Toast Round 20 = Collingwood 88-82 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the 1 at the Start For?
Nick Daicos gave a him a little jab in the back, both were having a go at each other but the umpire felt he had to stamp his authority on the game early by penalising our great football club in the most cruel and unjust way imaginable before the game had even begun. Shockingly soft free kick. And the AFL wants fans to respect umpires! They make it impossible.

No reason to be negative about today. I think we were good, bar that calamity 10 minute period in the first. Port clearly are a very good side, forgive the first 5 rounds where they were a mess and they’d be neck and neck with us on the ladder. That’s why I don’t think today’s narrow win was anything like the three that came before it.

Josh was marvellous, Moore too, De Goey very good and how good to see Ginni and Crisp back to their effective selves. I think our game plan is hindered a lot without Jordy, and todays performance when contrasted with our last 3 without him pretty much cements that. When Crisp and Jordy are on we are almost unplayable on the overlap, that’s got to count for something.

Just off the top of my head without even watching the replay:

1 Boak garbage free before the game ever starts lol
1 Boak horse shit 50
1 Dixon goal from a free not paid against him for a push
1 Marshall goal from a garbage free against Murphy
1 Bianco freebie
1 Goal kicked after a textbook holding the ball not played

Reckon there was also at least 2 or 3 frees we should have been paid in our forward line that would have resulted in certain goals too

Really should have been a minimum 7-8 goal win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never felt such anger towards our umpires as I have this year McRae must send a delegation armed with edited footage and demand to know when this BS treatment of Ginnivan is going to end

Which decisions upset you? For me the holding the man were 50/50 but given other calls to port should've been paid.

Sorry for intrusion but wanted to say congrats on 10 in a row. It is staggering how many BF posters wont acknowledge how much of a threat you are and will be in the finals. Not many clubs I see with a 10 game streak. Swans v Pies should be a ripper, you guys usually do well against us, games a coin toss.

Should've won that by way more. There were a few instances where I felt we tried to slow the game too early in the last quarter when we could've gone forward quickly and kicked a goal or two. Also felt like the urgency around goal droped off a bit as we got comfortable. Had the lead blown out over 30 points, port would've shut shop.

Hopefully we can address this because we can't stop against the better teams in the next 3 weeks.

Winning ugly a bit today.

Sad to hear Ginnivan in the post-match interview saying all the BS has definitely taken its toll on his mental health… but has support.
I watched the interview after the game and don't recall him saying this. He seemed pretty cheeky and chirpy to me throughout and after the game. I think the mental health card is played too often in this softening society in which we live.

Sorry for intrusion but wanted to say congrats on 10 in a row. It is staggering how many BF posters wont acknowledge how much of a threat you are and will be in the finals. Not many clubs I see with a 10 game streak. Swans v Pies should be a ripper, you guys usually do well against us, games a coin toss.
I think the Swans are the team to beat after the Cats at the moment. Should be a cracking game!

What was the 1 at the Start For?
Nick forearmed Boak in the back as part of the usual pre-game niggle. Not Nick's usual demeanour.
Pretty pathetic to start the game with a goal within 10 seconds for that incident.

Some don't seem to understand how big momentum is in modern football.
Umpiring can be more influential than ever.
Port should never have been able to kick 6 in the first quarter with the amount of play they had.

I think the past 4 weeks have been the worst block of umpiring I have witnessed against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 20 = Collingwood 88-82 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back