Toast Round 20 = Collingwood 88-82 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok. It's so easy to bandy about the words 'mental health' and I think it's overuse lessens its impact and detracts from people who have genuine mental health issues. I do not see Ginnivan as suffering even mildly serious mental health issues. Watching him on the ground he asks for what he gets and is much happier being in the public spotlight than out of it. What I like about Ginnivan is his cheek and in your face approach to the opposition. I'll reserve my sympathy for those people with genuine mental health issues.
Be careful not to confuse mental health and mental illness.

Mental health refers to an individual’s emotional, psychological and social wellbeing; it’s all about how a person thinks, feels and acts.

Mental illness refers to conditions that affect a person's thinking, feeling, mood, or behavior. These can include but aren't limited to depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia.

I think what Ginnivan spoke about post match was mental health.

You would have no clue nor would I. What happens on the field may not be what happens at home
What happens at home to Ginnivan has zero relevance to this discussion about how he is handling the pressure he is largely inviting upon himself in the football world.

No one has said Ginnivan is suffering some mental health disorder. However, he himself has said the attention has had some effect on his mental health, as has McRae. This is not difficult to believe and hard to see why anyone would deny it other than their own warped agenda.

Disgusting the Treatment he has Gotten

Be careful not to confuse mental health and mental illness.

Mental health refers to an individual’s emotional, psychological and social wellbeing; it’s all about how a person thinks, feels and acts.

Mental illness refers to conditions that affect a person's thinking, feeling, mood, or behavior. These can include but aren't limited to depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or schizophrenia.

I think what Ginnivan spoke about post match was mental health.
I am 100% sure that my mental health issues far outweigh anything that Ginnivan is experiencing in his private life.

The non free kick against Bergman, in the centre, in the last quarter, that led to a Port goal, was the cherry on top of a pathetic umpiring performance.
The game likely wouldn't have got within a kick without that ridiculous call. Butters kicked that goal, we should also ask him to show Ginni how to draw a high free. Apparently you're allowed to just barrel head first into your opponent and that's still ok.

FFS. He does not have mental health issues.

I mean...you wouldn't really know that for sure

I could imagine that kind of scrutiny in the media and on social media would take it's toll on a 19 year old

I've been on the end of plenty of social media abuse and it can get to you. What I've copped isn't even in the same sphere as what Jack would cop and I don't get it in the actual media like he does.

Would you have believed Robin Williams had mental health issues if someone had told you prior to his suicide?

Nick Daicos gave a him a little jab in the back, both were having a go at each other but the umpire felt he had to stamp his authority on the game early by penalising our great football club in the most cruel and unjust way imaginable before the game had even begun. Shockingly soft free kick. And the AFL wants fans to respect umpires! They make it impossible.
This is what enrages me. Three weeks ago Ginnivan missed a goal and was shirfronted and knocked flat on his back by his opponent who wanted to get in his face. The ump barely blinked. Nothing to see here The inconsistency is utterly bewildering.

In the push and shove that followed there were ten similar actions without a free being given. The umpiring is a disgrace at the moment.

I mean...you wouldn't really know that for sure

I could imagine that kind of scrutiny in the media and on social media would take it's toll on a 19 year old

I've been on the end of plenty of social media abuse and it can get to you. What I've copped isn't even in the same sphere as what Jack would cop and I don't get it in the actual media like he does.

Would you have believed Robin Williams had mental health issues if someone had told you prior to his suicide?
This is getting ridiculous. Ginnivan is a young guy riding a wave of success who invites attention and seems more than capable of coping with any backlash to his in your face behaviour. As he say, he has lots of support and I am sure he is more that he is more than capable of coping with the publicity he is generating.

This is what enrages me. Three weeks ago Ginnivan missed a goal and was shirfronted and knocked flat on his back. The ump barely blinked. Nothing to see here The inconsistency is utterly bewildering.

In the push and shove that followed there were ten similar actions without a free being given. The umpiring is a disgrace at the moment.

