Round 16 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Sunday 10th July 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond might have been abysmal but you don't win as convincingly as we did (our highest ever score against the Tigers) without the players being on.

We let ourselves down last week against the Tigers and we responded in the best possible way, early goals crushing any hope the opposition might have had.

thankyou, thankyou,thankyou,thankyou

why cant we say it ?

we won, they did not lose, THEY DID NOT LOSE, we won, im pretty excited.

I recall defending Robinson only last year on the main board, when some were suggesting him to be the worst footballer in the league.
The pre-season told me that some will have egg on their faces and so it has proved to be.

I don't know how long Robbo's fuse will last and he may well crash and burn, but whichever way history treats him, his flame will last for some time at the CFC.
Tempted to start a kudos thread re: Robinson on the main board but for the fact it'd be shot down as gratuitous. Still a few out there who pay him out but the boy's making believers of the haters week by week at present. :thumbsu:

Gonna be interesting whether Aussie or Bower put their hand up for selection through the Ants tomorrow. I could make a case for White, Tuohy and Hoops to make way for Bower/Austin, Duigan, Curnow.

On a side note. Saw Curnow wearing a flanallette shirt over his CFC suit, dead set looked homeless. Delist.

Gonna be interesting whether Aussie or Bower put their hand up for selection through the Ants tomorrow. I could make a case for White, Tuohy and Hoops to make way for Bower/Austin, Duigan, Curnow.
I thought Hoops was effective during his time on the field. White and Tuohy were average. If someone wants to step up, the spot is theirs.

I thought Hoops was effective during his time on the field. White and Tuohy were average. If someone wants to step up, the spot is theirs.

Couldn't agree more. Hoops needs to be kept in the side for the defensive job he is about to get in two weeks on shaw. Can't wait for that matchup.

Tuohy is starting to feel it, and a spell in the 2s may do him a world of good. I'd like to see him put his body on the line more often. Seems to shirk away from the contest at times when it's his time to go.

Whit on the other hand annoys me. He is not a very smart footballer, doesn't play the percentages, makes stupid decisions, and his disposal is a little suspect. Here's to hoping Bowser can step up today.

Reckon every Carlton supporter looked like
grin.png
30 seconds into the game. Didn't take long for Robinson to vindicate those of us blaming the loss on his absence. :eek:
when TBird drifted down and kicked a goal Hardwick started hoping the Richmond board room was looking for his replacement

I'd like the match committee to come out this week and admit they made a knee-jerk mistake.

Out: White.
In: Austin.

Aussie was scapegoated for the WCE loss and replaced by a 'name player' in White. Any injury sustained aside, White wasn't ready to return to AFL. Consequently he played 'bruise free' football at both ends for 3 quarters.

I'd like the match committee to come out this week and admit they made a knee-jerk mistake.

Aussie was scapegoated for the WCE loss and replaced by a 'name player' in White. Any injury sustained aside, White wasn't ready to return to AFL. Consequently he played 'bruise free' football at both ends for 3 quarters.
White maybe considered a long term prospect whereas Austin really needs to make or break it. I guess it comes down to what the MC wants to do. Not many would have thought midway thru the season our backline would include TBird and Hendo so I guess we are really playing with a temporary unit and trying to make the best out of circumstances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen much from Austin this year to warrant him another game anytime soon.

match-ups? Austin was touted as a 'swingman'. Meaning if he doesn't play on Grant or Jones he could be used as a defensive forward on Markovic, Williams or Morris. WB play rather tall.

The real question is a fully fit Austin on his last chance a better bet than an out-of-sorts Bower or White? On yesterday's results...

I was arguing for Austin to be given at least a couple more weeks to impress before we officially cull him. But as Guns says, the MC obviously have other ideas.

Apparently White has done his hammy according to AFL Game Day, even if he was right to play I can't see what role we need him for if Henderson is staying in defence alongside Thornton and Laidler. He'll probably go out for Duigan, Curnow or someone who stakes a claim for the Bullants today.
when Duigs and Curnow are back, plus Jamo and lets hope Bower wakes up will there be space for Hendo as a back? If not will there be space for him up fwd? All of a sudden he seems like Carlos: usefull to fill a gap when required but battling to get into the best 22. I certainly think he will get there but he certainly has some work to do. Nice to be blessed with talent on our list again

I haven't seen much from Austin this year to warrant him another game anytime soon.

:confused: He was good enough to be selected 2 weeks ago and an emergency each other week.

White's game yesterday did nothing to "warrant him another game anytime soon", either. :( Bower has struggled for form and when promoted only given a quarter. Watson won't be a solution 'til 2013.

I stand by my judgement that replacing Austin with White was a knee-jerk reaction. A revolving door of 3rd talls isn't going to help us beat Collingwood or Hawthorn come finals time.

:confused: He was good enough to be selected 2 weeks ago and an emergency each other week.

White's game yesterday did nothing to "warrant him another game anytime soon", either. :( Bower has struggled for form and when promoted only given a quarter. Watson won't be a solution 'til 2013.

I stand by my judgement that replacing Austin with White was a knee-jerk reaction. A revolving door of 3rd talls isn't going to help us beat Collingwood or Hawthorn come finals time.

Good enough or just the club tossing him in for a last effort to see if he has anything? Go watch some Bullants, he struggles.

That's the trick, isn't it Thy?
Unless you dedicate time to watch the Ants, it is somewhat just guesswork rolling over names.

As much as I like Lucas, I'd fall over backwards to see him selected on the form he has displayed recently back there.
will turn the corner today and amaze with dash and skill

well that is the story I am going with

did I mention he is wablues own Kane Lucas?

Massive game for us, the Hawks taking on the filth tomorrow and West Coast playing Geelong next week, great chance for us to move ahead of the pack.

Will Duigan be back?

lets hope collingwood wins to keep us 3rd :) we dont want the Dawks to jump us we should beat the dogggies

Not sure why you would bring Curnow straight in.

He was brought straight in for McLean the first time as his previous form had been brilliant, his recent form however has just been ok/decent.

Reckon it would be a kick in the guts for a few of our guys in the Bullants if he isn't made to earn a promotion - something he actually hasn't had to do once yet.

As others have said danger game for us, they really dismantled us last year at Etihad. One thing I remember distinctly about last years game was how they played Brian Lake forward for 2 minutes and then for the remainder of the game he sat in the hole and took uncontested marks all day. The Dogs' line up on Friday night was probably one of their best all year and no doubt they'll bring in Lake. So I think the key to winning this game is to make sure we're able to be effective with our ball usage inside 50, and if we bring the same intensity and attack on the footy we had yesterday the result should take care of its self.

In: Duigan
Out: White (inj)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 16 - Carlton v Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Sunday 10th July 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back