Preview Round 18, 2018: St.Kilda v Richmond *MADDIES MATCH 3*, Etihad Stadium, Friday 20th July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 36 35.6%
  • Tigers

Votes: 65 64.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity...

Why is it acceptable to make derogatory remarks about coach and players, yet unacceptable to make a similar comment towards a poster who made the derogatory comment in the first instance?
It's not acceptable. I said as much in the Sack Richo thread yet everyone wanted that thread kept open to not let it spill onto the rest of the board. I don't agree with that.

It's not acceptable. I said as much in the Sack Richo thread yet everyone wanted that thread kept open to not let it spill onto the rest of the board. I don't agree with that.
Not just Richo.

There's double standards here.

It's basically OK to abuse people anonymously online, as long as it isn't another poster.

Not having a go at you BTW. Mids do a great job. Suck suck...

Not just Richo.

It's basically OK to abuse people anonymously online, as long as it isn't another poster.

Lol. I know what you mean. And you know I've helped you out with this kind of thing before.

I think you've got to take the posters history on the board into consideration when making those calls. As an example if Poster A has 0 warnings in 5 years and Poster B has 15 warnings in 5 years then the outcome may be different given what that poster has been warned about in the past and if the behaviour is reoccurring. We look at all that stuff before we make those calls. And if you think something is unfair PM me or the other mods.

We had to make a call on that Richo thread (and other times where the same kind of situations arise). There's 5000 posts in it. People are pissed off with the current state of affairs this year (myself included) and some want to let out their frustrations regardless of how dramatic it may seem. So seeing as the negativity about the season is inevitably going to be spoken about, should we A) Keep it all in one thread or B) Let it spill out everywhere. It's definitely not on to make derogatory comments about anyone at the club but so we've done the best we could in a crap situation. And same can be said for other instances on here too.

Just wish the back and forth would stop. At least avoid it where we can. Posters wanting to cancel their accounts because of some of the behaviour on here isn't what we want.

Anyway just PM me if you want to discuss it further, happy to chat mate.

Lets get back to thrashing the Tigers on Friday night :thumbsu:

I ask everyone on here to go to the saints website and watch the video called meet Russell Barnes. My best mate who I have know for 56 years and listen him talk about the most courageous person I have ever met his daughter Jane and then give as much money as you can or donate blood. Please do it. It’s great vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ask everyone on here to go to the saints website and watch the video called meet Russell Barnes. My best mate who I have know for 56 years and listen him talk about the most courageous person I have ever met his daughter Jane and then give as much money as you can or donate blood. Please do it. It’s great vision.

Her boyfriend was a mate of mine in primary school. Had no clue until I watched the video. Great video you're right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wilko? Michael janes brother captains St Bedes where jimmy sziller plays. Small world.

Yeah James. Was a year above me. We both went to same school as Cal Twomey who is a reporter for the AFL. We all played school football/cricket together. Small world indeed!

On this board, posting this vid is obvious, shallow like bait. It's almost tawdry how effectively it'll get likes, from all and sundry.

... Clever bugger...

;)

I should have put it up earlier in the week lol.

Go Saints

Lol. I know what you mean. And you know I've helped you out with this kind of thing before.

I think you've got to take the posters history on the board into consideration when making those calls. As an example if Poster A has 0 warnings in 5 years and Poster B has 15 warnings in 5 years then the outcome may be different given what that poster has been warned about in the past and if the behaviour is reoccurring. We look at all that stuff before we make those calls. And if you think something is unfair PM me or the other mods.

We had to make a call on that Richo thread (and other times where the same kind of situations arise). There's 5000 posts in it. People are pissed off with the current state of affairs this year (myself included) and some want to let out their frustrations regardless of how dramatic it may seem. So seeing as the negativity about the season is inevitably going to be spoken about, should we A) Keep it all in one thread or B) Let it spill out everywhere. It's definitely not on to make derogatory comments about anyone at the club but so we've done the best we could in a crap situation. And same can be said for other instances on here too.

Just wish the back and forth would stop. At least avoid it where we can. Posters wanting to cancel their accounts because of some of the behaviour on here isn't what we want.

Anyway just PM me if you want to discuss it further, happy to chat mate.