There wasn't much in that incident three weeks ago, but it seems to have become more dramatic in your mind since then.

Shirtfronted? Seriously...he was tapped and then fell to the ground to draw attention to the tap, which umpires quite right ignore most of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another quality win, this time against a good team.

Impressive that our forward line was able to hold up without Mihocek, shout out to AJ, Elliott and Hosk in that area.

Of course, add JDG to the above, an excellent return and shows just how much he's been missed. Exciting to think what he can be capable of if he can build form over the next month.

Our defence across the field was good all day. Only compromised in the 1st mostly due to some iffy umpiring.

Clear again that the most important part of our game is team defence. Completely nullifying their tall forwards. It's why we won't be replacing players who can cover ground, like WHE with players who can't. It's critical to our game plan.

Last edited:
How about just enjoy the win. Ten in a gawdamnnnn forkin row!!!

How good is this team! How good is Fly and the rest of our coaching panel!

Unbelievable.

I feel like I’m in a coma and some nasty nurse is gonna wake me up and tell me this is all a dream.

Dunno why you're making this a dick measuring competition. Really weird take from a usually balanced poster.
Whatever. I just think the guy is far more resilient and self sufficient than he is being credited for in this thread. And his dick is probably bigger than mine and far more active and potent. Good luck to him. Youth and fame are a blessing.

I am 100% sure that my mental health issues far outweigh anything that Ginnivan is experiencing in his private life.
Sorry to hear that your mental health isn't OK GreatGrundy. If you ever need a chat just send me a message on here.

But I don't think we need to diminish other people's mental health (in this case Jack) when we know how our own can be affected.

Different things affect people differently. We all have different backgrounds, levels of resilience and support from others.

Ok. It's so easy to bandy about the words 'mental health' and I think it's overuse lessens its impact and detracts from people who have genuine mental health issues. I do not see Ginnivan as suffering even mildly serious mental health issues. Watching him on the ground he asks for what he gets and is much happier being in the public spotlight than out of it. What I like about Ginnivan is his cheek and in your face approach to the opposition. I'll reserve my sympathy for those people with genuine mental health issues.
This is almost as bad as Robbo diminishing Fasolos mental health issues. You can’t dismiss someone as not having mental health issues based on snippets you see of them on the television. Be better.

Thats ok, and I sincerely hope you can overcome those demons.

My take. I was proud of Ginni for what he said. Shows some maturity for a teenager. The interview shows Ginni has feelings, and I don't think anyone has the right to discount that.

Another quality win, this time against a good team.

Impressive that our forward line was able to hold up without Mihocek, shout out to AJ, Elliott and Hosk in that area.

Of course, add JDG to the above, an excellent return and shows just how much he's been missed. Exciting to think what he can be capable of if he can build form over the next month.

Our defence across the field was good all day. Only compromised in the 1st mostly due to some iffy umpiring.

Clear again that the most important part of our game is team defence. Completely nullifying their tall forwards. It's why we won't be replacing players who can cover ground, like WHE with players who can't. It's critical to our game plan.
We beat them to a pulp. No question about it, the scoreboard flattered Port.

Thats ok, and I sincerely hope you can overcome those demons.

My take. I was proud of Ginni for what he said. Shows some maturity for a teenager. The interview shows Ginni has feelings, and I don't think anyone has the right to discount that.
Who said anything about having demons needing to be exorcised? I'll just swallow a bowl of wellness and get on with life.

Seriously, I just don't see the issue here. If you want to feel concern for anyone, I am sure there are many millions of people out there in the real world who would be more than happy with a fraction of the sympathy being shown for Ginnivan being cast in their direction.

Sorry for intrusion but wanted to say congrats on 10 in a row. It is staggering how many BF posters wont acknowledge how much of a threat you are and will be in the finals. Not many clubs I see with a 10 game streak. Swans v Pies should be a ripper, you guys usually do well against us, games a coin toss.

I’d love to be playing Sydney at the MCG for the first time in 10 years though! Although if Brisbane fall over it could still happen!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 20 = Collingwood 88-82 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back