Toast Round 14 = North Melbourne 118-119 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think Clarkson is going to improve your team, by telling your story, that they were robbed?
Or that they need to find ways to protect a lead and not let teams get back into a game.
I’ll give you some thinking music 😂.
We need to be better no doubt
I was nervous as this team has rarely been in such a dominant winning position before they don't know what to do.

However despite AFLs lip service clear 50 for mine to Scott and the winning goal.
We move on though I guess.

I personally think the AFL would really love a Collingwood/Carlton final.

North beating Pies wasn't on the AFLs bingo card and they panicked.

Pies are now top 4 and will regain players from injury making that a match up a possibility.
Calm the **** down. You have 2 generation players in sheeze and warlord.
Our list is full of holes
That fisher kick goes through or the 3 fumbles in the last 2 mins aren't and the game is put away.
A bad umpiring decision (the daicos htb/ not the 50 which wasn't there) went against you it happens. So you want me to explain the bad decisions in finals in the last 20 years?
Your club will be fine.
Kindly fu k off our board and let us debate.

I was nervous as this team has rarely been in such a dominant winning position before they don't know what to do.

However despite AFLs lip service clear 50 for mine to Scott and the winning goal.
Winning goal? There was time left on the clock. Haven't you watched our games the past 3 years?

Mmmmm, so a coaching error could have contributed to a 1 point loss

OR..

there's a conspiracy to ensure a Blues v Pies GF

OR

the umps had a multi bet on the game.

Which one?
The Phillips sub wasn't the cause of the result.

The umps gave you alot of momentum
14-4 free kicks against the reigning premier many of which were free kick shots for goal.

that just doesn't make any sense.

yes Scott moved sideways but the umpire doesn't call play on so its irrelevant and has to be 50.

did she work in Canberra / politics?
I disagree. They don’t need to wait for play on to be called. That only applies if the mark has been set. It would be ridiculous if a running player could mark the ball and everyone had to stand still until the ump calls play on.

That fisher kick goes through or the 3 fumbles in the last 2 mins aren't and the game is put away.
A bad umpiring decision (the daicos htb/ not the 50 which wasn't there) went against you it happens. So you want me to explain the bad decisions in finals in the last 20 years?
Your club will be fine.
Agreed. These North supporters are ruining a game which showcased their talent. A game they should take confidence from. It was a fantastic game with 37 goals scored.

We'll gladly take one of their superstars, LDU, Larkey, Wardlaw, Sheezel off their hands if they're not willing to appreciate them & be proud of how they played instead of banging on about one umpiring decision.

Your club will be fine.
I'll see myself out
Good luck for the rest of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. These North supporters are ruining a game which showcased their talent. A game they should take confidence from. It was a fantastic game with 37 goals scored.

We'll gladly take one of their superstars, LDU, Larkey, Wardlaw, Sheezel off their hands if they're not willing to appreciate them & be proud of how they played instead of banging on about one umpiring decision.
I'd happily have all 4 of those.

Conveniently overlooking the non 50 for Wardlaw being in the prohibited zone which would have seen Bobby Hill having a shot for goal.

I personally think the AFL would really love a Collingwood/Carlton final.

North beating Pies wasn't on the AFLs bingo card and they panicked.

Pies are now top 4 and will regain players from injury making that a match up a possibility.

The AFL would have loved to see North defeat Collingwood …

… that’s why they’ve given North a kazillion first round picks. It would have been a big story, and the AFL love big stories.

14-4 free kicks against the reigning premier many of which were free kick shots for goal.
How do you know what would have happened if Phillips stayed on Nick? You don't. But we all saw what happened when he was taken off him.

The umps gave us momentum? Don't be ridiculous mate. The coach gave the boys a spray at 3qtr time & made half a dozen changes to our set up & we overcame a 54 point deficit.

Be proud of how your team almost ran a game out. You have some great young players, but they simply ran out of gas in the last. I hope they're not stewing over one umpiring decision or they'll stay down the bottom of the ladder for a lot longer with that mindset.

You wouldn't be whinging about any umpiring decisions if Zac Fisher kicked a goal instead of a point..

Push in the back was there and momentum took him into the fence.

14-4 free kicks for whole 2nd half
Including a rather soft and whistle happy 50m pen and goal to Daicos.
It was 10-10 at half time.
I had a magnificent afternoon yesterday.

How did yours go?

I could send you some videos of my afternoon to cheer you up if you’d like?

umpire blows his whistle and 2 pies run 5 m over the mark. how isn't that time wasting and 50?

the stand part is also irrelevant. they ran past the mark.
The whistle could have been for a totally different reason. The umpire did not call stand or play-on,

Jeez you should be celebrating 2 1/2 quarters of fantastic footy from your boys and some positive signs for the future along with some things to work on. You almost won and let’s face it the difference between 16th or 18th is not all that significant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back