Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Tylar Young

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 16 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Result pretty much as expected. Our failure to execute in the first half really hurt any chance we had. Pies 4 goals up effectively at half time and even though we got back to 3 points we were never really going to be able to withstand their response and it showed.

Credit to the young kids who got a crack at it against a good side in a big game. They didn't necessarily star and got caught out a few times due to inexperience, but the experience of playing that game will help with their development long term. In better conditions the pace from the likes of Clarke & Ralphsmith will have better impact, while Ross did well from just 66% TOG to have 23 disposals 8 marks & a goal and should hold his spot for next weeks game. Young made one bad error with his kick across goal to a teammate under the pump, probably stays in the side until Tarrant is right to go in a couple of weeks. Ryan is an interesting one, was subbed out for Cumberland, but we can't run with just one ruck so should stay especially if it's a dry game. As for Cumberland he probably stays given his impact when he came on, but as I've mentioned previously he needs to be able to impact the game when things aren't going our way.

Now for some of the older guys. Gee there are some worrying signs with a few of them. Grimes looks off the pace and doesn't seem his usual sure self when there is some heat around. Cotchin gave it everything like always, but he's no longer a go to midfielder, the role he played the first 2 weeks where he came on in bursts suits him much better as he was exposed a times against both younger and older opposition. Jack is another who is not having the type of impact we've come to expect but he still has the ability to get to the right spots to give himself a chance of having an impact. Not saying any of them should be sent packing as we're only 3 games into the season, but you can clearly see we're in the process of bringing in replacements for them with Young getting a run down back, Ryan up forward and the likes of Taranto and Hopper already in front of Cotchin.

Changes for next week

Out: Clarke Hugo Mansell
In: Martin Hopper

B: Young Balta Grimes
HB: Baker Vlastuin D.Rioli
C: Pickett Hopper McIntosh
HF: M.Rioli Graham Bolton
F: Ryan Martin Lynch
R: Nankervis Taranto Prestia
INT: Cotchin Riewoldt Ross Cumberland
Sub: Mansell

Same as the Gabba final last year.

Nank dominates McStay and we get no benefit for it.

Except he didn’t dominate. He hit it to Lachie Neale all night. Either he’s an idiot or Maric a bad coach.

No way we can be as poor at stoppages as we’ve been for the last 18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really need to rethink our forwardline set up. I have great concerns having Lynch. Riewoldt, Martin & Graham playing forward 50 means the ball gets taken away far to easily.
Our midfield is also disjointed, how do you win the Ruck and lose clearances? What the he'll is going on with our midfield set up? We need to look at what Collingwood do and swallow some pride and realise they have gone past us so is there something they do that we can use?
Our backline is left to clean up the mess from up field it's a only matter of time before they make an error and then we all pile in on them for a mistake.

Graham had an absolute mare of a game. Torched the ball and made horrendous decisions. We were very reactive to a white hot pies team.

Onwards and upwards

Out Nankervis gives us nothing in the ruck. Play Ryan 1st ruck with Miller 2nd ruck
Nank is a shit ruckman. Plain and simple. He is aggressive and combative at stoppages after the ruck contests, but overall he'd be one of the poorer rucks in the league.

I don’t want to see Maurice anywhere near the midfield unless he first goes back to the VFL and learns some awareness and disposal accuracy

His pressure is great but sadly I feel we have been seduced a bit by his surname.
I’m seduced by his full name, because his old man was one of the best I’ve seen…I’m hopeful he’ll keep progressing…He’s kind of been type-cast as a chase and tackle animal…He just needs a bit more see ball, get ball…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roast match selections

Wet game - lets play three talls. Lol it was pissing down wel before it started.

Cumberland robbed all year. Perfect to get him in we dont. Until its too late. Narrow minded cos he cant play with dusty? He’s arguably better full time forward currently than him.

Not fair on ryan. Should have made the call before the game. Even subbing him, inreckon he was going better than nank who was having a mare.

Nank had 20 touches, 7 clearances and 7 tackles. He’s certainly not great at hit outs I’ll concede that, but it was hardy a ‘mare’.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nank is a s**t ruckman. Plain and simple. He is aggressive and combative at stoppages after the ruck contests, but overall he'd be one of the poorer rucks in the league.
He's athletic and strong and can mark around the ground. The problem is the midfield.

