Round 14 changes Vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah did see Gaff playing for Souths a few weeks ago on ABC did appear a bit bigger.

Still a Pre season away imo

Walker? Schofield's a great matchup for him. Not sure MacKenzie has a matchup unless Henderson plays.

..Walker's our best fwd, at 6/3 he plays both tall and short.. ..and he's a midfielder/fwd so Schofield will need both nthe pace to match Walker and also elite endurance.. ..Walkers one of our fittest/fastest combo players and will lead right up to the wing to help out the team downfield, and will keep on presenting up fwd.. ..not too clued in with schofield's assets but will have to match speed/fitness to be able to run with Walker..

..Walker's our best fwd, at 6/3 he plays both tall and short.. ..and he's a midfielder/fwd so Schofield will need both nthe pace to match Walker and also elite endurance.. ..Walkers one of our fittest/fastest combo players and will lead right up to the wing to help out the team downfield, and will keep on presenting up fwd.. ..not too clued in with schofield's assets but will have to match speed/fitness to be able to run with Walker..

Schoey's super quick and quite a bit taller than Walker - so should be able to match him on the lead and in the air.

The issue will be recovery and agility when the ball hits the deck.

Schofield is the sort of bloke who could dominate all day yet f*ck it all up with two howler mistakes.

Sounds like the Swans did us a favour with a buising encounter last week. Hampson out, Mitch Robinson in doubt, Lonegran, Waite and a couple of others also in doubt.

At this rate we won't have a side come Sunday.

Lost Hampson. Waite and Laidler not ready. Ellard concussed. Injuries to Robbo, Duigan, Tuohy and who knows who else?
May have dig into the Ants seconds to find a team.

I hope your whispers are just that and we can actually maintain a 22 on the field for more than 4 quarters at a time

According to Footywire:

Andrew Walker is 190cms and 89kgs

Ashley Smith is 186cms and 85kgs

Will Schofield is 196cms and 96kgs

Adam Selwood is 189cms and 86kgs

Sam Butler is 187cms and 83kgs

I wouldn't be surprised to see Adam Selwood get a run with Walker. All of those defenders would be reasonable match-ups though. I guess it'll depend on who we want on Betts and Garlett among other things.

..didn't realise schofield was so tall.. ..if he's superquick you've got a good defender in the making.. ..as much as Walker likes to go for the speccy, that's more opportunism since up fwd he's usually a hit-up leading target, or he'll double-back to lead fwd into space and get the pass.. ..Blues don't have a big power fwd that takes a lot of contested marks.. ..trick will be more to clog up our leading space and chop off the leads.. ..and being quick/nimble when the ball hits the deck cos they'll kick it into space for walker/betts/garlett to run onto.. ..as well as simpson/murphy/judd who we rest up fwd alot..

Schofield just needs to stop shanking kicks across goal and he would be a damn good defender. His defensive and offensive game is great but his skills can be hit and miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Footywire:

Andrew Walker is 190cms and 89kgs

Ashley Smith is 186cms and 85kgs

Will Schofield is 196cms and 96kgs

Adam Selwood is 189cms and 86kgs

Sam Butler is 187cms and 83kgs

I wouldn't be surprised to see Adam Selwood get a run with Walker. All of those defenders would be reasonable match-ups though. I guess it'll depend on who we want on Betts and Garlett among other things.

11 pages. I've been waiting for someone to suggest this.
Most probably starting wise will be Schofield vs Walker and A Selwood and Judd. S Selwood going with Murphy. I cant see Woosh wanting two negatives in the Centre Bounce if Murphy and Judd are in there together and this is where he may use Nic Nat with A Selwood picking up Judd outside the Centre Bounce.
But definately a possibility with A Selwood going to Walker at some time.

If Carlton go loose in their backline with Scotland then we go loose with Hurn or Butler.

Smith has the pace off the mark and is under rated as defender. Just a few young player clangers hide his value. Would be interesting to see him against Walker but his pace may be better against Betts..

i haven't kept track with the blues over the past couple of weeks, is bower uninjured at the moment? i'd assume he would replace duigan?

i haven't kept track with the blues over the past couple of weeks, is bower uninjured at the moment? i'd assume he would replace duigan?

Likely yeh. His been in good enough form in the 2s.

The more the week goes on the more i think MacKenzie is a neccesity in the 22 this week. Henderson likely to hold his place with Hampson out IMO, Walker will play, looks like Waite will play. Thats there three dangerous tall to medium sized forwards there. Plus Kruezer maybe resting deep. Warnock forward isnt to much of a danger but could happen and he can take a mark

At least take Mackenzie, put him through his paces and decide match day. Omit one of the smaller guys. McGinnity IMO i know its harsh but its the benefit of the team that Mackenzie is back. Maybe Swift??? Injection of Gaffs pace on Etihad would be lovely to

IN: MacKenzie - Gaff???

OUT: McGinnity - Swift???

11 pages. I've been waiting for someone to suggest this.
Most probably starting wise will be Schofield vs Walker and A Selwood and Judd. S Selwood going with Murphy. I cant see Woosh wanting two negatives in the Centre Bounce if Murphy and Judd are in there together and this is where he may use Nic Nat with A Selwood picking up Judd outside the Centre Bounce.
But definately a possibility with A Selwood going to Walker at some time.

If Carlton go loose in their backline with Scotland then we go loose with Hurn or Butler.
I'd start with.
Scooter on Murphy.
Kerr on Judd.

If we are winning the taps then Priddis should get a few clearances, if Scooter can't hold Murphy then move Adam onto him. We need to try and win enough of our ball and shut down their run.

Whoever is driving the ball out of defense best needs to be shut down and I'd use McGinnity for that role. With any luck we can isolate Hurn as much as possible and get them to negate him with an attacking player like Yarran.

I'd be temped to drop Swift for this game and bring in Gaff for the extra run and his use of the ball around the ground. In saying that Swift could have an impact onball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 14 changes Vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back