Preview Round 18, 2018: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIES MATCH 3*, Etihad Stadium, Friday 20th July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 36 35.6%
  • Tigers

Votes: 65 64.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see the Paul Dempsey 'You'll Never Walk Alone' into we are doing for this game? Would be awesome if we could get it up and going each game day and set it up like Ports Never Tear Us Apart!
Great band, great song, shit association.

**** Loserpewl.

Two votes for "Dare drink it through" then.

Any alternative suggestions for pre-match atmosphere?
I don't think they ever work if they're forced.

I went through many years of the Arsenal trying to get eh Wonder of You going - complete fail, but they're still trying.

Saints tried with the knock knock - complete fail

I could imagine We Will Rock You by Queen being great if it worked - everyone having a stomp while they were at it. Can't think of anyone using that one but I bet someone does.

I don't think they ever work if they're forced.

I went through many years of the Arsenal trying to get eh Wonder of You going - complete fail, but they're still trying.

Saints tried with the knock knock - complete fail

I could imagine We Will Rock You by Queen being great if it worked - everyone having a stomp while they were at it. Can't think of anyone using that one but I bet someone does.
Lol the knock knock thing was embarrassing, it's all about those blokes at Aisle 29 with the chants for players after they kick a goal haha

Lol the knock knock thing was embarrassing, it's all about those blokes at Aisle 29 with the chants for players after they kick a goal haha

'Those blokes' at Aisle 29 are WAAAAAAAY better than our entire Cheer Squad.

The 'Saint Kiiiiilda' dull chant they dish out half assed is the pits.

At least the blokes on 29 have some wit about them...

Out: Webster (inj), Clark
In: Ross, Battle
FB: Geary - Carlisle - Rice
HB: Savage - Gilbert - McKenzie
C: Sinclair - Steele - Phillips
HF: Billings - Battle - Gresham
FF: Weller - Marshall - Membrey
R: Hickey - Armitage - Steven
I: Ross - Dunstan - Newnes - Lonie
Emg: Acres, Paton, Goddard, Clark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?
If we aren't going to debut Freeman because of a 5 day break why in the world would we do the same for Acres? Especially when he is coming back from groin issues?

He is a far better player than most in our team and is a automatic selection.

Looking forward to a minor melt once the team is announced. Ross for Clark (rested), Battle for Lonie or Mav and Acres for an injured Jimmy would be my go.

Acres not a HBF obv. but Newnes and Seb can rotate through that role.

He is a far better player than most in our team and is a automatic selection.

Will have to disagree.
Still has many facets to his game that he still needs to work on. Especially defensive running.
He was has potential. Needs to be consistent.
And again with no finals you want to rush a guy in after a 5 day break with groin issues.

Would think 1 more change and that would be it really.
Someone in to replace Webster.
When do Sandy play this week?
Will be interesting selections this week since it won't be "like for like" Most likely changes are

Ross for Webster

Battle for Clark

What happens then - who knows. I think they will give Acres one more week.

Only real possibilities if they want to make additional changes would come from Phillips Rice and/or Lonie.

You'd think Paton would next on the list and you could argue he could play hbf/w/hff so that puts him ahead of Freeman in my book.

I'd like to see Paton play but not sure they would drop either of Phillips or Rice so perhaps Paton for Lonie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back