Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm so up and about. That is an incredible performance in the wet.
Green shoot everywhere. This is gonna be one hell of a ride!!
And this bloke. The ceiling is something else:
View attachment 2053927
Club have an auction at the moment for the First Nations guernseys. Watson is #2 in the bidding (the captain #1). I reckon he will be the most loved player since Cyril by hawks fans.

Sam sucks at tanking...

He does

To be fair, I was giving him credit for knowing what he was doing

I guess I wasn’t giving him enough credit

We are slowly gaining percentage also so if we keep winning we may get higher than we think.
4 of our last 5 games against teams we've already beaten. And 3 of them we beat well. If we play like we did today we beat all of north, Richmond and Adelaide by 100.

We have every chance to make it now, giants and Carlton the big challenges. Not too concerned about Adelaide next week. Banged up and injured and really showed very little transition defence (which is how we beat them last time) and we will stop won't let them go forward so quickly like Essendon did.

We needed that Port game. Against St. Kilda we went ultra defensive in the last, and almost lost it without scoring. That loss has prevented us from going into our shells and is the reason we beat quality opponents like the Lions, Dogs, GWS, and Freo when they challenged.

Would like the Collingwood game in round 4 back though.
I was absolutely filthy at the time, but reflecting on it now I truly feel it was a lesson we needed to learn and are much better for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve got to learn that I can’t control the future and get off the damn ladder predictor, it’s doing my head in!
I got to let you in on a secret mate, since round 5 I've been smashing wins into that thing and the results keep coming up, even put a few losses in to test it. It's like magic or something.

Incredible game and great turn out by Hawks fans today. I reckon we outnumbered them for a change. Hard to tell as Pies fans had little to make noise about.

Have to hand it to Ginnivan, I was one of the people who knew we’d got a steal when we got him, but I didn’t know he’d be capable of a game like that in the wet and with a target on his back. Looks to be the hero and victor of the Ginnivan v McRae/Collingwood narrative.

Many have mentioned Nash's game and I just want to add to the chorus. He's been huge all year and I love the man.

Throw the money at him and get him signed up!
Have a feeling we’re gonna get some announcements this week on Nashy and Meeky

WTF was the cameraman doing running out onto the field after Ginnivan's second goal?

I just realised he must have gone out onto the field to get the close-ups of him. That's the first time I can remember it happening.
Fox do it every once and a while. I think for "big games".
Been doing for last couple of seasons if I'm not wrong.

Just got home....what a day!!

Better than sex - that was so good to watch - the small forwards are so exciting...

So much effort for each other from nearly everyone.

I think I'll be watching that game again in the future.
eddie murphy GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back