Preview Round 7, 2020: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Monday 20th July, 7:40PM AEST *BYRNES DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geary was a huge reason why we beat Carlton. Possessions dont tell the whole story. And the leadership he showed was clear.

And he's captain so he won't be dropped anyway.
"Geary was a huge reason why we beat Carlton". In a word, NO. Yes Geary scored the two goals early in the game for which he deserves some credit, but for the rest of the match he was hardly sighted. He was poor against Fremantle on Saturday and on recent form he should be dropped.
Agree that he won't because he is captain, but in my view he's not in our best 22 players.

People worried about debuting two players in Adelaide... Firstly, that's just soft. Secondly, it's much better than sitting still on a bus for three hours then running out to play. They'll be fine.

If playing the bottom winless side is too scary to debut kids against, we might as well give up now and save the trip to SA.

I see a low sheen finish where it is warranted while all you see is high gloss. I do not agree with you and the fact you don't even know what constitutes a clanger says a lot.
As I said above, you've counted the free kicks against twice.

We don't agree with each other, but you are wrong.

"Geary was a huge reason why we beat Carlton". In a word, NO. Yes Geary scored the two goals early in the game for which he deserves some credit, but for the rest of the match he was hardly sighted. He was poor against Fremantle on Saturday and on recent form he should be dropped.
Agree that he won't because he is captain, but in my view he's not in our best 22 players.
He completely blanked their most in-form player in Docherty while also hurting Carlton on the scoreboard. He doesnt stop Docherty, it is a completely different game.

His last 3 games - stopped JJ for the dogs, stopped Docherty and kicked 2 goals, poor against Freo.

recent form suggests he had one down game but did his role perfectly in his previous two outings and isn't close to being dropping.

It wasn't his job to be sighted, he was playing as a defensive forward.

The fact his direct opponent was hardly sighted says more about his game.

Yep fair enough

baffled how that ranga Geelong bloke got cleared for two incidents?

To save the umpires embarrassment at their shit umpiring.

Well said mate. I'm of a similar view. Yes its only 1 game but this group still has a long way to go. The sooner we transition geary, ross and build our midfield around byrnes, bytel etc the better it will be.
Im with you there. Think Narkles said something to that effect in the Autopsy too. Just not sure there is any coming back from that for 2020.

Will take something really significant for me to buy back in this year. For now I'm back to watching for glimpses from the kids, and riding out time until certain players are transitioned out.

Fair point mate - hard to argue.
Lenny was elite though guess the only way to judge the 2 lads is to throw them into the fire and see

Byrnes is my boy, he's elite. He'll run rings around the Marmalade Crows. He'll put those lazy arse soft ***** like Hill and Ross in his GPS neck-pocket and carry them along with him and still have time to castrate a Crouch or two with his pace.

Well said mate. I'm of a similar view. Yes its only 1 game but this group still has a long way to go. The sooner we transition geary, ross and build our midfield around byrnes, bytel etc the better it will be.
I feel sorry for these guys. The way some are talking about them they are a hiding to nothing. They were late picks. You would swear they were picks one and two.

For posters calling for dropping of king, pull your head in. He is the reason why our small forwards are even getting a look in. For a first yr forward he gives us contest after contest, kicked 2 goals on weitering who is arguably the best def in the comp right now. King plays every game he can along with clark, coff, billings, battle etc. They are our future to build a team around.

They are not but what we hear either from supporters that get to training or reported by club media is all positive. And there is only one way to find out if they are any good or not is by giving them exposure.
I feel sorry for these guys. The way some are talking about them they are a hiding to nothing. They were late picks. You would swear they were picks one and two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are not but what we hear either from supporters that get to training or reported by club media is all positive. And there is only one way to find out if they are any good or not is by giving them exposure.
That’s fine but watch some turn if they struggle. As I said yesterday some are either higher than joe cocker when we win or lower than my bank balance when we lose. I’m glad footballers don’t read the crap on here. They would be to scared to play.

He completely blanked their most in-form player in Docherty while also hurting Carlton on the scoreboard. He doesnt stop Docherty, it is a completely different game.

His last 3 games - stopped JJ for the dogs, stopped Docherty and kicked 2 goals, poor against Freo.

recent form suggests he had one down game but did his role perfectly in his previous two outings and isn't close to being dropping.

Yet there are a wave of users on this forum wanting him out of the team and pissed at the fact he is protected because of his captaincy. Contradicts what you believe.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, he did do both but he looks slower and banged up. He's playing the sort of role you'd have given to one of those not quite best 22 players that gets a go by injury. Like sending Tom Curren to play against the fifth best player so that you limit his lesser qualities. It's looking like the end is nigh for Gears and while he was a good stand in captain in a pretty lean time and an absolute warrior, he's the past not the future. I hope he retires next year and we can start to settle on a captain that will take us out of the old days.

I have backed Ross over and over too, he's made me look stupid time and time again. He was looking like he was going to be a very good player, now he doesn't look like he'd be on any other sides senior list. If our leadership were cars, Gears would be a 1980s Hilux that had about 750,000 kms on the clock and bits falling off. Seb would be a Daewoo with a cheap spoiler kit and missing muffler that makes it sound tough but the 1200cc motor would struggle not to stall if you let the clutch out too fast.

That’s fine but watch some turn if they struggle. As I said yesterday some are either higher than joe cocker when we win or lower than my bank balance when we lose. I’m glad footballers don’t read the crap on here. They would be to scared to play.

Good they should plaster their walls with it. Save us the shame of watching them.

For posters calling for dropping of king, pull your head in. He is the reason why our small forwards are even getting a look in. For a first yr forward he gives us contest after contest, kicked 2 goals on weitering who is arguably the best def in the comp right now. King plays every game he can along with clark, coff, billings, battle etc. They are our future to build a team around.
I don’t think he’ll be dropped this week - he will be managed

It wasn't his job to be sighted, he was playing as a defensive forward.

The fact his direct opponent was hardly sighted says more about his game.
I don't see where this ("It wasn't his job to be sighted") should be the role of the captain of a side. It's my view that a captain should be an inspiration to a side and a player who can win the ball and be creative with it. Geary does not tick this box unfortunately.

Yet there are a wave of users on this forum wanting him out of the team and pissed at the fact he is protected because of his captaincy. Contradicts what you believe.
I didnt want Geary to be captain. But the people who see him around the club and are directly impacted by him being captain voted him in. I moved on because their options are more valid than mine.

Not sure what that has to do with his past 3 games and him successfully doing two defensive jobs in two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back