Autopsy Round 5 v Melbourne, Roast, Toast & Changes for Adelaide

Best players v Melbourne

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

First 5 minutes they were all on their feet screaming for a free kick that just wasn't there.
I think they really do see this game as their grand final. Just a little overexcited. But they don't go to the footy much, so cut them some slack.
Oh and they had their usual "clap the guy coming to the bench" shit going as well in Q3. Smacks of arrogance. Didn't hear it in Q4

That free he gave away to Hogan was embarassing - yes, Hogan had him beaten, but at least make him mark it - don't just throw him to the ground and hope the ump shows some sympathy

Why not? Worked at the other end when Jack was spear tackled.

Might have been happy after the event but typical commentator during it **** him and his good blokenness

Maybe working in the media industry dulls my perception, but outside maybe three blokes (who I'll nominate as Dwayne Russell, Gary Lyon and Paul Roos - who was filthy after last night's game), I just don't see any obvious hate or bias, or us being treated differently to any other team that is on an upwards curve.
I know some people on here don't like it, so I'll be brief and not harp on it, but last season was a cluster**** from start to finish and we deserved a lot of the negative press and the microscope we were under. We've done a lot of good - and I would say - obvious things (that is, Jack at full forward where he belongs, bringing in Balme, bringing in Caracella, bringing back Leppitsch as an assistant, and promoting some youth) and they have been duly recognised by the media.
What's more - and if someone can point me in the right direction - I haven't heard or read (and I read three-four newspapers a day) any of this nonsense some Tiger fans constantly spew out about 'they'll say we haven't played anyone', 'if we beat Adelaide is becuase Talia is out', 'we only beat West Coast because it rained'. Nor do I hear other fans saying it - it's our own.
I can only conclude we have been down so long we have the inferiority complex and same chip on our shoulders that the Bulldogs and Saints fans had for all those years without a premiership.

Out : Elton, Markov , Menadue

In: Chol, Vlos, Lloyd

Have we get an idea on the return dates of Edwards and Hammer?

The second forward role is really stumping us, purely as forwards it would be idea to just play Lloyd, Lennon or Edwards instead of the big second forward but we need the ruck chop out for Nank

Time to give Chol a go I think but going forward what is the best option Chol? Grif? Hampson? Maric? Soldo?

Still think Lloyd and Edwards are in our best forwards

If Chol is not ready - I would look at Maric. Smart (will keep out of Jack's way). Gives a contest. Can ruck. And if he does take a mark inside 50 - can kick.

First 5 minutes they were all on their feet screaming for a free kick that just wasn't there.
I think they really do see this game as their grand final. Just a little overexcited. But they don't go to the footy much, so cut them some slack.
Oh and they had their usual "clap the guy coming to the bench" shit going as well in Q3. Smacks of arrogance. Didn't hear it in Q4
Yeah they mix their sports up completely...
Just like clapping the skier as he skies down hill beautifully...
Sums the club up well...

If Chol is not ready - I would look at Maric. Smart (will keep out of Jack's way). Gives a contest. Can ruck. And if he does take a mark inside 50 - can kick.
Have loved Maric but if we play Maric as a forward we will practically start the game 1 player down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt already been posted but bugger it....
View attachment 362190

Guys, I have something really embarassing to admit. After getting home from the game last night, I tucked myself into bed and I decided to put the Richmond theme song on repeat.
Then, I started chanting "5 and 0, 5 and 0, 5 and 0, 5 and 0!".
It started out like a slow clap, and it just got faster, and faster, and faster, and FASTER, AND FASTER AND FASTER AND THEN....

I creamed myself...

Exciting times to be a Tiges supporter! Bring on Adelaide next week!

Nank is a chance to be one of our best recruits of all time. What a ******* gun.

He is a BEAST.....Love what he brings at ground level. Like another mid & some of his hard running to pressure was just outrageous....Just have no idea where his ceiling is. That is very exciting....

Can't believe we won.

Very frustrating game to watch. Pretty concerned with our reversion back to our 2016 game style for the first 3 quarters. Too much overuse of the footy and too much handballing. I don't understand why we do this...we put ourselves under so much pressure. Skill level concerns me.

All the same, good to see us pull our socks up in the last and get back to playing the way we want to be playing this season. We would have lost that game in years gone by. Love the passion and the intensity.

Melbourne are a good side and will be challenging over the next couple seasons. But it was so good to beat them. So many wannabe tough guys, with Viney leading from the front. Hope he gets flattened one of these days. He's overrated. More of the same from melkshem - needs to be put back in his place. With more quality young players coming through, jones is being exposed for what he is - average. Over the moon that everybody has finally stopped raving about Bernie vince. Can only tag or play lose man in defence. Clayton Oliver is a gun. That's it from me.

One of our greatest wins of recent times.
Won like a good team should.
Absorb the pressure and then cash in.
Houli last quarter sensational.
Jack brilliant.
Loved Grigga.
Conca.. please God let him stay fit. What a great player he is in the tough tight situations.
Little fellas stayed tuned in and killed them late.
Cotchin was great second half.
Rancey was Rancey and Dave was great when he went forward.
I even really loved Eltons commitment to the contest all night but he is struggling.
A lot of positives.

Did u miss much Rodney? I know u were getting pissed off with transport. God what a comeback, hope u got there

VFL practice games and Nth Ballarat. Long long long way off AFL standard.
Also done it in the club intra match.
People have been gifted games for much less. ie: Elton
Regardless of who he did it against he still did it. Just like our seniors you can only perform against who is in front of you and Soldo has performed.
His body is more AFL ready than Chols.
Chol will be seniors ready soon but not yet.
As a third option yes but not our 2nd target.

Think we need to get our heads around Elton staying in and probably most of the season.
Chol really isn't ready.
And I guess we are winning with Elton in the side .
Also it has to be kept in perspective. He is playing the toughest spot on the ground and has no experience. Tom Boyd cost $1m per year and played the same way for most of his games and then came up roses when it mattered most.
Obviously not comparing the two ability wise but honestly the expectation on Elton within the actual team would be to make contests. Anything he grabs would be a bonus.

Did u miss much Rodney? I know u were getting pissed off with transport. God what a comeback, hope u got there
I had to go home and watch it. I would have got there late as it ended up being a debacle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 5 v Melbourne, Roast, Toast & Changes for Adelaide

Back