Autopsy Round 19 Richmond vs GWS - Roast, Toast & Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Make light of it if you like but those of us with kids will be thinking twice before sitting in front of the telly interstate and watching a Richmond game with my 6 year old.

(Son) Why did he do that?
(Me) Because he's a gutless idiot son.

I'll personally be letting the club know my thoughts about it and it will cost them $.

It was the most gutless, weak, dog act have seen for some time. Completely indefensible. Those that defend that are complete morons.

If you want to talk about the parenting of it, for me it's parenting a sports mad 12 year old tomboy. I didn't watch the game with her but my take in response to your son's question is he lost his temper and when people lose their tempers there is consequences. In this case, consequences for Conca and for the team. And hopefully we could talk in an age appropriate way about what to do instead when you feel like you're about to lose your temper and why it matters. But, he's your kid and you do it differently.

Regarding the costing them $, I presume at this point you are talking about cancelling memberships. Well, if you and your son refuse to have anything to do with any organisation that has individuals that breach the rules, good luck with finding a bank, school, insurance company, church, political party, local footy club or pub.

I thought Lake's choke hold was far worse and Judd's chicken wing / eye gouging also worse.

I am not condoning Conca's hit. Like I said above, consequences. I disagree with you on the seriousness of it.

Make light of it if you like but those of us with kids will be thinking twice before sitting in front of the telly interstate and watching a Richmond game with my 6 year old.

(Son) Why did he do that?
(Me) Because he's a gutless idiot son.

I'll personally be letting the club know my thoughts about it and it will cost them $.

It was the most gutless, weak, dog act have seen for some time. Completely indefensible. Those that defend that are complete morons.

I can fully concede that it didn't look great, but I honestly don't think Conca was aiming for the back of the head.

To me it just seemed like he wanted to give the guy who'd just been rag-dolling him and ripping his jumper off about 30 seconds earlier, a little clip of an elbow into his back as he went past him for a spell, as a bit of a reminder that he was there and wouldn't stand down. You see that kind of niggle all the time off the ball, and nobody bats an eyelid.

The issue is, he went a bit higher than intended and got the GWS guy in the back of the head, which makes it seem infinitely worse than what it actually is. From the footage I saw, Conca was not aiming for the head at all, but the upper back, and unfortunately he's misdirected the hit and it's gone higher than intended.

So whilst I won't completely defend it, because ultimately the action speaks for itself and the mistake was made, I don't think Conca is a "gutless idiot" either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

About Conca. Seen it heaps of times over the season when a player has had a crack at the opposition at the interchange. Often from behind. Think the Vickery thing has everyone on high alert. Commentators really played it up. A cheap shot? Yep and there is a line out the door at the $2 shop. Those calling it a dog act are taking it a bit too far.
Conca will do his time.

And you were six at the time?

FFS this hit was such a non hit, Fred Cook would be cracking up at this high level of footy violence

I was older than 6 at the time; the type of the hit not the force of the hit and try not to be so condescending

My favorite player is Royce Hart as I saw him playing in the 60's and 70's.

Would you rather Deledio, Martin or Cotchin be dominant? If you had to choose one, and why?

One of Martin or Deledio. They both run with the ball, have beautiful, penetrating kicks, and they're both goal kickers.

I'm certainly not complaining about Deledio's forum right now! He's one of the best players in the comp when he gets off the chain.

I listened to 2 minutes of the GWS game on MMM in the car. Those massive flogs were barracking so hard for GWS and so I turned it off. Wrapped North lost for JB, and now just can't wait for Melbourne to get smashed by the Bears at the dome with about 5,000 people there, just for you Gazz.

Glad Conca hit the prick. Yet again we should have been paid a free for him being dumped behind play but if we have to take it into our own hands then so be it. As long as it's the replaceable guys doing it then who gives a ****.

Unless it Hails Next week Thomas shouldn't play. Seriously sloooooooooooooooow.

yes, and he cannot bloody kick (reason Port got rid of him). He turns it over, and results in lack of confidence and having then kicking backwards and wide to find a free player.

What a difference players with really elite foot skills make. Dusty and JR I think are our best. They made a difference yesterday a different times, cut through defences of the Giants

If only we had two JRs and he was able to kick to himself, he'd have a lot more goals..
probably crack a ton

One of Martin or Deledio. They both run with the ball, have beautiful, penetrating kicks, and they're both goal kickers.

I'm certainly not complaining about Deledio's forum right now! He's one of the best players in the comp when he gets off the chain.

good point, if he gets off the tag. He's not as good at getting away from taggers as Cotchin or Martin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19 Richmond vs GWS - Roast, Toast & Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back