my breath - apart from Ryan Gardner I don't think anyone has debuted straight after the mid season draft and he was a positional need. All of Dunkley, DeLuca, Noble, Snelling, Sutcliffe, Pickett and Hosie got games later on in the season/next season.

Newcombe at least playing for the VFL Hawks but with those games put on hold might mean he needs some conditioning still. As a 19 year old and reports over his terms (not 6 month deal) I expect the Hawks to give him time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not holding my breath - apart from Ryan Gardner I don't think anyone has debuted straight after the mid season draft and he was a positional need. All of Dunkley, DeLuca, Noble, Snelling, Sutcliffe, Pickett and Hosie got games later on in the season/next season.

Newcombe at least playing for the VFL Hawks but with those games put on hold might mean he needs some conditioning still. As a 19 year old and reports over his terms (not 6 month deal) I expect the Hawks to give him time.
He's in Hawks VFL so not a big jump in system, talk of multi year contract on pretty fair money. He gets picked up wednesday, give him a week, then he plays rd13. He's definitely at the level.

He's in Hawks VFL so not a big jump in system, talk of multi year contract on pretty fair money. He gets picked up wednesday, give him a week, then he plays rd13. He's definitely at the level.
And our midfield is terrible right now

I can't get my head around the early ruck trades either.

If it's to avoid a round 12 donut, then unless you have an almost full POD team, then this is the round that this isn't going to be an issue. Most teams have well more than 18 fit players for round 12, so you're trading in a rookie before he's on the bubble, for a score you may not get the benefit of.

Reeves has the bye.

I don't see the downside in waiting, unless you have no cash whatsoever to do an upgrade you want to do. But even then I would have thought most teams have 18 good scoring players by now who will play in round 12?

If it's to avoid a round 12 donut, then unless you have an almost full POD team, then this is the round that this isn't going to be an issue. Most teams have well more than 18 fit players for round 12, so you're trading in a rookie before he's on the bubble, for a score you may not get the benefit of.

Reeves has the bye.

I don't see the downside in waiting, unless I'm missing something?
What if you already have some cash in the bank, and really want Bianco next week?

If you downgrade Flynn to Reeves now, then next you can do this: (for example)

-rookie to Whitfield
-rookie to Guthrie
-rookie to Bianco

Reeves will play games this season, somewhere between 6 and 12. Worst case he's just a donut loophole that plays sporadically. I totally understand your point, but what is the harm of cashing in Flynn?

Reeves has the bye.

I don't see the downside in waiting, unless you have no cash whatsoever to do an upgrade you want to do. But even then I would have thought most teams have 18 good scoring players by now who will play in round 12?

It's simply to free up cash and trading opportunities for my team moving forward.

R13 and 14 are my worst byes by far, whereas I'm stacked for player in R12.

There are no decent bubble rookies this round, but 2 key ones in R13 when I have the need (and opportunity with cash) to upgrade my team with keepers.

What if you already have some cash in the bank, and really want Bianco next week?

-rookie to Whitfield
-rookie to Guthrie
-rookie to Bianco

Reeves will play games this season, somewhere between 6 and 12. Worst case he's just a donut loophole that plays sporadically. I totally understand your point, but what is the harm of cashing in Flynn?

I think you are better off going early on Bianco - with Grundy out I want either Flynn or Reeves playing rd 13, so happy to wait for Reeves to be named first

(I don't need Flynn's cash until my R14 upgrade)

-rookie to Whitfield
-rookie to Guthrie
-rookie to Bianco

Ye - I can get my head around that.

I went early on Jones and paid for it (although I held him and am benefiting now), so maybe I'm just a bit gun shy.

I'm all for cashing in on Flynn and I intend to do it soon, but I want it to be to someone who is guaranteed to play (if an upgrade) or rise in price (if a rookie) in the week that I do the trade. Again, maybe I'm gun shy.

I have plenty of cash and am considering holding off on trading this week, with a view to bringing Whitfield in the week after. I'm somewhat torn though because it would complete my defence and mean that Laird would remain in my midfield. Is he good enough for M8 at the pointy end, or am I better off passing on Whitfield and getting another SP into my midfield? Not sure. Dilemmas ....

I think you are better off going early on Bianco - with Grundy out I want either Flynn or Reeves playing rd 13, so happy to wait for Reeves to be named first

(I don't need Flynn's cash until my R14 upgrade)
I think Reeves has the same, if not more, chance to play and score well in round 13 and 14 than Flynn does. Mummy would not have stayed on the field if he proper did his hammy. He now has a couple of weeks to recover before round 13. Mummy is still ahead of Flynn. They played 2 rucks vs the Lions and BigO smashed them, I reckon they'll drop back down to a solo ruck in Mummy.

I think Reeves has the same, if not more, chance to play and score well in round 13 and 14 than Flynn does. Mummy would not have stayed on the field if he proper did his hammy. He now has a couple of weeks to recover before round 13. Mummy is still ahead of Flynn. They played 2 rucks vs the Lions and BigO smashed them, I reckon they'll drop back down to a solo ruck in Mummy.

I'm happy to wait for rd 13 teams to be named to find out for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back