Autopsy Round 20: Hawks defeated by Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

How much longer can Frawley play for? Seriously when a side has at least 2 tall fwds we are screwed. Way too slow and fumbles more often than not. Unfortunately we don’t have anyone to replace him...
Scully gets into good position but butchers kicks like you can’t believe.
Birchall- end it now please even though he played great when out there these past few weeks.
Hendo mightn’t make it in 2020 as good as he’s been this year.
Smith could still be ok with a better midfield if he’s played off hbf..
Nash - what’s the point of having him there for his speed and pressure when the opposition he’s there to do that to can still burn him off? And he offers nil else
Poppy’s pressure and workrate is still immense but just doesn’t ever get to use the footy anymore
Bruest/Gunston will be dangerous when we are winning the midfield battle - they need quick ball movement and inside 50 delivery.
It’s a worry that we still play through Burgoyne so much but he kind of played the role we’d like Scrimshaw to play I guess in the future.
Stratton is still a key defender for us even if he got well beaten by Wood after qtr time

We are on the edge or on the cusp .. i still back Clarko to find the right balance again though.

The amount of our players that slip is astounding. Either Adidas have shit boots or our blokes where them on concrete through the week. For ****s sake, no traction at all.

Not sure how you can look so cohesive for a quarter and then turn up half interested for the remainder.

I sense there will be some big calls made at the end of the season and what we are seeing is a reflection of that

Worpel is a beast in close but tonight I got an appreciation for his gut running. That is seriously impressive for a guy in his second year, not to mention getting attention after quarter time.

Can't wait to see him next to Mitchell. I reckon Jaeger will be better for the support too.

Need to get Sicily playing the role he was playing in first half of the year.
He has basically been playing negating roles on the bigs the last few weeks and his attacking out put has disappear.

Completely agree with this. We could afford it when Impey was in the side, but without Impey (and now Birchall), we need Sicily to be rebounding more than ever.

Fairly typical of our year. Start well and then disappear. We suck at marvel, no time and space for our style. Scully has been a liability in some games. I know he needs games and time to get up to speed, but for an elite runner he gets 10-15 touches most games and they aren’t good ones. Game went the way I thought it would. Nash really isn’t bringing much to the table either and poppy looks like he’s in his last year. Overall I shouldn’t be singling out players because most had a shit game. Hopefully respond next week. Don’t care about finals we’d go straight out anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Worpel will captain this side next. Nothing surer.
P3NM.gif

Disagree. JOM has been struggling all season with the added responsibility of having to cover Mitchell. I'd like to see JOM get his game back first when Mitchell is back before labouring him with the added responsibility of the captaincy. BB more deserving and more capable.

I think he's actually carried a massive load in the absence of Mitchell.

He gets the pill inside and wins clearances and tackles like a demon. He just gets worn down by weight of the burden.

He'd make a perfect captain IMO, especially if you add Mitchell and another in to the midfield. Perfect off field ambassador with the requisite toughness and thirst for the contest on it.

IMO he screams as the clear stand out captain in waiting.

Do this on the bay Digby.... you come across as nothing but an attention seeking pissant flog by doing this here.
On the bay he/she would be known as something other, Digby would only ever get a run after a win on oppo boards. 500 posts since 2010 says a lot.

How much longer can Frawley play for? Seriously when a side has at least 2 tall fwds we are screwed. Way too slow and fumbles more often than not. Unfortunately we don’t have anyone to replace him...

That's because he's one of the best defenders of his type in the competition. He's beaten his opponent most games this year.

Scully gets into good position but butchers kicks like you can’t believe.
Birchall- end it now please even though he played great when out there these past few weeks.
Hendo mightn’t make it in 2020 as good as he’s been this year.
Smith could still be ok with a better midfield if he’s played off hbf..
Nash - what’s the point of having him there for his speed and pressure when the opposition he’s there to do that to can still burn him off? And he offers nil else
Poppy’s pressure and workrate is still immense but just doesn’t ever get to use the footy anymore
Bruest/Gunston will be dangerous when we are winning the midfield battle - they need quick ball movement and inside 50 delivery.
It’s a worry that we still play through Burgoyne so much but he kind of played the role we’d like Scrimshaw to play I guess in the future.
Stratton is still a key defender for us even if he got well beaten by Wood after qtr time

We are on the edge or on the cusp .. i still back Clarko to find the right balance again though.

Frawley's had a very solid year overall.

Haven't read the game day thread but was Worpel being tagged by Shaun Higgins?

I can see why we need Paton, let him stay in the goal square as the target. Most of the time when the footy was kicked to our forward, no one was there.

Shiels had mid 20 touches, a million tackles and a few turnovers. That's his career. He is playing as well as he always has it's just that people expect him to be Sam Mitchell now and he never will be.
Yeah not sure when people expected him to star in the midfield like he ever even showed signs of regularly carrying a team. At least he was putting on pressure unlike 99% of the team after the first quarter. Our vets are the same players they have always been. 4 guys with no tackles, not even their fault guys like Frawley and Sicily are obviously willing tacklers but because the ball was moving around with such ease for North. This loss is on the whole team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20: Hawks defeated by Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back