B- Howe Dean Maynard
HB- Sidebottom Moore Quaynor
C- J.Daicos Crisp Allan
HF- Schultz McStay Elliot
F- Hill Cox McCreery
FOLL- Cameron Lipinski N.Daicos
I/C- Macrae, Richards, Pendlebury, Demattia
Sub- Bytel

Who cares? Two dead rubbers to finish a very poor season. We never got going at any stage. I can't wait to have this season behind us.

Win both and we can still play finals.

I hope Fly finally let's the hand brake off and says just go all out.

Time to unleash Allan and bring in Dean

Out - Lipinski and RIchards.

Frampton goes and shakes hands with Andrews and does the job again.

Dropping Noble this week would be like shooting bambi again.

Still need to have a real crack this week.
Just never know with these results around us.
Freo have a tough 2 games and Carlton are seriously wounded.
Plus be nice to dent Brisbane a bit more.
Lose this week then def play all the kids last game.

I think when McRae first took the reigns, players were given more freedom.
This year, it's all about "the system" and "role players". It's not working.

Watch Hawthorn play and you'll see something similar to us of 2022. Allowing more freedom probably also boosts confidence too.

We're not fun to watch anymore - even when we're ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Blues and Freo both lose next 2 and we win the next 2 we make sure 8th. Haha.
Possible
Don’t discount the dogs in that conversation too.
They is still opportunity if we play our part and win our games and hope like hell others cough it up.

Do we just park Steele Sidebottom 60 out from goal at the punt rd end, southern side and let him slot goals all afternoon?

Pies in a close one, 90-86 final score. Zac Bailey to display a complete lack of footy IQ and take advantage for a shallow entry in the final minute

We’ve beaten Brisbane the last two times we played them. We are therefore on a roll.😋

Two desperate teams. Lions are favourites. Pfft.

This is exactly the sort of game where we’ve surprised and won under Fly. I can’t wait.

This is what I would like to see

Out: Lipinski, Long

In: Allan, McInnes

Sub: Sidebottom with Richards getting a full game

They may give DeMattia a run with 2 games to go to lead into the preseason but not sure. I dont see any point in playing MaCrae any longer as I dont think he will make it.

I dont think they will make wholesale changes for the last 2 games but I think Allan and McInnes have a future.

Markov is offically a spud now ... hopefuly get a 3 rd rounder for him Noble way ahead Schultz dropped - highy doubt it

"Highly doubt it"

Did you not really comprehend my post?

I'd personally love to see Ed come in and have a run for the next two weeks, real chance this week to give him some exposure next to Neale and Dunkley - 2 of the prime midfield movers in the comp. Be also interesting to have a look at a mix of Nick, Ned and Ed as a potential midfield trio for the future given all are 21-22 and (on paper at least) should seem to compliment each other quite well. Would also love Parker to also get a run ahead of Markov for the last two rounds.

Noble is an interesting one, seems to be a repeat of last year where he started the season really well and then slid out of form (and last year out of the side in the finals). Again started this season on fire, and looked like he was playing with a point to prove - but again his form has dropped away the last few months and if we were in finals contention his spot would again be seriously under threat. Is it a body not being able to get through a full season? Or a mental thing where he fatigues and switches off when it "gets too hard"? Strikes me as a player who's gulf between best and worst is far too wide, and doesn't hit the middle ground consistently enough atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back