Round 23 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

please help! first season of dt and i wana win the gf
  • hanley > harry O
    OR
  • priddis > griffen/libba/scooter for second trade
also my first trade was jack > jelwood. should i reconsider due to the raines tag?
looking to NET in the most points. i personally can't see hanley doing well. what should i do?
this is my team with one trade left:
2w6xft3.png

I've managed to sneak my way in to the Grand Final from a very tough-earned fourth. It's my first year playing and I'd love nothing more than to rub a victory in my all-knowing co-workers faces.

This is my team...

21l7laf.jpg
[/IMG]
21l7laf.jpg
[/IMG]
21l7laf.jpg

Goddard Hibberd Enright
Hanley Gibbs O'Brien
Ibbotson Colquhoun

Swan Pendlebury Ablett J Selwood
Barlow Fyfe [out] Bartel Johnson
Beams Carter

Cox Clarke [out]
Grundy Currie

Riewoldt Rockcliff Martin
Stokes Cloke Kennedy
Lee Menzel

We're evenly matched, I reckon, except I'm worried Stokes could tear me a new one. Fyfe being out helps me and I think I can really differentiate myself in the midfield...

Do I get rid of Stanton and Ablett and hope that Beams plays? Do I get rid of McKenzie for Mackie and add a midfielder?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys and good luck to all!

Edit: I'm an idiot. Forgot to mention I have $171k spare. Cheers!

please help! first season of dt and i wana win the gf
  • hanley > harry O
    OR
  • priddis > griffen/libba/scooter for second trade
also my first trade was jack > jelwood. should i reconsider due to the raines tag?

looking to NET in the most points. i personally can't see hanley doing well. what should i do?
this is my team with one trade left:
2w6xft3.png

get libba in, most likely player to go big
I've managed to sneak my way in to the Grand Final from a very tough-earned fourth. It's my first year playing and I'd love nothing more than to rub a victory in my all-knowing co-workers faces.

This is my team...

21l7laf.jpg
[/IMG]
21l7laf.jpg
[/IMG]
21l7laf.jpg

Goddard Hibberd Enright
Hanley Gibbs O'Brien
Ibbotson Colquhoun

Swan Pendlebury Ablett J Selwood
Barlow Fyfe [out] Bartel Johnson
Beams Carter

Cox Clarke [out]
Grundy Currie

Riewoldt Rockcliff Martin
Stokes Cloke Kennedy
Lee Menzel

We're evenly matched, I reckon, except I'm worried Stokes could tear me a new one. Fyfe being out helps me and I think I can really differentiate myself in the midfield...

Do I get rid of Stanton and Ablett and hope that Beams plays? Do I get rid of McKenzie for Mackie and add a midfielder?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys and good luck to all!

how much money do you have left? if you have almost nothing hanley and JOm should be traded

Hibberd > D. Pearce. He will be playing onball all game with all of Freo's outs. Sick of Hibberd, weakest link in my side atm.
Fyfe > ???

Im considering -

Watson? Richmond allow opposition midfielders to get decent scores against them, so is probably the best choice. Only real question is will Essendon give a **** after the week they have had?
S. Selwood? Decent scores last couple of weeks even while the Eagles set records for lowest ever scores.
Sloane or Dangerfield? Eagles given up 12 centurions in last 2 weeks - just giving points away like its Christmas.

Ruled out - tag alert!!

Deledio. Got a low score tagged by Hocking last time. Maybe risking the same will happen.
Boak. Going to get tagged hard. Curnow will try and do exactly what Crowley did last week.
Montagna. Crowley. Say no more.

Leaning towards Watson. Dont think any of the 4 I mentioned would be a bad choice though.

Hibberd > D. Pearce. He will be playing onball all game with all of Freo's outs. Sick of Hibberd, weakest link in my side atm.
Fyfe > ???

Im considering -

Watson? Richmond allow opposition midfielders to get decent scores against them, so is probably the best choice. Only real question is will Essendon give a **** after the week they have had?
S. Selwood? Decent scores last couple of weeks even while the Eagles set records for lowest ever scores.
Sloane or Dangerfield? Eagles given up 12 centurions in last 2 weeks - just giving points away like its Christmas.

Ruled out - tag alert!!

Deledio. Got a low score tagged by Hocking last time. Maybe risking the same will happen.
Boak. Going to get tagged hard. Curnow will try and do exactly what Crowley did last week.

Leaning towards Watson. Dont think any of the 4 I mentioned would be a bad choice though.

hibbo should stay. is most likely going to play in the midfield as well with heppel out. plus i personally believe essendon are going to give it their all and finish the season strong as a team, almost like a punch in the face to the afl

Fyfe > ???

Im considering -

Ruled out - tag alert!!

Scott would be the 'safe' pick out of those 4

Just remembered Hocking is suspended. Deledio is still an option.

Hibberd getting more midfield time is more than likely bad for him. He was scoring big when he was taking marks. Hibberd and JJK are my biggest worries. I can see JJK scoring better, especially if he kicks a couple of early ones and Roughead was quiet on Friday. They are naturally going to start looking for him every time. Also Pearce is a better option to bring in as a back over any option I have to bring in for JJK as a forward.

Scott would be the 'safe' pick out of those 4
Yeah true. But opponent has Watson so maybe its just safer to cancel each other out. He also has Montagna who I expect to get tagged bigtime, an out of form O'Keefe and K. Jack (one will be emergency). While I have got Beams, Griffin and Priddis(my emergency). I should hopefully get a decent lead from my mids already. Would hate a big swing between Watson and Selwood to ruin that.

Yeah true. But opponent has Watson so maybe its just safer to cancel each other out. He also has Montagna who I expect to get tagged bigtime, an out of form O'Keefe and K. Jack (one will be emergency). While I have got Beams, Griffin and Priddis(my emergency). I should hopefully get a decent lead from my mids already. Would hate a big swing between Watson and Selwood to ruin that.

ok i would do watson if that is the case. also i dont think hibbo would play in the midfield i mean its not like he played there last week...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm an idiot.

I have $171k spare.

Cheers again!

hmm then i would do hanley>ellis (essendon wont bother tagging him) JOM-> Watson/Libba and then bench stanton

I need to get rid of Jack, he's been scoring horribly lately and coming up against the Hawks. Haven't decided who to though, Jelwood, Beams, Libba or Scooter? Leaning towards Libba v Melbourne. Here's my current midfield:

anyde9.png

yeh could go for libba. why are you getting jack out for cotchin? im in a similiar position. thinking of doing cotchin-> libba but then again he did score well against the dons last year.
Get rid of jack or smitchell?
For jellwood or beams?
sam mitchell->beams (any of the options would be good tbh)
Getting Libba in this week, will destroy Melbourne IMO. Had 144 last time on them.
a LOT of them were in the first quarter, having said that still hope he tears it up.
Grimes -> H.Shaw
Stanton -> S.Selwood
Start Jack or Cotchin

or

Stanton -> Masten
Cotchin/Jack -> S.Selwood
Start Grimes

both will give you similiar results tbh but i would do first one because shaw does well when he doesnt get tagged (like last week) and i think Masten will get the VB tag this week.

both will give you similiar results tbh but i would do first one because shaw does well when he doesnt get tagged (like last week) and i think Masten will get the VB tag this week.
Masten won't get the VB tag, he will go to Gaff again. Masten went head to head with Thompson last time and had 39 touches. He's also very hard to tag out of the game (26 touches with the Crowley tag).

Clarke - Minson
Hannebery -> Libba

Made 2/3 of my league finals, good luck everybody! Except my league opponent's of course :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back