Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 82-56 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Our defensive unit was incredible today. Off the charts really.

Last 4 weeks we are averaging 61 points scored against us.

That includes Fremantle, Carlton and Melbourne.

I said in one of these threads a few weeks ago that we needed to improve our team defence as it was diabolical.

Now it's in check we look scary. And hungry!!!

Post bye we have

GWS
GC
NM
Adel
Essendon

Boy oh boy :moustache: :moustache:
Round 15 also sees Bris v Melb, Carl v Freo, and Gee v Rich! Some serious chance to make ground on the top 4!! Can you believe it??

West Coasy game though... wtf?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good

• The win!
  • That game would have especially warmed the hearts of every Collingwood supporter over the age of ~80 … the old rivals!
  • Cox Gone from pariah to game changer in a mere 2 months.
  • Kept hard at the contest, even when we were not getting reward for effort and well behind on the scoreboard.
  • McCreery’s tackle. He’s stringing a few good games together.
  • Q‘s tackle on Gawn
  • Mihocek‘s sticky fingers and straight kicking
  • How good is it having Elliott back?
  • Daicos’ game. Again. Both of them.
  • Murphy stringing together a series of great games. Cramped in the last so he needs to build his fitness, but he’s going good.
  • One of WHE‘s better games, took the game on more than I’ve ever seen him before.
  • Generally solid game across the board.
  • Haven’t seen Fly’s presser yet, but I know I’ll like the bit where he smiles and says “Yeah, I like winning”.
  • Cox and Cameron showing Gawn no respect by taking the ball straight out of the ruck. Had a few giggles there.
  • Good support for a good cause.

The bad

• I reckon the comp needs to quietly adopt the custom of only giving out BOG honours to players on the winning team. Not a good look having a losing player embarrassed and uncomfortable at receiving the award.
  • Kicking accuracy in the first half. Turned it around nicely in the second but.
  • Bit of arguing and frustration between our own players in the first half. Don’t like to see that.

The ugly

- I know KFC sponsor our club, but our cheersquad holding up a KFC advertising banner is going too far. I don’t like it.

Last edited:
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Doesn’t get much better than that, boys and girls. Superb, underdog win.

Mason friggen Cox, take a bow good sir as that was a HUGE game. And Jamie, what can we say? An absolute champ.

I counted 12 genuine missed opportunities/ gifted goals so was always confident if we could cut the errors out we’d run over them. Not sure if I can remember all of them but they include

Ginnivan two misses
DeGoey two misses
Noble stupid 50 metre penalty ( also stupid rule but that’s a different topic)
Moore terrible turnover
Cox should have been paid a free in the goalsquare in a marking contest
Mccreery bad miss

That’s 8 off the top of my head…. I reckon Mihocek could have nailed some of his shots too.

Great win in the circumstances. We won it in the second half of the second quarter when Melbourne were getting further on top…. And just evened the ledger until half time.

No idea about best on ground but cox Daicos Daicos Pendlebury Maynard Quaynor and crisp are right up there

Our defensive unit was incredible today. Off the charts really.

Time we recognise Murphy. Grabbed his chance and has made the position his own within a handful of games.

We'd be quick to roast the guy if he hadn't done well.

So.

Nathan fn Murphy. We salute you, you magnificent crazy bast*rd.

P.S: Is it OK that this win makes me happy because D.Oliver is just. so. damn. punchable!

P.S.S: aaaand Goodwin is one of Australia's biggest flogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 13 = Collingwood 82-56 Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back