Duggan is putting together a decent season after a slow start
Yeo has another great game
Harry Edwards showed more than I thought he would
Waterman and his 4 sausage rolls
Hough
Ryan got through his first game

Negatives
Destroyed in the ruck
Feel like once they turned off the tap and we couldn’t score from stoppage we had no other avenue to goal.
Ball movement was stifled for large chunks.
Chesser and Ginbey quieter than I would have liked.

• POSITIVES
  • First half. Hung in there despite trailing in some key areas, clearances, tap-outs, tackles...etc
  • Yeo. The hung off him all day,19 dispoals and 18 of them were contested.
  • No injuries
  • Waterman. Just going from strength to strength.
  • Forwards. Hit the scoreboard with limited opportunities.
  • Darling. Congrats on becoming the second all time goal kicker for the club. Well earned.
  • Duggan. Disposal at times can be a little iffy but having a career best year to date.
  • Petch was pretty solid too.
  • Ryan. I know he was quiet but so good to have him back.

• NEGATIVES
  • Second half. Ran out of steam sadly, last couple of minutes not reflective of the overall game.
  • Witherden. Did not impress today, got outmatched by his opponent for most of the day.
  • Brockman. I don't know what to think of this kid yet. Maybe a stint in the twos to help build his confidence.
  • B.Williams. Out-rucked today by a very good opponent. It's going to happen.
  • High free kicks. Very sloppy today. Umps didn't give us much be we were very careless too.
  • Broken tackles. Definitely something that requires constant work.

Overall i am pleased with the effort. Long ass trip for the boys and to go in to that game without our Key back, Ruck, Dynamic Mid and Full forward against a side who hasn't lost at home and is at full strength was pleasing. Gave it all, left it all on the field.

Bring on the Bombers.
Agree on most, not Witho though. He's has a good few weeks bar a few moments

Sent from my Nokia X30 5G using Tapatalk

4 touches from Brockman is a bit how ya going.

I've given him a bit of a pass this year as I feel it hasn't really clicked for him, but the potential was there with the class. However, to maintain selection integrity he should probably spend a stint at the beagles.

4 touches, 4 tackles, 3 clangers, no score.

I think the effort was there but there was too much fumbling and poor execution.

Don’t think we went into the game thinking it was winnable and it probably wasn’t.

The umpiring favoring the home team crueled us.
If we think it isnt winnable it isn't that's for sure. Umpires only penalised our lazy and at times very dumb efforts.

4 touches from Brockman is a bit how ya going.

I've given him a bit of a pass this year as I feel it hasn't really clicked for him, but the potential was there with the class. However, to maintain selection integrity he should probably spend a stint at the beagles.

4 touches, 4 tackles, 3 clangers, no score.
Brockman out for a Johnston debut?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the usual ball butchers off HBF I didn’t mind that for that 22, just ran out of legs carrying underdone Ryan and Sheed along with having so many talls. We should have used the sub at half time and it should have been Johnston. When Flynn is back that entire game turns on its head. We can set up more offensively but more importantly Suns have to set up more defensively. With Flynn, Harley, TB and Oscar back we win that game. Don’t think GCS were missing any stars.

Snake, Duggo and Yeo were very good. TK lacked discipline and made some very bad decisions and errors for a bloke with his skill and footy IQ. Chesser a couple of times found himself with the ball in a great position to attack the corridor with his athleticism, needs the confidence to take the game on.

I also can’t think of a more one sided example of umpiring in recent memory.

The one thing I did notice that was lacking a good deal today was the celebration of actions on field.
Thing like smothers, goals, good one percenters actions were not celebrated anywhere near as much as has been the last 3 weeks.

I think Long and Reid both excel in the "vibe and positivity"

The one thing I did notice that was lacking a good deal today was the celebration of actions on field.
Thing like smothers, goals, good one percenters actions were not celebrated anywhere near as much as has been the last 3 weeks.

I think Long and Reid both excel in the "vibe and positivity"
They’ve gone back to expecting it to just happen

Only watched the first half.

Positives

Waterman
Petruccelle 10 tackles
Darling pushed Suma into 3rd all time goal kickers
We didnt get flogged even though the Suns had an extra 4 players. 18 points late in the 4th
We won stoppage clearences
No injuries

Negatives

One sided umpiring and soft soft frees......for one team.

Interesting that Yeo 74% and Kelly 70% time on ground. Being careful managing loads?

Hopefully Long, Harley and TB back next week.

Last edited:
Positives:
  • First half.
  • First half, beast mode Yeo in particular.
  • Goal accuracy.
  • J-Train doing J-Train things.
  • Flyin' Ryan's warmed up for next week.
  • Harry Edwards performed better than expected.
  • Rotham again did his job and looks he could still be an asset.
  • Hough.
  • Sheed will likely join Gaff in the WAFL for the rest of the year.
  • Next week looking like a bounceback winnable game is a nice change from '22 and '23. (How good would winning 3 out of 4 be!?)
  • Another week closer to getting our best lineup out there. (Allen, Flynn, Barrass, H.Reid, Hewett, Long etc. missing today)

Negatives:
  • Luke Edwards isn't it. Not defensive, not offensive. Not sure what he's bringing yet.
  • Jack Williams needs to go learn how to kick bags in the WAFL ala J-Train.
  • Brockman might be worth persisting with in the mains, but has continued to be playing below expectation.
  • Hunt had his worst match of the year and probably needs a rest.
  • Kelly had his worst match of the year and probably needs a rest.
  • BBW got toweled.
  • Cole is unheralded as a defender, but his disposal is woeful. Having no teammates with elite foot skills demanding the handoff from him is letting him try to do too much.
  • Chesser being subbed off for Sheed.
  • Sheed was exactly what we feared.
  • The GCS players in green will poll the 3, 2, & 1 votes which makes Yeo miss out on the Brownlow.

Tk has been really underwhelming this year. He has had games he’s got plenty but butchered the ball. He’s also had games where he just has been quiet. Really expected him to thrive and be that classy receiver with Yeo and Reid in the side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back