Autopsy Round 20: Hawks defeated by Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

About time....for the "winged god" lol....
Who says Winged God?
Embarrassing???
Who names themselves after a shit tasting vegetable?
Embarrassing???

Worse than ordinary. Skills lacking.

Best football is long gone for Poppy, unfortunately. Give my left arm for Impey to be back next week.

Geez if Strats wasn't desperate tonight then I'm not here, beaten on occasions but common man wtf.
He did some good things and he did some poor things.

He looks a shell of the player he once was atm. Tries as always but goes to ground TOO much now.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Captaincy has put the spotlight on Stratts. I think he isn't helped by the fact Sicily is the second key defender when really he should be third up and come of his man and intercept, but unfortunately Brand isn't up to it. Was much easier for him when Gibbo and Lake were there.

Worpel was outstanding. I love his determination at the contest. Although a disappointing end after a bright start, there is still a lot to look forward to, I thought chad was very exciting tonight. His last couple really show what he can do and is still not fully fit or in tune with our plans. I’m excited to see what he brings next year.

Unfortunately I think poppy and strats won’t be part of the team next year. As good as Henderson has been this year, I’m not sure he will either.

I still feel 2020 and particularly 2021 will see us back where we belong.

Everyone calling for Obrien to be an automatic selection, well he just gave us a big reminder of how rubbish he can be....
In saying that i think we should persevere he can play but way way to spasmodic.....

Stratton has been a handy shut down defender who had a period of 10 great weeks or so playing as the loose man in defence, problem is you don't really want him as the intercept player anyway.

With the squad being where it's at we need more. Maybe relinquishing the captaincy will get him an extra 24 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not?
Be bold and make a 21 year old captain.
Build a team around him and say, you’re it son, we’re all gonna grow with you and we’re all in it together.
Worked for Brisbane and Vossy.
And Sticks Kernahan
Edit: he was 24, but was promoted to captain in only his second year.

Personally most of our back line are negative defenders, even Sicily has become a negative player. Our only attacking defenders are Impey and Birchall and you probably aren’t seeing them for the rest of the year

Probably why Miles can’t get a game he is attacking defender

I'm just wondering what was the point in producing a win over Geelong and then losing the next 2 games when we could have won them? I'm not criticising Clarko by any stretch, but it seems he can still conjure wins against good sides but can't do it against the lesser teams. Very confused right now.

Umm Clarko like myself when he smashed the wall could see the writing on the wall as we decided we would play like millionaires instead of doing the basic hard stuff well.

How many times did our players with zero awareness get run down from behind or completely butcher the ball.

Unfortunately we have zero senior leadership on the ground besides McEvoy who really should be our skipper.

1. Stratts fumbles, trips over and when he finally gets it turns it over with poor skills,
2. Gunners runs eveywhere without impacting anything besides a little cameo here and there.
3. Smith is clearly playing away from the action in preparation for a change of scenery next season.
4. Scully has zero body presence and gets brushed aside like a mosquito and to me looks really unfit.
5. Poppy is completely cooked and have no idea why we keep trotting him out every week when a kid could play that small forward role.
6. Jaeger is a real worry with his foot skills and seems to be getting worse at the minute.
7. Breust has become a magician and can somehow disappear on a football ground for huge amounts of time.

Positives-
Wingard-is starting to win some really good ball in tight and once he learns how to connect with our forwards he will be a winner.
Lewis-has some real presence about him
Worpel- Freak

Considering this really was the 'season on the line ' game plus a celebration for Silk it's pretty disappointing. You could see Clarko really wanted it.
and that's the main reason I'm disappointed. We came out primed then just faded away...was it umpiring...well screw that..we need to be able to overcome bad calls, but all year we've been unable to rise to the challenge of teams lower than us. the interesting thing is we play well against teams above us, all year.
It's weird. But so is the general state of the game this season.
Lewis. Worps, Wingard, Big boy, Impey and Sicily. That's high level on every line straight through the middle. We can build on that core.

Yeah he gives a ‘vibe’. Hard to explain. Sort of the odd ball but you would be nice to him because you don’t know if he would attack you or not in the street.

Nah, just a bit of white line fever, much like old mate Archer, it’s just the way some people are wired.

He’s got a reputation now though and gets a raw deal from the umpires, which just compounds it and around and around it goes. Sicily gets paid frees against that aren’t paid against others, or he doesn’t receive them, he gets frustrated, then the umpires start umpiring him personally, then he gets pinged, and on it goes...

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 20: Hawks defeated by Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back