Round 14 changes Vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

And this doesn't happen with McKenzie?

No changes I reckon.

Agree with Easternhills, Stevens and Gaff on the extended bench with Darling the only chance to be out because he looks like he needs a rest.

Darling as the sub might be worth a shot.

Prior to Mackenzie's injury his disposal had improved immensly this year.

Spot on, McKenzie is a solid mark and spoiler and has learnt to play within his abilities which has resulted him tidying his disposal up this year. Prior to his injury he was comfortably in front of Brown and Schofield as one of our most reliable defenders.

Schofield does a hell of a lot of good things but then he ruins his game by making some absolutely horrendous errors. Dropped uncontested marks, direct turnovers resulting in opposition goals it just never ends with this guy I don't know if he's a lost cause????
Saying that - Out Schofield In Mackenzie

Agree Schofield must go. The mistakes he makes are absolutely basic errors. He makes them every week and they outweigh all the good he does.

Spot on, McKenzie is a solid mark and spoiler and has learnt to play within his abilities which has resulted him tidying his disposal up this year. Prior to his injury he was comfortably in front of Brown and Schofield as one of our most reliable defenders.
Yeah prior to his injury.

Schofield is in good form, better rebound than McKenzie.

You don't drop a guy in good form for a guy returning from injury when you don't know if his output will be better.

Who ever thinks a Glass Walker matchup is good for us has had too many watching the game this arvo. Walker is too quick and runs up field to much for Glass.

Glass on Henderson would be better, Glass using his experience and strength against the younger FF.

Schofield would be better on Walker and yes we will need another tall defender to take Kruiser or a Waite.

Smith would be good on Garlett / Betts.

The out will be who needs a rest, I'm thinking Darling.

In MacKenzie

The calls for Mcginnity out are laughable - couldn't be more needed against Carlton with their forward fleet brigade

Glass on Walker would be an annhilation in pace - think Butler or Smith would get the gig.

For mine - Emac in for Darling or perhaps Schofield - depends on whether waite is fit

Yeah prior to his injury.

Schofield is in good form, better rebound than McKenzie.

You don't drop a guy in good form for a guy returning from injury when you don't know if his output will be better.

Good form? So i'm guessing you haven't noticed the dropped marks and turnovers which regularly cost us 2-3 goals a game?

No way should Schofield be dropped. I know you are doing it for 'team balance', but we can easily have Glass, eMac and Schoey in the same line-up. He's been playing bloody well, and can line up on smalls and talls.

Ebert played well as the sub today too. Won't happen.
Schofield was horrible. Coughed up two goals directly with unforced kicking turnovers, not good enough.

When we last played at Etihad, against Essendon, we were a bit top heavy. Carlton have a similar structure, which makes me think Darling will get rested for another small - gaff/stevens/masten. Also, S.Selwood looked like he might have had a foot issue in the last quarter.

The calls for Mcginnity out are laughable - couldn't be more needed against Carlton with their forward fleet brigade

Glass on Walker would be an annhilation in pace - think Butler or Smith would get the gig.

For mine - Emac in for Darling or perhaps Schofield - depends on whether waite is fit
Smith is the perfect matchup for Walker IMO

Schofield either (a) needs to go back to the 2s OR (b) not play as a key defender.

He was woeful today. Couldnt care for his handful of good things he might do. His bad things are far more noticeable. Gave away at least 2 goals again today. Anyone saying his "in form" is kidding themselves. Was at the game and near the goals so i got a close look at him when he was defending and it was just crap. Regularly had no touch on his man, almost exclusively played behind his man even though as a defender youre told to take front possie especially with Schoey because his not solidly built like Glass. Especially in the wet when the ball might drop short/ skid he should've been in front

His selection for the Calrton game depends on the Carlton selection of Waite and or Hampson. He'd have the tank to go with Walker or Waite but either player has the potential to tear him a new one in footy smarts and or pace off the mark if he doesnt keep touch

Good idea to give Darling a rest next week. Give him a game with the Falcons on the bye week.

Early days but i'll go

IN: Mackenzie, Stevens /Gaff /Jo???

OUT: Darling, Schofield???

How's big beau traveling? Thought he was back this week.

Close, will probably play either Claremont reserves or a half in the
Claremont seniors, a game in the Claremont seniors the week after whilst we have the bye and will be in line for a recall to the team vs Geelong in 3 weeks time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close, will probably play either Claremont reserves or a half in the
Claremont seniors, a game in the Claremont seniors the week after whilst we have the bye and will be in line for a recall to the team vs Geelong in 3 weeks time

There will be no reasons for Beau to have his game time limited in the WAFL - being an elbow - he should have had plenty of time to get his running in - in fact he's probably had a mini pre-season.

All he should need is a game to get touch

I wouldn't be too surprised if Waters comes back in this week for Darling as the defensive forward, like TFS said he'll be perfectly fit to run out a game because it's an elbow injury.

IN: Mackenzie, Waters

Out: Darling, Smith

There will be no reasons for Beau to have his game time limited in the WAFL - being an elbow - he should have had plenty of time to get his running in - in fact he's probably had a mini pre-season.

Straight into the seniors is always risky though, you only need to see how rusty Barlow was with the pace of AFL to see it can take players a bit of time to adjust to the tempo. 2 game in the WAFL and he will be better for it coming into the Geelong game.

Smith is the perfect matchup for Walker IMO

physically, yes. if smith had played 50+ games and was a cemented member of the best 22 i would agree. but in a big game like this, with walker being their best forward...i really think it would be wiser of us to use glass on him. you have to use your best defenders on the best forwards.

it would be a great experience for him, it could cost us though...

Straight into the seniors is always risky though, you only need to see how rusty Barlow was with the pace of AFL to see it can take players a bit of time to adjust to the tempo. 2 game in the WAFL and he will be better for it coming into the Geelong game.

I don't mean straight into WC - just let him play a full game for Claremont league.

His fitness from running at training should have him match fit enough for the WAFL

He won't need to go down the route of a half in the WAFL ressies and then build it up.

Just put him straight into claremont - see how his touch is in the 1st week and make a call

physically, yes. if smith had played 50+ games and was a cemented member of the best 22 i would agree. but in a big game like this, with walker being their best forward...i really think it would be wiser of us to use glass on him. you have to use your best defenders on the best forwards.

it would be a great experience for him, it could cost us though...

This is a bloody tough one. Walker was always going to be a jet, and currently is. Glass may not have the class (sorry for busting a rhyme). I reckon give Smitty the duty with some loose support. But like a said, they have a mosquito brigade which could make our back six (EDIT: overall team) look like blokes on treadmills.

Dare I say it.

He is running a tad quicker than before. It could be the rest has made his body ready for action

Trust me, I said that Lynch and Priddis were getting faster.

Priddis is definately getting faster as the extra speed enables hims to time his jumps better for marks which have been a feature just recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 14 changes Vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back