Battled the game out in sec half after being well beaten first half ,went small in attack and surprise surprise thought cumbo form made a bit of a dill of dimma, first 6p would have been all score involved or assist , looked so dangerous
surely he won’t l,eave him out again , rossy and Clarke both good too. We should have changed the tall f50 setup at 1/4 time as it was dead set useless , anyways we were competitive with a bit to take out of it one way or another

Nank had 20 touches, 7 clearances and 7 tackles. He’s certainly not great at hit outs I’ll concede that, but it was hardy a ‘mare’.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He had 40 hitouts and we were well beaten in the midfield. Rather play Ryan.

Result pretty much as expected. Our failure to execute in the first half really hurt any chance we had. Pies 4 goals up effectively at half time and even though we got back to 3 points we were never really going to be able to withstand their response and it showed.

Credit to the young kids who got a crack at it against a good side in a big game. They didn't necessarily star and got caught out a few times due to inexperience, but the experience of playing that game will help with their development long term. In better conditions the pace from the likes of Clarke & Ralphsmith will have better impact, while Ross did well from just 66% TOG to have 23 disposals 8 marks & a goal and should hold his spot for next weeks game. Young made one bad error with his kick across goal to a teammate under the pump, probably stays in the side until Tarrant is right to go in a couple of weeks. Ryan is an interesting one, was subbed out for Cumberland, but we can't run with just one ruck so should stay especially if it's a dry game. As for Cumberland he probably stays given his impact when he came on, but as I've mentioned previously he needs to be able to impact the game when things aren't going our way.

Now for some of the older guys. Gee there are some worrying signs with a few of them. Grimes looks off the pace and doesn't seem his usual sure self when there is some heat around. Cotchin gave it everything like always, but he's no longer a go to midfielder, the role he played the first 2 weeks where he came on in bursts suits him much better as he was exposed a times against both younger and older opposition. Jack is another who is not having the type of impact we've come to expect but he still has the ability to get to the right spots to give himself a chance of having an impact. Not saying any of them should be sent packing as we're only 3 games into the season, but you can clearly see we're in the process of bringing in replacements for them with Young getting a run down back, Ryan up forward and the likes of Taranto and Hopper already in front of Cotchin.

Changes for next week

Out: Clarke Hugo Mansell
In: Martin Hopper

B: Young Balta Grimes
HB: Baker Vlastuin D.Rioli
C: Pickett Hopper McIntosh
HF: M.Rioli Graham Bolton
F: Ryan Martin Lynch
R: Nankervis Taranto Prestia
INT: Cotchin Riewoldt Ross Cumberland
Sub: Mansell
Thing is Cumberland made things go our way. He won contests forward of the ball and did the right things with ball in hand.

They really need to rethink our forwardline set up. I have great concerns having Lynch. Riewoldt, Martin & Graham playing forward 50 means the ball gets taken away far to easily.
Our midfield is also disjointed, how do you win the Ruck and lose clearances? What the he'll is going on with our midfield set up? We need to look at what Collingwood do and swallow some pride and realise they have gone past us so is there something they do that we can use?
Our backline is left to clean up the mess from up field it's an only matter of time before they make an error and then we all pile in on them for a mistake.
Yea no surprise it functioned better when juddy and cumbo went forward sec half

Nank is a s**t ruckman. Plain and simple. He is aggressive and combative at stoppages after the ruck contests, but overall he'd be one of the poorer rucks in the league.
He was the dominant ruck on the ground tonight in conditions that didn't suit talls at all.

Some of his stats to back up this opinion:

39 hitouts
20 touches (11 contested)
7 tackles (equal most on the ground)
30 pressure acts (second most on the ground)

He was the dominant ruck on the ground tonight in conditions that didn't suit talls at all.

Some of his stats to back up this opinion:

39 hitouts
20 touches (11 contested)
7 tackles (equal most on the ground)
30 pressure acts (second most on the ground)
Nank is a good wet weather player said that before the game

Josh Jenkins on the armchair experts.

Funny GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 3 Roast & Toast v Collingwood and changes for Footscray

Back