Review Round 14, 2024 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

We know that players like Rozee, Butters, Marshall all have talent, but too often over the years we have seen promising players turn to rubbish under the current coaching regime. I just want to see them get a chance to play under a decent coach in a good system and get back their love of playing, before we crucify them.

Personally I think this club could very well be stuffed even after hinkly goes!
The disaster he has presided won't be fixed in a hurry!

For all of McEntee's limitations he at least puts his body on the line and exerts maximum effort at every contest, which is probably why he gets a game every week. Rozee and Butters are Nick Kyrgios style footballers - all of the talent in the world but no hunger for the contest or the hard work required to be great. Get them to watch the way Callan Ward goes about it to see just how far they are off the pace in terms of toughness and unconditional effort.
Rozee maybe but Butters is one of the hardest at it. He throws his body on the line with reckless abandonment for his own safety and always has.

Todd Marshall against North Melbourne 5.0, last quarter against GWS when we need a goal misses 2 set shots.
Same shit different year.
He is mentally weak. Kicks them from the boundary and misses those directly in front. Expected to kick misses. Not expected to kick, nails it. Bit like our team really.

This won't be popular but it's time for a serious discussion about Rozee and Butters. On current form - as in, two months worth of form - neither are starting midfielders. In no particular order, Wines, Drew, Horne-Francis and Mead are all significantly better players and we look far more difficult to beat at stoppage when it's a combination of that quartet instead of Rozee and Butters.

Arguably we would be better served as a team if we played them both as forwards where their physical and mental softness will be less costly and their clever little tricks might actually result in goals rather than turnovers and easy clearances to the opposition.

The fact that they are captain and vice captain is nothing short of hilarious.
God you have the absolute shittest of takes sometimes.

Sorry just woke up...

Geez it must have been hard to kick with all that rain....

Geez it must have been hard to kick with that howling wind.....

What?

Seriously?

Unwatchable Slip.

But hey we will announce something shiny Monday and we have no debt.... Stop complaining and support your team you ungrateful bastard.

They already wheeled out the next stages of the Alberton upgrades on Channel 9

A broken footy club, from the top to the bottom, every level.

Koch is primarily responsible but this is his vision. He doesn't want tough or aggressive. Nor does he want win at any cost mentality. What he wants is a virtue signaling family club where everybody hugs everybody else and nobody is to blame for anything as that may lead to people not feeling good about themselves.

This is ALL David Koch.

From the moment he walked in to the joint his ego told him "nah **** 150+ yrs of tradition" I'm building this in to my vision, I'm here for change and stability.

Congrats, Dave. Fantastic job.
This X Plenty, the club has become a reflection of an extremely weak and self centred president who is far more interested in being liked by all and sundry than heading up a ruthless and successful football club.

The bloke is a mouth breathing leech!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rozee only had 14 touches today. Prior to the St Kilda game he looked as though he was in career best form. Comes into the showdown carrying a hamstring injury and the rest is history.
The Rozee Showdown appearance was a huge gamble.A game we where destined to be thrashed in.
Just hoping today was a lack of match fitness.
Hoping hes not carrying a season long injury.That cements him in the fwd pocket or off the bench.

How about McEntee's defensive role on Whitfield? Oh ...

Harold Ramis Ugh GIF by Ghostbusters

Personally I think this club could very well be stuffed even after hinkly goes!
The disaster he has presided won't be fixed in a hurry!
Looking forward to years of Kane Cones saying keninly was our god and he held us together

Remove this Banner Ad

Back