Autopsy Round 24, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

listening to backchat, masten was talking about teams that "have it" and those that don't, shortly after interesting he noted the "the very friendly" atmosphere at west coast. Of which I believe to be the biggest culprit in creating this shitty performance standard

They have one season to get rid of this insidious koombayah environment the credit coach created, do some soul searching, team culling, and coach sacking

I don't know if i posted it on this forum. But I like to claim credit for predicting hutch would he a good midfielder.

Smart footy iq means you can play anywhere. His athletic abilities means he can match it.

Only question mark on hutch mid is his cardio. Don't know if he has elite cardio

+ve - At the very least, the players fought back and won the second half when they could've just capitulated like Norf.
+ve - The second half was driven mostly from our younger players, which gives some hope for next year

-ve - Seniors were mostly putrid
-ve - Duggan and Allen. Love these blokes but we desperately need a captain who demands more and leads by example.

Pos
-Dewar
-Hutch
-I liked bbw game.
-Cheser off a back flank
- fought back could have been a 200pt
-Harley is awesome

Neg
-Darling/cripps force retire/trade
-Petrucelle ass
-Hough injury
-J.williams and Oscar not sighted
  • hall just has no idea
  • Kelly is weak as p***
  • senior players duggan/hunt sucked

I don't know if i posted it on this forum. But I like to claim credit for predicting hutch would he a good midfielder.

Smart footy iq means you can play anywhere. His athletic abilities means he can match it.

Only question mark on hutch mid is his cardio. Don't know if he has elite cardio
He wont have the cardio yet, didnt even play VFL until this year. Half a year of VFL and half a year of AFL wont get him there.
Next year hopefully we see him in there more, even if its just a rotation with Reid/Hewett/Kelly

Not many positives, but it could have been a lot uglier.

When we get a midfield around him, Reid up forward is going to be an immense weapon. Could have had 4-5 in the last with better delivery.

Hutchinson was good. Liked his game. Big tick going into the preseason.

Waterman’s 3rd quarter in particular was good. Good response from him.

I find it hard to be overly negative- it’s the end of a long year, with nothing to play for, at a really average place to play footy. It would be a tough grind especially since I imagine a few have more than a few niggles they are dealing with. But our pressure on the ball carrier was non existent, we let a very average Geelong team look like the 2011 version.

All I can hope is that Houghy is OK. Didn’t look good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

listening to backchat, masten was talking about teams that "have it" and those that don't, shortly after interesting he noted the "the very friendly" atmosphere at west coast. Of which I believe to be the biggest culprit in creating this shitty performance standard

They have one season to get rid of this insidious koombayah environment the credit coach created, do some soul searching, team culling, and coach sacking

Look our corporate song says it alll.. our club knows it’s more than winning.. … they live upto that at least

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Won’t dive into the negatives but positives were:

• Hutch on ball
  • Dewar wing
  • Chesser had some moments off HB
  • Maric oozes class
  • Harley forward

Whoever the new coach will be definitely has something to work with.

+ Hough, Bazzo, JWilliams, Ginbey, Long, Hewett, Johnston + 2 × R1 picks.

It's not a desert. They need a coach to set a standard and hold players accountable no matter their seniority.

He wont have the cardio yet, didnt even play VFL until this year. Half a year of VFL and half a year of AFL wont get him there.
Next year hopefully we see him in there more, even if its just a rotation with Reid/Hewett/Kelly

scary to think about how much progress he's made this calendar year in terms of his footy, and what he might do with a full AFL pre-season

Positives:
Its done, now 5 weeks off before the intersting part of the season when we can hopefully turn over 10 players

Negatives:
Umpiring was a disgrace today. Wasnt going to change the result but holy shit thats disgusting
27 free kicks to 9 is absolute crap. McBurney was a shit umpire and it looks like it has now dribbled down to all the umpires he is in charge of..
I haven't watched the game, What were the numbers of the umpires in charge today.

Geelong did burst out of the blocks and then cruise to a comfortable win, as I thought.

At half time though I fully expected them to put 35+ past us so to semi fight it out was pleasing somewhat.

Hope Houghs OK.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2024: Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back