Remove this Banner Ad

Chad since coming back has been great.

18 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 4 score involvements
16 disposals, 2 goals, 7 score involvements
18 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles, 6 score involvements
17 disposals, 4 marks, 3 goals, 5 tackles, 9 score involvements
26 disposals, 7 marks, 2 goals, 5 tackles, 10 score involvements

As I said better trade commodity!
Chad is not part of our future moving forward there is no value to resigning him when we have Butler ,O’Sullivan and Bennetts at Box Hill they need more exposure at senior football.
As proven when Jaegar, Tom and Gunners left green shoots have prospered and need to be cutting the dead wood so we as a club can flourish !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the positional selections was to fast track the rebuild.
Players need a second position.
Day has defence (and starting to learn forward), newcombe has proven he is a capable forward (although not played there often).
Finn has moved from a midfield stopper to a defensive forward role
Nash doesn't seem to be up to playing forward, so needs a new position - wing
So you honestly think Sam was experimenting. Hmmm...

I’ve said it 50 times so I will make it 51.

Frost was axed from two clubs on the bottom because of his errors yet we continue to play him and everyone gets on here and says he is not our biggest problem.

Of course he is not the Lone Ranger but when you see the opposition laughing and the commentators making crude jokes about him then you know it’s time for a change.

How DGB cannot get a game in front of him while we are third bottom is beyond a
Joke.

Also Blanck should start every single week without fail.

We won't do it, but I'd love to see a back 6 of Hardwick, Blanck, DGB, Scrimshaw, Sicily and Weddle, with Impey as the 7th rotation.

Would give Seamus a rest for the final month, knowing he's best 22 next season.
Would get a good look at DGB and also allow us to see how Sicily and Scrimshaw play with Blanck locking down. Let Denver play as a hybrid lock/down interceptor which I assume is what we've wanted him to be since he was drafted.

Chad since coming back has been great.

18 disposals, 5 marks, 4 tackles, 4 score involvements
16 disposals, 2 goals, 7 score involvements
18 disposals, 6 marks, 4 tackles, 6 score involvements
17 disposals, 4 marks, 3 goals, 5 tackles, 9 score involvements
26 disposals, 7 marks, 2 goals, 5 tackles, 10 score involvements

I hope wiser heads prevail because he's been at the club for a long time now. The idea that a handful of good game at the end of his contract year earns him another contract is a bit ho hum. Need to look at what he's delivered for the entire period he's been at HFC.

Too many of our forwards wait down the line for the long 50/50 kick. Chad showed the boys how it's done at half time with some long leads. Need to get Lewis on his bike playing genuine CHF and find a FF. Maybe Sticks could be the one.

Not worried about the negatives, just getting excited for next year, their a few plays where you can see the glimpse of the kids playing like seniors.

I would love to see a player cam of weddle running, players don’t / can’t go near him when his on the move

As I said better trade commodity!
Chad is not part of our future moving forward there is no value to resigning him when we have Butler ,O’Sullivan and Bennetts at Box Hill they need more exposure at senior football.
As proven when Jaegar, Tom and Gunners left green shoots have prospered and need to be cutting the dead wood so we as a club can flourish !

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
By that logic, we should move Breust on as well. Butler, JOS and Bennetts aren't there yet.

And what second/third tall forward has prospered from Gunston leaving?

I hope wiser heads prevail because he's been at the club for a long time now. The idea that a handful of good game at the end of his contract year earns him another contract is a bit ho hum. Need to look at what he's delivered for the entire period he's been at HFC.
He's still a very good player and injury has been his biggest downfall. He would absolutely be on a lot less if he signed a new contract so I don't see why we wouldn't re-sign him.

You would think that is reflected in the size of the contract he is offered (length and price).

He's still a very good player and injury has been his biggest downfall. He would absolutely be on a lot less if he signed a new contract so I don't see why we wouldn't re-sign him.

We all seem to have our opinions about Wingard and that is fair enough. For mine it hasn't just been injuries. He's been a non-factor. I can't think of a bigger and more costly recruit that has so little impact at the club.

You know when a player gets subbed out in 2nd quarter and there not injured, you know we had a Barry Crocker at the selection table

I actually don’t mind it to be honest. Mitchell is early in his coaching days, he should be afforded to make mistakes just like our young players are.

The easy thing for Mitch to do wouldve been to wait until 3qt doing the same thing and not own the mistake.

Seamus wasn’t playing particularly bad so I assume there will probably be some sort of apology from Mitch’s end and I assume

We all seem to have our opinions about Wingard and that is fair enough. For mine it hasn't just been injuries. He's been a non-factor. I can't think of a bigger and more costly recruit that has so little impact at the club.
We’ve had worse recruits than Wingard, but in terms of how bad that trade was with what Wingard has given us, it’s been disastrous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Impeys character and effort but he is a c grade ball butcher. Had a shocker. As did most of our our backline.

Reeves was really missed. That first quarter they smashed us in the centre bounces. Game over.

Our mids getting pantsed by Brad Crouch is sad. To my eye Newk was going head to head with Steele which means it's in the lap of Worps and Nash.

Can someone please tell me the logic of not having Blanck start on the field?

We talk about getting a good KPD but we’ve got a 22yo KPD who actually shows some fight and is actually a lockdown defender unlike some of our downhill skiers out there…

Frosts’ brainfades are probably shortening my life - the sooner we replace him the better.

Bramble’s time is up.

Mackenzie - I’d consider playing him in the magoos for the remainder of the year to just give him some confidence and consistent performances.

Tbh - the Saints came to play today and we couldn’t match it. Hopefully a few more learnings - and I hope we’re working hard on how to play another way when we’re getting 3+ goals kicked on us consecutively.

You would think that is reflected in the size of the contract he is offered (length and price).
My opinion is that (especially for a team in the phase we are in) he offers zero value both short and long term. I would rather be experimenting with young kids than risking Wingard on the list. Looking at how his time at the club has transpired there is nothing there that says he should be retained.

I think it was Derm last week on the broadcast...maybe it was Kingy?
Resign him one a one year contract that is performance based.
His last month has been really good in my eyes so I think he will be offered a 3 year contract by someone in the top half of the ladder. He is a gun and whether its his body letting him down or he needs the stick of no contract to perform I would love him to stay for another year or two on a performance based contract. If not it just means Butler gets more exposure earlier which is a good thing.

I enjoyed the game today as you can see the difference each week with a player or multiple players in their development, which I really enjoy.

I want to see more of Jeka, Serong, Butler and Long and less Frost, Bramble, and unfortunately Finn.

Carn the Hawks!

ce763.VickeryTy.png

One Million Dollars. Let that sink in.

ce763.VickeryTy.png

One Million Dollars. Let that sink in.

We had cap space and Roughie had been diagnosed with cancer and we had no spare draft picks and he was the only tall forward free agent available - other than an injury prone player who wouldnt have been a reliable replacement.

What would you have done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20, 2023 : Hawks stunned by Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back