Game Day Round 13: Collingwood V Melbourne, 12 June, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have the Dees covered and win well if we start well I reckon. There backline is pretty good aside from Tomlinson (play through him a lot hopefully) although they are all pretty slow. Even with JDG and Sidey missing our mids are a class above. Lipinski returning is great. Our backs have them well covered even if Fritsch gets a couple.
Too much class, too much pace, too much skill, too much flair and too much dare for Melbourne to deal with. Coxy and Cameron to smash Gawn and Grundy. Pies by 4-6 goals!!!!

Should have the Dees covered and win well if we start well I reckon. There backline is pretty good aside from Tomlinson (play through him a lot hopefully) although they are all pretty slow. Even with JDG and Sidey missing our mids are a class above. Lipinski returning is great. Our backs have them well covered even if Fritsch gets a couple.
Too much class, too much pace, too much skill, too much flair and too much dare for Melbourne to deal with. Coxy and Cameron to smash Gawn and Grundy. Pies by 4-6 goals!!!!
Every time people post stuff like this, i get nervous

Last week against the Blooz, Petracca 32 disposals @ 68.8 % disposal effiency.

I'd imagine alot of no look long bomb kicks from him. No Oliver assisting inside means alot of the hard work for him and Viney. Put pressure on them and our defence will be carving up the intercepts today.

D Moore 3 votes.

Every time people post stuff like this, i get nervous
I feel like willy wonka when i say: Ultimately the umpires will decide the game. If not them then the players. If not them then the coaches, if not the coaches, the weather. If not the weather, the bounce of the ball,.if not the bounce of the ball, the rub of the green. If none of these have any bearing, then and perhaps only then, big footy arrogance.

always enjoy a win especially against old suburban rivals .... but to be honest, im not overly fussed by the result today (our win/loss record affords us this luxury)

id approach todays game as a fact finding mission - a chance to stress test

1. our own 'in-game' decision making against a likely september opponent (zones, transition, stoppage etc)
2. strengths/weaknesses in melbournes game plan (olivers absence undermines this point a little but sill think there are aspects of melbournes game plan worth looking at)

Last edited:
If someone wakes up sick or gets hurt in warm up, would you prefer us to go in with a sub who played a game the day before?
As a sub, that shouldn't be a problem. It's happened several times before where a player played in the reserves and then played a full game in the seniors on the same day!

What if it was a crucial game the VFL team had to win to make finals. Do you sit out one of your best players just because he is an emergency? You wouldn't do that unless you know a selected player is in serious doubt to get up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a sub, that shouldn't be a problem. It's happened several times before where a player played in the reserves and then played a full game in the seniors on the same day!

What if it was a crucial game the VFL team had to win to make finals. Do you sit out one of your best players just because he is an emergency? You wouldn't do that unless you know a selected player is in serious doubt to get up.
Tony Armstrong played 8 quarters pretty much in a row:

Sorry Looney;)😊😊. Only thing I’m slightly concerned about is the virus rumours and that we may come out a little flat. In previous years I’d be nervous like yourself but currently that’s not the case:):thumbsu:.😀👍😀👍.
Nah, you're good. I guess we've earnt the right to be a little cocky this year but I actually feel more comfortable when people doubt Collingwood before the game than being confident. I guess i've developed that mentality from years of disappointments of being a Collingwood supporter.

Looking forward to seeing lipstick turn it on in his first game back. Hoping Ndaicos has another big game today. Don’t let Grundy get in your heads boys!

Stick it up them!

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Nah, you're good. I guess we've earnt the right to be a little cocky this year but I actually feel more comfortable when people doubt Collingwood before the game than being confident. I guess i've developed that mentality from years of disappointments of being a Collingwood supporter.
All good:thumbsu:. Wasn’t intending to sound cocky or over confident. Posted it with the same wry grin I have when I sing “for the Premiership’s a cakewalk”:).

Their scoring has dried up the last 3 games. They have scored 61, 72 & 76 points. We have scored over 100 in 3 of our last 3 games excluding Carlton.
Hopefully one of our forwards has a big game.
Hopefully more than one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back