Not open for further replies.

Hodginator

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Unknown.jpeg

Onto next week. Lions will be fresh coming off the bye.

In > Out
DGB > Frost
Sicily > Meek
Mitchell > Bramble

Mackenzie > Butler to sub

(Although I doubt they’ll drop Frost)

IN: Sicily, Grainger-Barras, Mitchell

OUT: Frost (omitted), Meek (omitted), Bramble (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Impey

HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Sicily

C: Amon, Worpel, Day

HF: Butler, Koschitzke, Moore

F: Breust, Lewis, Brockman

R: Reeves, Newcombe, Nash

INT: Mitchell, C.MacDonald, Weddle, MacKenzie, B.MacDonald (Sub)

EMG: Frost, Meek, Stephens, Long

Out: koschitzke, Bramble, Nash (M), B MacDonald.

In: Sicily, Ward, Mitchell, Stephens

In: Sic, DGB, Scrim, Ward and Frenchie (into starting 18)

Out: Meek, Frost, Bramble and Scrim

Dimma Blanck Impey
Sicily DGB Weddle
Day Worpel Amon
Moore Lewis Frenchie
Brockman Kosi Bruest
Reeves Nash Newk
CMac Mitchell Butler BMac
Sub: Ward

Would like to see Day in the backline, Newk in the forward half and Nash in the ruck for spurts so that Moore, CMac and Frenchie can have stints on ball.

IN: Sicily, Grainger-Barras, Mitchell

OUT: Frost (omitted), Meek (omitted), Bramble (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Blanck, Impey

HB: Scrimshaw, Grainger-Barras, Sicily

C: Amon, Worpel, Day

HF: Butler, Koschitzke, Moore

F: Breust, Lewis, Brockman

R: Reeves, Newcombe, Nash

INT: Mitchell, C.MacDonald, Weddle, MacKenzie, B.MacDonald (Sub)

EMG: Frost, Meek, Stephens, Long
Who is second ruck if Meek is out? Kosi ?

Scrim out. I know this requires detailed explanation: Sis is back and is our best player. Although Scrim lead the team for intercept possessions, structurally he comes out ahead of others, namely Frost.

Mitchell back for BMac.

Personally, I’d drop Frost for DGB, but may not happen. We do need some talls that can defend this week, and Frost has done that in the past.

As much as I love CMac, he may go back to sub for Frenchie: I can live with either way around. Wildcard is Meek out for Frenchie, with maybe Scrim to sub.

Basically, back them in to turn it around, but bring back those who missed unavoidably.

Ins: Sicily, DGB, Mitchell, Mackenzie
Outs: Scrimshaw, CMac, Frost, BMac

Scrimshaw and CMac both had the same problem - they were very lax defensively. Scrim gave his opponent far too much room while CMac didn't lay a single tackle (Newcombe same but has runs on the board). They have to be omissions despite the good aspects of their game.

I know Frost won't likely be dropped but he was so atrocious we actively shifted him out of the backline. BMac got a good taste and now knows what is required at the level.

Kosi/Meek remain headaches but there aren't many current solutions. Would stick with them structurally.

B: Sicily Blanck Hardwick
HB: Mitchell DGB Weddle
C: Bramble Nash Amon
HF: Breust Kosi Moore
F: Brockman Lewis Butler
Fol: Reeves Newcombe Day
Int: Impey Worpel Mackenzie Meek
Sub: Long

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frost really has to be dropped after that performance. He's been roasted too many times this season. His decent/good games are bookended by terrible performances.

Mitchell said at the start of the season he won't gift games, now it's time to back that up.

Daniher and Hipwood aren't the most physical KPF's, so let Blanck and DGB have a go. If Hipwood runs up the ground then Scrimshaw can follow him, letting DGB stay in the D50.

Frost really has to be dropped after that performance. He's been roasted too many times this season. His decent/good games are bookended by terrible performances.

Mitchell said at the start of the season he won't gift games, now it's time to back that up.

Daniher and Hipwood aren't the most physical KPF's, so let Blanck and DGB have a go. If Hipwood runs up the ground then Scrimshaw can follow him, letting DGB stay in the D50.
I'd put good money on Frost not being dropped.

They're not going to drop him off the back of a bad performance where we conceded the season record for inside 50s and had our best defender and captain out, particularly after good showings in back to back wins.

In: Sicily, Mitchell, Ward and DGB
Out: Meek (hate playing 2 rucks that can’t play elsewhere - Kosi and Nash to give ruck relief), B MacDonald (unlucky but Seamus comes in), Bramble (unlucky but Ward must play) and Frost (poor performance - probably stays in but DGB needs an opportunity)
*Wingard and CJ (if fit) to play at least 2 games at Box Hill to earn spot back.
Weddle on a wing please!!!
Ward probably the sub.

Loved Day in the midfield but so classy off half back. Getting tagged each week now too. A mixture of both would suit. Would like to see DGB, Blanck as 2 KDs and Sic interceptor. Scrim lacking confidence. Ward back in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back