Autopsy Round 20, 2023 : Hawks stunned by Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Way too early to make that call. To be fair, Weddle would be going at <6 anyway if going by performances.
I’m not saying Frenchie won’t become a good player who justifies his high pick but right now if the 2023 draft was redone, he is not going number 6. Every rising star nomination from that intake is ahead of him for a start. His best game might well have been his first, I think. Ward started slowly last year but came good near the end of the season; Frenchie really hasn’t influenced a game yet.

He can do it at BHH. He's not ready to do it at AFL level.

It showed today. We went from being one of the best centre clearance sides to getting smacked by a bog average Saints outfit.
Today proved-

We must play two KPD so Sicily is loose.
We need to play a second KPF (Ryan was promising) as it makes Lewis and Breust more dangerous.
Reeves tapwork in the centre is important
We need some forwards to tackle.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
This

Im not reading too much into this game for a few reasons despite the poor 1st quarter

- our form is like a yo-yo. Lets see how much we can close that gap over another pre season and more games
The positive is our best is very good despite defencies on the list
  • its a long season now in the back end and we have played pretty much the youngest side week in week out. Tiredness and fatigue are an expected factor
  • people questioning selecting for games and in game . We are playing the long game here. There will be an element of finding out who can do what , what dynamic works and in the end who is on our list .

Ryan is a persist with . Wont add much pressure but he looks like he troubles his opponants and our fwd structure looked good with him .

Today changes nothing for me. We just need games and will be past the Saints within a season . Very confident of that .

It’s not about winning “today” though.
We need to have an eye on the future, it’s tough losing most weeks but these are the type of moves we need to make if we are to compete.
We know the combo of Worps, Duke, Nash and Day works so why not try and add another to that group?

There's a few more that I'd have in line for CBA's before Mackenzie anyway.

The kid just isn't ready for it. He did a lot better when he's outside.

Garbage start and end to the game.

You are never going to win games conceding 14.5 across two individual quarters.

Hopefully we don't have to see Frost and Bramble play in the senior side ever again.

Frost & Bramble should go out, replace them with Scrimshaw & Serong.

Not a lot of heat on impey.
Very basic errors today, and has been less than great all season outside a 3 game burst where he looked to be back to his pre-injury best
Has lost a yard of pace also.
Yes he was awful today. But you are underselling his season to date.

I’m not saying Frenchie won’t become a good player who justifies his high pick but right now if the 2023 draft was redone, he is not going number 6. Every rising star nomination from that intake is ahead of him for a start. His best game might well have been his first, I think. Ward started slowly last year but came good near the end of the season; Frenchie really hasn’t influenced a game yet.

Why would anyone redo the draft midway through their first season though. Tsatas went at pick 5 and hasn’t cracked a game yet so I presume he would go undrafted on evidence to date.

Frenchie is going ok, getting exposure and has shown good signs in his first year. Looks every bit a 200+ game player in the making IMO.

I’ve said it 50 times so I will make it 51.

Frost was axed from two clubs on the bottom because of his errors yet we continue to play him and everyone gets on here and says he is not our biggest problem.

Of course he is not the Lone Ranger but when you see the opposition laughing and the commentators making crude jokes about him then you know it’s time for a change.

How DGB cannot get a game in front of him while we are third bottom is beyond a
Joke.

Also Blanck should start every single week without fail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we were not goalless is any of the quarters - an improvement over some of the heavy losses.

Game lacked atmosphere with a low attendance of 22k.

Meek had a much better game after quarter time.

Frenchy should have a longer stint at BH and so should Bramble - so many forays were blunted by poor disposal. Hang on to the ball a bit longer ,even take a bounce and survey options before just punting forward.

Great outing by Bruest. Lewis was ok and Chad - what a menace he was.

Just shows all you need to do is tag Sicily and our backline goes to s**t.

Need a plan B. Maybe shift him to a wing.

Very happy with Ryan on debut.

Breust is a freak.

Worried about how ugly next week could get now.
You know what would be a good plan B, having Scrimshaw in there so we still have an interceptor.

I’ve said it 50 times so I will make it 51.

Frost was axed from two clubs on the bottom because of his errors yet we continue to play him and everyone gets on here and says he is not our biggest problem.

Of course he is not the Lone Ranger but when you see the opposition laughing and the commentators making crude jokes about him then you know it’s time for a change.

How DGB cannot get a game in front of him while we are third bottom is beyond a
Joke.

Also Blanck should start every single week without fail.

His win percentage would be up there with the worst of the last 20 years.

As soon as GWS and Melbourne showed a small sign of improvement he was shipped off.

I thought Worps had a red hot crack and put his head over it all day, cannot question his endeavor, one of the few along with Wingard.
What I like most about Worps season is that he has had a red hot crack every single game.

Newk and Day have had very good yeats are more gifted but Worps has probably had a more consistent season than both of them.

Reckon he is a sneaky chance at another PCM because of this.

Bramble not up to AFL Level

Frost doing Frost things. How his in the leadership group is bewildering.

The Chad has earned himself a new contract. Was one of the few whose disposals were quality

Bruest is a club great. What more can you say.

Unfortunately the younger brigade Ward, CMAC, Weddle, Frenchie n co look tired

With 4 games to go love to see Jeka given a crack along with Stephens before the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20, 2023 : Hawks stunned by Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back