Preview Round 4 Carlton vs Essendon 16/4/11

Remove this Banner Ad

lolly. stupid thing to say.

Is it really that stupid LOLLY?

Expecting rain, heavy ground, Hille coming off what would be a 3 week break. Hille Ryder and Bellchambers in the one side coming off a 6 day & 3 week break means 1 less runner.

I think we have reason to be quietly hoping.

you have no idea. Back to the tin shed.

In all seriousness, yeah I think it's a bit silly to say you'd hope Hille is playing. Given his form in Rd.1 off the back of a similar short injury period, not sure the wet will make much a difference to having him in, given his ability to take marks and get the ball inside 50. Could work in our favour. Just my opinion. Hopefully it's a cracker of a game.

I can cite the match between ourselves and Port a couple of years ago here when not only did we get not 1 free kick from Nicholls, but, got pinged every time he had control of the play.

Makes McLaren look like an angel by comparison.

Well maybe if you guys weren't prancing around diving for free kicks, he may have given you a free kick.

Secondly, throwing the ball in the air and shrieking is NOT correct disposal, contrary to popular Essendon belief.

While he didn't name names, Parko didn't hold back tonight on 'AFL Teams' re Blues players he reckons took short steps against the Pies.

Cannot happen this wkend.

betts-didnt go hard enough when attempting that mark about 35m out
russell-loose ball beaten by shaw
gibbs-kicked the ball in mid air at chf straight to opposition had plenty of time to pick it up
we can play hard when we want but its not a good look when we pull out and i hate hearing someone like parko saying were soft,its why i love players like robbo and army despite their disposal not being as clean as it should be

betts-didnt go hard enough when attempting that mark about 35m out
russell-loose ball beaten by shaw
gibbs-kicked the ball in mid air at chf straight to opposition had plenty of time to pick it up
we can play hard when we want but its not a good look when we pull out and i hate hearing someone like parko saying were soft,its why i love players like robbo and army despite their disposal not being as clean as it should be
as we have seen recently with Coll & Haw when it comes off the player is described as miraculous but when it doesn't it is a low % poor option and lazy footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well maybe if you guys weren't prancing around diving for free kicks, he may have given you a free kick.

Secondly, throwing the ball in the air and shrieking is NOT correct disposal, contrary to popular Essendon belief.

No... correct disposal for a bummers player is to shriek loudly, throw the ball away, do a nice pirouette and then fall to the ground holding their face... peeking through their fingers to see if the umpire has given them a positive score by blowing his whistle...

At that point they will bound to their feet and run back behind the mark with nary a scratch on them.

Waiting to see how the weather pans out tonight and early tomorrow morning for the sub. At this stage its Collins most likely the sub again. Walker the other, but at this stage it is likely that he will line up against Fletcher.

Walker seems to be rattens scapegoat, i dont like the way he is being treated, why doesnt he ever get consecutive games to settle into a position, why doesnt he get more midfield time? i'd like to see a stat of the most amount of consecutive games walker has played, he seems to be crucified for having quiet games, why is it that they expect so much of him, players like simmo who have 100+ consecutuve games, gibbs would also be close to that, as well as murph and judd, walker was a high draft pick just like murph and gibbs, so why doesnt he get consecutive games to settle into a position like the rest of them, i dont remember him playing more than 15 consecutive games in any position, i know he didnt get dropped, but the fact that he is in contention to be the sub, as well as being subbed off last week, when he was FARR from being worst on ground.

you also mentioned that ratten was fired up at betts, thornton and walker, why doesnt he get fired up at carrazzo, he gave away something like 6 frees and would be my guess at most clangers per disposal on the ground last week, it just feels like ratts has his favourites (carrots), and his not so favourites...(walks and thornton)

Walker seems to be rattens scapegoat, i dont like the way he is being treated, why doesnt he ever get consecutive games to settle into a position, why doesnt he get more midfield time? i'd like to see a stat of the most amount of consecutive games walker has played, he seems to be crucified for having quiet games, why is it that they expect so much of him, players like simmo who have 100+ consecutuve games, gibbs would also be close to that, as well as murph and judd, walker was a high draft pick just like murph and gibbs, so why doesnt he get consecutive games to settle into a position like the rest of them, i dont remember him playing more than 15 consecutive games in any position, i know he didnt get dropped, but the fact that he is in contention to be the sub, as well as being subbed off last week, when he was FARR from being worst on ground.

you also mentioned that ratten was fired up at betts, thornton and walker, why doesnt he get fired up at carrazzo, he gave away something like 6 frees and would be my guess at most clangers per disposal on the ground last week, it just feels like ratts has his favourites (carrots), and his not so favourites...(walks and thornton)

Walker is getting a game this week. .. Thornton, who had a much better game, got dropped. .. So I cannot see where Walker is a Scapegoat comes in. .. Further, Walker was the worst on the field last week (besides maybe Collins). .. Even Watson had more influence on the play. .. Walker's lack of game time has been more due to injury than form over the years. ..

Carrots was pretty poor though and I would hope he has copped it this week as well for his ill disciplined behaviour. ..

Walker is getting a game this week. .. Thornton, who had a much better game, got dropped. .. So I cannot see where Walker is a Scapegoat comes in. .. Further, Walker was the worst on the field last week (besides maybe Collins). .. Even Watson had more influence on the play. .. Walker's lack of game time has been more due to injury than form over the years. ..

Carrots was pretty poor though and I would hope he has copped it this week as well for his ill disciplined behaviour. ..

Thornton is too slow for Essendon, one self should be aware of this.:thumbsu:

Thornton is too slow for Essendon, one self should be aware of this.:thumbsu:

Probably correct, I would have had him as the sub though because we're short for height as it is. .. Ratts obviously has a plan in mind and I think we'll still get the 4pts, so all good. .. Was mainly just pointing out that its an exaggeration to think Walks is a scapegoat. ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 4 Carlton vs Essendon 16/4/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back