Prediction Round 23, 2024: Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate but Hall was woeful.Not just bad .Woeful!!
Nothing to do with dead wing roles.Just refused to hit the contest.
Voss will have the blues fired up.Let’s not think that a few injuries will stuff them up.They will come over with a team ready to die for Voss.
He had a mean look in his eye after the game today and he will have them ready to go.
If Curnow is out I wouldn’t be in a hurry to bring TB back.
They will come to run.
Beware the ambush
He's played 2 half games.

Go....you can insert the correct words in yourself

He got stuck on that Chesser wing.

We keep putting young non-wingers out there to get them games. I get it but surely we are better off just leaving Gaff or some other older player out there and playing Hall/Chesser in the WAFL if thats the only option to play a role they can play.
Gaff got crucified the last few years when his disposals dropped. In reality most probably better than all his replacements.
For his last game he has to play gif wing the whole game. Hopefully a win and the odds are we can have a upside.
With Curnow out unless Mckay goes mad we should have a good chance.

Gaff got crucified the last few years when his disposals dropped. In reality most probably better than all his replacements.
For his last game he has to play gif wing the whole game. Hopefully a win and the odds are we can have a upside.
With Curnow out unless Mckay goes mad we should have a good chance.
If only Gaff wasnt forced to play inside mid and half forward so much during the injury years. Really made him look worse than he was.

Aside from a lack of pace and losing a few metres on his kick he was still ok on that wing.

In hindsight id have preferred Chesser to play WAFL more as an inside mid and Gaff stay on that wing

Of all the newbies that’s the worst effort I’ve seen in a long time.Did a couple of good things last week but geez I was really disappointed in Saturdays effort.
Hes playing a role he doesnt know well. Im sure hes a bit hesitant/unsure when hes meant to go in or hold width as a winger.
Give him a defined inside role and im sure he will look more comfortable

Changes depend mainly on availability - one or both of Barrass and Harry Edwards might be ready to return but neither is certain, particularly Barrass due to his hamstring issue

Witherden is the obvious omission to make way for Barrass if fit, or Edwards if he isn’t. If neither come up, I’d consider bringing Bazzo in

Not sure about Hall. Looked a bit off the pace against North after some promising signs against Gold Coast. Maybe keep him as sub so Gaff gets a full farewell game

Petruccelle is cover for Cripps if required

So-
• Witherden out for Barrass, Edwards or Bazzo in that order
• Petruccelle in for Cripps if injured
• Hall to be sub, Gaff to start wing in his last game

Everyone else retains their spot pending fitness

In: Hedwards or barrass, petch
Out: witherden, hall

I know we were deplorable for two quarters... butttt it was in Hobart.
After all Carlton's injury's today I reckon with a seven day break, the boys will have the taste for blood.

Curnow out leaving McGovern to wreak havoc in their back line.
Saad is a damaging line breaker allowing our weakness of transitions to not get exposed as much.
Tag Cripps.
Play high pressure.

Yep

They lost Curnow, Saad, Martin, Fogarty and Boyd. And the lesser Gov was struggling along aswell but could hardly go off
Not to mention basically having no one fit on the bench mean't the fit players got almost no rest for half the game.

He got stuck on that Chesser wing.

We keep putting young non-wingers out there to get them games. I get it but surely we are better off just leaving Gaff or some other older player out there and playing Hall/Chesser in the WAFL if thats the only option to play a role they can play.
The wing had nothing to do with it. He was near the ball plenty and chickened out of multiple contests, on top of the fumbles. This doesnt bode well for the future.

Sorry mate but Hall was woeful.Not just bad .Woeful!!
Nothing to do with dead wing roles.Just refused to hit the contest.
Voss will have the blues fired up.Let’s not think that a few injuries will stuff them up.They will come over with a team ready to die for Voss.
He had a mean look in his eye after the game today and he will have them ready to go.
If Curnow is out I wouldn’t be in a hurry to bring TB back.
They will come to run.
Beware the ambush
Beware the ambush? Your talking as if we are the team pushing for finals and they are a dogshit bottom three side.

The wing had nothing to do with it. He was near the ball plenty and chickened out of multiple contests, on top of the fumbles. This doesnt bode well for the future.
I think chicken out is the incorrect way to describe it. Watch him in the wafl as an inside mid and he attacks it very hard.

He has the same issue as Chesser in that role that he gets stuck in two minds about winning the ball and holding his structural position. Indecisive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was his second game after an interrupted year. He'll be fine.

I think chicken out is the incorrect way to describe it. Watch him in the wafl as an inside mid and he attacks it very hard.

He has the same issue as Chesser in that role that he gets stuck in two minds about winning the ball and holding his structural position. Indecisive.
Chickened out is the way to describe saturdays game. Did you even watch it?

Really disgusting some of the comments here on Hall. He has work to do, but geez really piss poor comments

Really disgusting some of the comments here on Hall. He has work to do, but geez really piss poor comments
Hey I hope Hall does well and is in the 22 man squad regularly. I am not providing commentary on his WAFL games simply what was displayed against North Melbourne. Hope he gets to work and kills it, he has/will achieved something i never will athletically.

There is a reason he got subbed, my view is not incorrect.

Hey I hope Hall does well and is in the 22 man squad regularly. I am not providing commentary on his WAFL games simply what was displayed against North Melbourne. Hope he gets to work and kills it, he has/will achieved something i never will athletically.

There is a reason he got subbed, my view is not incorrect.

That was verbatim something you posted about Chesser criticism a few weeks back, I only changed the name.

No i remember, and i also remember the commentary on chesser was way worse like delist. I am pointing out a bad game, nice to know you are thinking of me though

You accused him of chickening out of contests and said it doesn’t bode well for the future.

Completely different though, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back