Autopsy Round 21, 2024 : Hawks snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s always 1 that pops up mate. Was ohallaran last time.

What about Bedford? Totally ran amok all day and no one put any work into him. Was a massive playmaker for them all game. In fact, limit him and we win that.
Seriously? Massive Playmaker?

Toby Bedford amassed a grand total of 3 kicks and 5 handballs from 84% time on ground.

Not since a Carlton back pocket named Robbert Klomp got the brand new Thorn colour TV from Lou Richards assessing him as BOG in a preseason match against Fitzroy in 1981 has a player contributed so little, yet seemed so influential. 🤣

Last edited:

I agree that Gunston and Breust should not be on the field together
I agree that Gunston and Breust should not be on the field together,
Gunston is still dangerous but it’s no good Breust sneaking an opportunists goal if the opposition kick 7 going back the other way. The pressure at HFF was non existent, hence the easy goals going back the other way, a Hogan dream. Hawthorn will always leak goals on the turnover or quick break, it’s not allowing them that’s got us back nudging finals. Half forward broke down today and Voss, Clarko and Yze will take note.

We lost by 2 points.

Back to back weeks of travel for a team that notoriously doesn't travel that well, the game wasn't allowed to be played on our terms, didn't quite have the energy levels of normal, Will Day shut down, umps were against us, and against a team at their home that played in a prelim last year. But only lost by 2 points.

Annoying that it is now harder to make the finals, but we win the last 3 we will make it.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ward played on a wing most of the day without previous CBA opportunities, and as with Jiath both quiet.

Such a poor reactionary comment. Ignoring how he stood up last week when Adelaide were closing in the second quarter and was key in breaking it open with Day going forward.
If he was good enough to play more minutes in the middle he would but he doesn’t. I personally love Ward but at the moment he just isn’t good enough to play in the guts

11 possessions from a player with a massive tank doesn’t cut it in a game which was there for the taking.

Last edited:
Draw would have been shocking for us. Essendon win is very good. It gives us another team ahead of us that can stumble.
Yeah Freo's percentage is high enough that a draw would've been the same as a win as far as we are concerned. We can catch GWS, Geelong or Carlton on % but not Freo.

CJ has had 11 games to get up to pace, and he still looks way off it.
He had a disjointed pre season and isn't a naturally skilled player ,he is in for his athleticism .

Once you miss a lot of pre season your playing catchup all year. There isn't getting up to speed because you are always behind the 8 ball. Doesn't matter how many games.
Look at Oliver this season .

Only the superstars can do it and even they mostly struggle In the circumstance

For those who think we have no chance, one point to consider. Collingwood beat Carlton, and we beat Collingwood by 66.

If we beat Carlton by 66, we enter the 8 at Carlton's expense.

Not saying its likely, just saying its not impossible....
won't lie, this has cheered me up immensely as 100% we're capable of this.

And I advise you to read the post.

I have them losing 2 of 3 against the best two sides in it. Not 3 of 3.

Don’t be lazy.

They’re 8pts and 7% ahead of us. You’re living in fantasy land to just assume we will make up 7% on them. We should be looking to get Freo’s spot now. They’re two losses from going below us. % not a factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 21, 2024 : Hawks snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

Remove this Banner Ad

Back