Lets get back to thrashing the Tigers on Friday night :thumbsu:
I missed whatever happened. Is all our slagging off of David King safe and backed up somewhere secure? That thread has so much more to give.

I missed whatever happened. Is all our slagging off of David King safe and backed up somewhere secure? That thread has so much more to give.
We whole heartedly endorse any David King slagging.

What about his form last season?

Like the guy who last year rucked as a back up and was still only .6 and .5 of a goal less than Tom Hawkins and Taylor Walker? His terrible form was exaggerated. he averaged one goal a week less than Joe Daniher who was the up and coming form forward of the comp last year. Tall forwards are finding it harder and harder to kick big scores it's not just him.

Yeah James. Was a year above me. We both went to same school as Cal Twomey who is a reporter for the AFL. We all played school football/cricket together. Small world indeed!
I played cricket with Cal in the junior days too! I should try and get some goss off him in the lead up to this draft even though I doubt we'll have many high selections! Anyway got an odd feeling we'll do alright in this game. Riewoldt, in a video, seemed to think most of the players are in pretty good head space which is a good sign.

To the mods. Why are some jokes allowed on here, but others are deleted, especially when they are just what they are, a bit of fun.

Do you only want dry conversation only now?

All fun deleted and carded?

The Saints Board is for all Saints supporters, black, white, other, male, female, genderless, straight, gay, asexual, right wing, left wing, centre, religious, atheist, adult, child, sensitive, robust. ALL People. We try and make this place as welcoming as is possible given our circumstances.

The moderators are not humourless automatons - we are overtly patriotic to the Saints, prone to the same depths of passion as everyone else, and while we might find something funny under controlled circumstances, we have to make sure that the more offensive bits are removed because our audience isn't just 53 yo CIS gender white men. What we write here might be here for a long time, who knows who might read it. It is possible your great granddaughter might quote pages from this very forum in her sociology midterm paper on how much society has evolved since this primitive early twenty first century Neanderthal era. She might already have three wives and a husband or two and be well adjusted enough to handle that. But we are not. We are not well adjusted, we are not well behaved and we need good people like George, A2R and Cooksen to watch over us and hide our most embarrassing juvenile behaviour. To save us from ourselves.

Just out of curiosity...

Why is it acceptable to make derogatory remarks about coach and players, yet unacceptable to make a similar comment towards a poster who made the derogatory comment in the first instance?
It is not acceptable to make derogatory remarks about coaches and players. We allow a lot of leeway in the live match threads because we all can let our emotion take the steering wheel during these times and we make allowances for it. We don't want anyone to make derogatory remarks about coaches and players in the cold light of discussion threads. This doesn't mean you cannot say negative things about them, just don't overdo it. Exaggeration is unnecessary when you are making a evidence-based argument. Just tell us how it is.

It is never acceptable to make derogatory remarks about a fellow poster.

If a poster writes something disparaging that you don't like - attack his/her post, not the poster, and if what is said is so egregious or offensive that you feel compelled to react - then report it and let the moderators handle it.

Just try and make this the sort of forum you would want to visit with you grandson - don't attack people, don't argue forever, don't post offensive jokes or images,

talk with passion and share your wonderful knowledge and give us your unique point of view

Not just Richo.

Which is more annoying - having to read through a load of posters crapping on each other or not being able to read through a load of posters crapping on each other, but knowing that they did?

Yes mate he’s my cousin. I just get upset when people abuse him.

Folks are just disappointed that Paddy isn't that superstar that we all crave for atm. Billings cops it for the same reason, expectation.
for what its worth, I think Paddy will do fine.

pretty sure Pluger66 has them all photographed and cataloged

I played cricket with Cal in the junior days too! I should try and get some goss off him in the lead up to this draft even though I doubt we'll have many high selections! Anyway got an odd feeling we'll do alright in this game. Riewoldt, in a video, seemed to think most of the players are in pretty good head space which is a good sign.
Washington Park?

Folks are just disappointed that Paddy isn't that superstar that we all crave for atm. Billings cops it for the same reason, expectation.
for what its worth, I think Paddy will do fine.
Thing is, he only needs one game of kicking straight to really cement himself. So far he is averaging like 5 shots on goal per game, problem is he is missing the majority of shots still (like most of the team really). Its a massive shame he wasnt ableto play vs carlton as he would have had probably twice that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back