Preview Round 16, 2024: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles, 30 June 2024 (Sun), 4:40pm @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Finn can shut down Reid, or at least curb his influence, that takes us quite a ways towards winning.
Reid is a good young player but if we didn't bother using Finn to tag Neale, Dawson or Bontempelli I don't think we're going into this game overly threatened by him. We'd back our mids against any at this point.

Does the sub have to come from the extended bench? Morrison straight into the starting lineup means he somehow gets a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL rules are you must be injured if you are removed from the starting 18.
With the final 23 named, you can only be removed if you are injured.
With a 26 man squad named for a Sunday game, that isn’t the case. Earlier this year both Ramsden and Gunners were in the starting 18 on Thursday but omitted on Friday evening when final teams were announced.

I thought that the on-field sections were the locks with the interchange the variables… Is this incorrect?
Only for the final 23 man squad. With a 26 man squad, that isn’t the case. Max Ramsden earlier this year was omitted on Friday after being named on Thursday night in the starting 18 to play the Sunday game.

Does the sub have to come from the extended bench? Morrison straight into the starting lineup means he somehow gets a game
Somehow?
Sure, he's vanilla, but he's also the most versatile player on our list. Goes where needed without fuss and does the role asked of him.
He's also getting 30 a week in the 2nds.

I guess with so many whipping boys departing over the last few years, there had to be someone take the mantle

That's quite impressive, especially given he hasn't gotten 40 disposals once all season.
benedict cumberbatch sherlock GIF by BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back