Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty clear what happened imo. Brayshaw was niggling him, as you do with a good player. I reckon Gaff went to jab him in the chest as always happens and just got it all wrong. Got him in the chin.

It’ll be intentional, high contact, impact will depend... could be a split lip or could be a broken jaw. Will go straight to the tribunal.

If it’s a bad injury 6 weeks. If he’s ok to play next week, 3-4.

It's a weird one, i watched it a few times on replay and i tend to agree. A bit more than a jab, it wasn't really a punch so much as a wild reckless swing but i don't think he meant to get him like that. Will cop it either way.

Oh look, the one person looking at it with clear eyes.

It will be high/severe, Freo aren't exactly going to downplay it in the medical report.
Don't need to.

He looks likes he had too much pasta sauce for lunch.

Claret everywhere.

Vickery on Cox was four weeks in a ruck contest. This was off the ball so he should be looking at 5 at least. They might show mercy and make it 5, in the event West Coast reaches the GF. Depends on Brayshaw’s injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he comes back without a concussion then it could be said he just nabbed him on the nose. I personally dont think Gaff meant to hit him in the face, he just lashed out and found himself connecting.

5 weeks is my worst case. Heres hoping.

After watching the replay a couple of times i reckon brayshaw even 'ducks' slightly when he takes a step right before Gaff swings, probably threw his aim off a bit too

Yeah agree. Brayshaw seemed a bit off balance and dropped a bit.

I mean look now, Walters is already punching Gaff in the chest - the same thing.

There’s always a few people who go crazy straight after these things.

Players whack their taggers in the chest all the time. He’s got this terribly wrong and chinned him.

Yeah agreed. Looks like he missed and just got him badly in the jaw. Eagles argument will be that it wasn’t intentional and hope they can convince the afl either way. Regardless he will miss the rest of the season but West Coast will have their fingers crossed he will play finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 20: West Coast v Fremantly Sunday 2:40pm AWST @OS

Back