Round 23 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty settled on going Jack > Liberatore. But tossing up my second trade (which will partially fund the first trade), it will either be:
A) Ablett to Kennedy (Good history v Hawthorn)
B) Cox to Minson (Plays Melbourne & WCE seem happy with finish 13th, get good draft picks and get an easy draw for 2013)

Leaning towards B.

Anyone else think Dangerfileld could have a blinder at Subi?

Or should a trade to Watson Vs Richmond will be on the cards.

Masten won't get the VB tag, he will go to Gaff again. Masten went head to head with Thompson last time and had 39 touches. He's also very hard to tag out of the game (26 touches with the Crowley tag).

ah yeh forgot about gaff, you're right.
Josh Kennedy to:

CLOKE
PAV
STOKES

???

DOING MY BRAIN IN HERE !
out of those stokes

Pretty settled on going Jack > Liberatore. But tossing up my second trade (which will partially fund the first trade), it will either be:
A) Ablett to Kennedy (Good history v Hawthorn)
B) Cox to Minson (Plays Melbourne & WCE seem happy with finish 13th, get good draft picks and get an easy draw for 2013)

Leaning towards B.

i would keep ablett
Anyone else think Dangerfileld could have a blinder at Subi?

Or should a trade to Watson Vs Richmond will be on the cards.

yeh watson looks good i reckon he is keen to have a good one this week

Thinking of going Malcheski -> Stanley. I recon he could be a smokey that could pump out a massive score against GWS. Thoughts ?

Also Hanley -> Mackie. Wanted to be different to my opponent who has enright, and mackie seems to be going well last few games.

My team:
Goddard, Enright, Hanley, Gibbs, Scotland, Ellis (Shaw)
Swan, Ablett, Beams, Griffen, Barlow, K.Cornes, J.Selwood (Jack)
Cox, Minson (Grundy)
Rockliff, Johnson, Martin, Bartel, Stokes, Franklin (Kennedy)

Not sure what to do with the trades, would need to downgrade Rowe if I want to bring in N.Riewoldt for Kennedy moving Franklin to the bench, or I could chase a score in the midfield trading Jack. Thoughts?

I have Jack, going to hold onto him and hope for the best. Traded cotchin out a while ago because he doesnt seem to be getting as much of the pill. Id elan towards cotchin.

Id probably get beams because he can explode. Has been consistent this year without the goal games. when he kicks two or more he generally dominates games. In our loss last year to the kangas he had 38 possi and 2 goals for 129dt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance Beams won't play or get subbed?

No. Well obviously i cant say for sure, but it wouldnt make sense to include him then take him out. Id back him 100% to play this week. Also no chance as sub. Didint play sub on his return game, wont play sub this week. I imagine theyd want to make sure he plays a full game for fitness reasons leading into finals.

gonna upgrade keiran jack who since i bought him in round 13 has spudded it up in all bar two weeks. wanna go with leigh montagna, but am worried about freo and the ryan crowley factor. what you guys think?

next options are scott selwood (v adelaide), matt boyd or liberatore (v melbourne).... am thinking boyd. v melbourne, last game with his great mate daniel cross... could play out a blinder.

JJK to NRoo or Stokes?

Also Terlich to? Harry O. Any ideas?

Already have goddard, enright, gibbs, ellis, shaw with grimes as emergency.

Hi Guys,
After a little help. In the GF in my first year in DT
The guy I am up against has had the best team all year in my league however I have out scored him last 2 weeks. I think our teams are reasonably even but he has better forward line, plus no major outs.
I only have around $20k in the bank.

His team before trades
Def: Goddard, Hibberd, Hanley, Gibbs, Ellis, Duffield, (Vlastuin)
Mids: Swan, Pendles, Ablett, JSelwood, Barlow, Griffen, ROK, Cotchin, (Armfield)
Rucks: Cox and Minson (Grundy)
For: NRoo, Rocky, Martin, Cloke, JRoughie, StevieJ, Christensen

Mine before trades
Def: Goddard, Enright, D Pearce, Gibbs, Harry O, Duffield, (McKenzie)
Mids: Swan, Pendles, Ablett, Barlow, Stanton, Priddis, Sselwood, FYFE, (TMitchell)
Rucks: Cox and Berger (Grundy or Blicavs)
For: NRoo, Rocky, Martin, JJK, Monfries, StevieJ, (Macaffer or Johnston)

I was thinking of going Fyfe->Watson (or maybe Masten) and then either JJK or Monfries to someone.
If I trade in Watson probably the best forward I can afford for JJK is Roughie (or Motlop??), whereas I can get Pav, Wellingham, Bartel, Ryder or even Motlop for Monfries.

Any suggestions welcome.

jack > jelwood LOCKED
which is the best second trade:
  • hanley > scotland/pearce
  • stanton > libba/griffen/montagna
  • priddis > libba /griffen/montagna
would appreciate any advice

Also, why is everyone going to Jelwood

1) He has the Raines tag
2) He is prohibitively expensive which might make you unable to do another trade
3) Geelong have their spot in the finals relatively assured, and its likely they take a foot off the gas at some point and a Selwood type gets forward time

I can understand keeping him if you have him, but getting him in at his absolute peak vs one of the better taggers seems a bit weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back