Prediction Round 23, 2024: Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy **** I can't believe what I'm hearing.

We are not beating carlton. One 6 point win against norf after being 30 points down has got us thinking like we are a good side.

Anyone that thinks we have a chance is a clown
It's not that far fetched though. Carlton aren't as good as everyone thought they were and we're a much better team at home.

We are not beating carlton. One 6 point win against norf after being 30 points down has got us thinking like we are a good side.

Lose the protective pessimism. If the supporters don't believe the boys can win, why should the players? You think if they took that attitude into the first Derby or Melbourne game they couldve won? Blues lost basically half their side, yes they'll be desperate you would think, but there's no reason we can't win. They've been doing worse than Sydney - their only wins for ages against North and Richmond. And Port did Sydney by 112. No team is unbeatable, let alone the Blues right now. You don't think a full strength Gold Coast could knock them off even at Marvel? I'm pretty sure North right now could at Marvel.

I'm hardly saying we're strong faves, but I'm at the point where I'd be disappointed not winning. It was 50/50 before I heard about the McKay news, but without him surely we are at least slight faves. The question is whether we can seize the opportunity and show we've turned a corner. We play well when we play angry, and I expect to see that on Sinday. Wind back the clock for Gaffy, those mugs used to dread coming to Perth, let's give them flashbacks, even if for one day.

Carlton potentially missing some or all of :

Jack Silvagni
Adam Cerra
Tom De Koning
Orazio Fantasia
Sam Docherty
David Cunningham
Charlie Curnow
Matthew Carroll
Sam Durdin
Matthew Cottrell
Jack Martin
Harry McKay
Lachie Fogarty
Adam Saad

That’s a serious set of outs including their two leading goal scorers

Lost our last 3 against them by an average of 80 points

Fair to say we owe them so I hope there’s a few players/coaches with good memories looking for some payback

Definitely a game we could win. Not sure if we will as we’ve disappointed too many times recently to be trusted to play at our best

As unlikely as it may be it's not impossible.

Nothing is a certainty in a 2 horse race.

I'll say this about 5 wins.
Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF

Also as far as Carlton game goes
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

And...
Mrw GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we beat Carlton this Sunday, there is a high chance to see 5 non-Victorian teams in the finals.
edit: I predict Carlton to lose both the R23 and R24 games.

Last edited:
Carlton having this many players out will mess with their structure.

Having no TDK, it seems MP has been lacklustre and i think BW will have a chance to get on top for a change.

Walsh has been a bit off. Cripps has to do too much himself with Kennedy and Hewett chipping in.

Also, Carlton's game style is very much based on winning the hard ball, and not based on run / spread etc. So i'm not worried about their bounce off half back etc as i would be with the Hawks,

I reckon we only need to match them in the middle, so without Curnow and McKay they're very gettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back