Autopsy Round 24, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_1089.jpeg

Let’s keep this thread to today’s game.

Positives
  • Hutch to midfield was a revelation. Great call from Schofield at half time to put him in there. 18 disposals and a goal in the second half, when was the last time we had a mid go for 20 touches in a half? Hopefully we’ve found a string to his bow there.
  • Harley Reid is very good at football.
  • No substantial records fell

Negatives
  • Another game where we turn up and are done before we even fire a shot. Big loss was always on the cards with the teams selected today, but that first half effort and running was a disgrace.
  • Senior players not involved at all. A handful tried hard but way too many got off the plane completely unprepared to have a crack.
  • Very worried about Clay Hall’s kicking
  • Hough injury. Faaaark.

Could probably go way longer but not really worth it for that effort.

Seperate thread for season long autopsy coming up.

Sorry I put the mozz on that bloke who had a punt on 100 plus.
Cats playing bruise free 2nd half to get through to finals.
**** I hope David hough is ok :(

Positives:
Outscored Geelong in the 2nd half. But seriously, at half time I was thinking we could lose by 200.
Dewar is a great find for us
Hutchinson showed a lot
Harley good
Waterman all over the ground was good

Negatives:
Senior players are too slow or beyond it - need a clean out over the off season
Hough injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+
  • Rage quitting Kayo after last week saved me from watching this garbage
  • Another dogshit season done
  • Kept the loss under 100pts was an achievement I guess...
  • Nice to see that Hutch and Hall got a fair bit of the ball
  • Priority pick on the cards, lord knows we need it
-
  • Another dogshit season
  • Another horrorshow in Geelong
  • 100 points behind after half time

Positives:

Hutchinson.

Footy IQ and coachability. He is proof that’s a massive part of what you need. Let’s bloody focus on these attributes in the draft please.

All this talk about us having too many tall forwards, what’s his best position, him already being in credits club etc etc. He has a crack and can play footy - I’ll take that any day.

Well seasons over and it's a win for us since we didn't have any 100 point losses this season (unlike the top of the table Swans). No chance we were ever gonna win this game (we were lucky to not play them at that sh*thole in 2018). Hopefully we get priority picks at this stage. The team just simply is too soft in the contest and failing to spread out well. Too many times Geelong can carve us up because we are poorly placed to defend the transition and when we have the ball we are unable to transition as often.

Hutch move to the midfield probably prevented us from losing by a 100 points, he will be a star alongside Reid, Yeo, Hewett, Chesser, Kelly and even Ginbey should he play there and 2024 draftee especially that he's a big bodied player something that we'll lack without Yeo once he retires. Glad the season is over and we can look for the draft. Reid showed why he'll win a Brownlow at times. I think Dewar on the wing is an excellent decision because he usually uses the ball well and has some skills.

Positives:
Its done, now 5 weeks off before the intersting part of the season when we can hopefully turn over 10 players

Negatives:
Umpiring was a disgrace today. Wasnt going to change the result but holy shit thats disgusting
Yes totally agree about the umpiring.

Absolutely awful, biased in favour of the home team, what were the free kicks 28 - 8 ? All 50/50’s went in their favour, holding, interfering free kicks paid for nothing.

Dangerfield deliberately threw the ball away and got a fifty.

None of those umpires should be in the finals. Standard of umpiring is a blight on the game.

Somehow, still haven't lost by 100 points at KP. Cameron somehow couldn't kick 10. On balance, that's a W.

5-18 / 68% for the season which is, by a decent margin, our best season in three years.

And yet, it's looking like we will somehow still have played in the more finals series over the last five years than Freo.

We're so back.

Why are we lined up like lemmings at the end of the game for a game that has no milestone or retirement attached to it… have some dignity after having your pants pulled down and get off the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back