Review Round 17, 2024 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I really liked Lachie Jones' game. Big improvement.

Really straight lined the ball and hit targets when he won it. Even went for a couple of charges upfield. Nobody likes getting in his way.

Begs the question... what do you do with Esava now?
SANFL

He & Dixon throw the balance out at either end so back to the Magpies they go.

Rioli for Francis Evans is the only change I’d be making for the foreseeable future.

Logan Evans has made Burton redundant, Sweet has Soldo covered, Sinn is a list-clogger and depth at best.

Time to bed down a 23 and see what they can achieve for the rest of the year.

I really liked his contested mark but like I have said previously a lot of his kicks resulted in the ball coming back the other way.

He had 75% DE today so it wouldn't be a lot of his kicks. But yes, he missed a couple of targets today.

He has a good flat quick drop punt, which will become a weapon as he gets experience.

Remember he's only 18, was picked up in the mid-season draft and has missed a few sanfl games this year with injury.

There's a lot of development to come.

He plays with a bit of emotion, hates making mistakes, so he will work hard on self-improvement.

Getting some Ben Hart vibes with Evans

93755b74a49ec915a61d59d821608243.jpg

As much as I want Hinkley out, I don’t want our players ruined by hammerings.
Rozee and Georgiadas showing their class is good for our medium and long term even if it hurts our short term.

Last edited:
I was a little disappointed in Ollie Lord appearing to allow himself to be so easily intimidated when Lobb was grabbing the front of his jumper and swinging him around like a rag doll at times in the first half.

As I mentioned in another post I was doing a fair bit of channel surfing ( particularly in the 2nd half ) so Ollie may have squared up after half time, but Lobb has never been known as a genuinely hard at it type and Lord is going to come across much tougher oppo than him, particularly in finals, whether that be this season or in future seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a little disappointed in Ollie Lord appearing to allow himself to be so easily intimidated when Lobb was grabbing the front of his jumper and swinging him around like a rag doll at times in the first half.

As I mentioned in another post I was doing a fair bit of channel surfing ( particularly in the 2nd half ) so Ollie may have squared up after half time, but Lobb has never been known as a genuinely hard at it type and Lord is going to come across much tougher oppo than him, particularly in finals, whether that be this season or in future seasons.

Was bugger all in it, was hanging on like a bitch was all. You don’t wanna give away 50’s for that. He was far from rag dolled.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He had 75% DE today so it wouldn't be a lot of his kicks. But yes, he missed a couple of targets today.

He has a good flat quick drop punt, which will become a weapon as he gets experience.

Remember he's only 18, was picked up in the mid-season draft and has missed a few sanfl games this year with injury.

There's a lot of development to come.

He plays with a bit of emotion, hates making mistakes, so he will work hard on self-improvement.
maybe I'm looking for it, but we have worse than him in our squad.

Just watched the first quarter. Where the **** has this been?

I'm thinking in one of the bottles you uncorked this afternoon ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back