Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

So Laura Kane confirmed the call not to award a 50m to North in the last was a correct call.

The umpire made an error in not calling play on or directing the player to stand the mark.

Scott, having taken the mark, then took a few steps forward before peddling back.

The direction to bring the ball back to where the mark was, was to clear confusion from the umpire not initially signalling play on or stand the mark.
So the umpire got it right because he got it wrong.

More salt for salty North fans!

I should be an umpire.

Oppo salt mine confirmed (yet again) :moustache:
So, the non-50 people are whinging about was actually a wrong decision that disadvantaged us! Had play on been correctly called Scott would have been tackled and we’d see a ball up instead of a clean nm kick inside 50.

🤣🤣🤣

Can’t make this shit up!

Last edited:

So Laura Kane confirmed the call not to award a 50m to North in the last was a correct call.

The umpire made an error in not calling play on or directing the player to stand the mark.

Scott, having taken the mark, then took a few steps forward before peddling back.

The direction to bring the ball back to where the mark was, was to clear confusion from the umpire not initially signalling play on or stand the mark.

that just doesn't make any sense.

yes Scott moved sideways but the umpire doesn't call play on so its irrelevant and has to be 50.

did she work in Canberra / politics?

So, the non-50 people are whinging about was actually a wrong decision that disadvantaged us! Had play on been correctly called Scott would have been tackled and we’d see a ball up instead of a clean nm kick inside 50.

🤣🤣🤣

Can’t make this shit up!
it would have been holding the ball to Beau as North players priority was to not play on, so the game effectively ends right there

that just doesn't make any sense.

yes Scott moved sideways but the umpire doesn't call play on so its irrelevant and has to be 50.

did she work in Canberra / politics?
No.

The umpire didn't tell the players to stand or whether it was play on.
That was the main issue. So, the players were confused. The error the umpire made was not providing the direction.

I thought her explanation was actually quite clear.

No.

That was the main issue. So, the players were confused. The error the umpire made was not providing the direction.

umpire blows his whistle and 2 pies run 5 m over the mark. how isn't that time wasting and 50?

the stand part is also irrelevant. they ran past the mark.

I know this is a forum for debate, but we were 54 points down in the third and won by a point. Can we discuss how brilliant that was rather tha contentious umpiring decissions. I can't remember seeing any team do that in the last 20 years or so and here we are discussing umpiring decissions instead of celebrating one of the greatest comebacks in football history. FFS.
Recall a game several years ago between Essendon and west coast where pretty sure one side kicked 10 goals in the first and the other team kicked 10 goals in the second

No.

Umpire actually pulled common sense out of the kit bag. Rarely used commodity to the whistle men really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey did anyone at the ground see that idiot Collingwood supporter run onto the ground after Howe's goal that put us in front?

It wasn't shown on TV and you wouldn't even have known it happened as it occurred during the break in play as the ball was going back to the centre after the goal.

Luckily he was caught quickly as the worst thing that could have happened at that stage was a long break in play because of the ****wit, halting all of Collingwood's momentum allowing North time to regroup.

Hey did anyone at the ground see that idiot Collingwood supporter run onto the ground after Howe's goal that put us in front?

It wasn't shown on TV and you wouldn't even have known it happened as it occurred during the break in play as the ball was going back to the centre after the goal.

Luckily he was caught quickly as the worst thing that could have happened at that stage was a long break in play because of the ****wit, halting all of Collingwood's momentum allowing North time to regroup.

You mean Bruzzy's mate? 🤣

I keep hearing non stop from everyone about a blatant 50m penalty not being awarded which would've resulted in a certain goal.
Are they talking about this incident?

Should been 50 for Encroachment

I should be an umpire.

Oppo salt mine confirmed (yet again) :moustache:

Yep, been arguing the same thing with the dimwits on the main board since yesterday. Was great to be proven correct by Laura for a change and I have umpires plenty of games so actually know the rules, unlike those Carlton supporters masquerading as Pies fans.

Media whinging saying Nick gets umpired differently yet said nothing last week when he got scragged and held all game.
Pack of Sooks

Sad Eric Cartman GIF by South Park

umpire blows his whistle and 2 pies run 5 m over the mark. how isn't that time wasting and 50?

the stand part is also irrelevant. they ran past the mark.
It wasn't as if he took the mark and right at that point, 2 Collingwood players went up over the mark.
He had time to take the mark and and took a few steps inbound looking to pass it, and then stops and backs back at which point the Pies players run in.

So where is the mark they are to stand when the player is not near it. The umpire needed to direct the players at that point.

It seems the umpire must have thought Scott played on, but forget to call it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back