Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad angle and bad footage

On Kayo it's in 4K and they full on slow it down. It wasn't as close as your screen makes it appear

Not saying it was miles away or anything
I was almost right behind the goals and I'd estimate that it was about a foot the other side of the post. If you watch Frampton he was never stressing about it.

It wasn't as if he took the mark and right at that point, 2 Collingwood players went up over the mark.
He had time to take the mark and and took a few steps inbound looking to pass it, and then stops and backs back at which point the Pies players run in.

So where is the mark they are to stand when the player is not near it. The umpire needed to direct the players at that point.

It seems the umpire must have thought Scott played on, but forget to call it out.

Agreed the umpire messed this up but players can't run over a mark and grab a player when they've taken a mark.

Your bloke flying over the fence like Hulk Hogan had pushed him when Tew touched his back like a feather resulting in another bullshit goal was suss too
I'd be asking questions about the Roos players. Surely they backed themselves for a loss at 3/4 time, how else can you describe that debacle

Thanks for doing this Pons.
Awesome work.

Did anyone else notice the brief flash of surprise and annoyance when the “Russian roulette” comment was made.

Fly def took umbrage to that and looked visibly annoyed and disrespected by it. Hence his response of “method”.

Poor form from Clarko….who made the comment several times that we just got lucky.
Wish Fly had responded with “Takes two to tango in comming from that far down.”

Buts he’s way too classy for that.
As the saying goes - LUCK is when preparation meets opportunity.

Push in the back was there and momentum took him into the fence.

14-4 free kicks for whole 2nd half
Including a rather soft and whistle happy 50m pen and goal to Daicos.
It was 10-10 at half time.
I'm going to say something groundbreaking here - Free kicks aren't always equal. The AFL would match rather North have won yesterday so the conspiracy theory is unfounded

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed the umpire messed this up but players can't run over a mark and grab a player when they've taken a mark.
But as Kane says, the whistle is blown and the message needs to be delivered by the umpire of whether it was play on or stand. No message was delivered after the whistle was blown and Scott moved to play on.

I don't have an intimate knowledge of the rules, but what Kane has said is that the umpire blows the whistle and then delivers the message.

Looking at it another way, I'm sure you wouldn't have 2 opposition players run past the mark and go to tackle a player if they are told to 'stand'.

Push in the back was there and momentum took him into the fence.

14-4 free kicks for whole 2nd half
Including a rather soft and whistle happy 50m pen and goal to Daicos.
It was 10-10 at half time.
Do you think Clarkson is going to improve your team, by telling your story, that they were robbed?
Or that they need to find ways to protect a lead and not let teams get back into a game.
I’ll give you some thinking music 😂.

I'm going to say something groundbreaking here - Free kicks aren't always equal. The AFL would match rather North have won yesterday so the conspiracy theory is unfounded
I personally think the AFL would really love a Collingwood/Carlton final.

North beating Pies wasn't on the AFLs bingo card and they panicked.

Pies are now top 4 and will regain players from injury making that a match up a possibility.

Makes you wonder. Ahhh well, they're a shit club anyway
I dont mind North. Battling club that has some great young talent. I think the supporters are just frustrated because they should of rolled us yesterday without question. Moaning about 1 decision doesn't undo a 55 point turnaround in 40 minutes of footy. Id be ropable if we did that. Like we did in the Crows game in 2017

Pies are now top 4 and will regain players from injury making that a match up a possibility.
So they've only been interested in that scenario this year?

When did this conspiracy start?

Personally i dont think umps manipulate games ever they just have trouble keeping up with the 837 tweaks to every rule every week the AFL put to them and in a split second you can miss a decision and look stupid calling it back

you look like a giant sook, I don’t recall visiting the Freo or Saints boards after we were robbed against them, but you do you

I personally think you're talking shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back