Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Hinkley was hoping like hell that the loss would be swept under the carpet and quickly forgotten. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the amount of flack he’s copped in the media including the Vic media. And the attacks have continued this morning.

He’ll be hating the criticism because he’s mentally fragile. And he’s powerless to turn things around. He’ll tinker around the edges but nothing will fundamentally change.

Hinkley is his own worst enemy.
He deserves this in spades and hopefully he will never hold another job in professional footy again. He should forever be blacklisted after treating the pafc as his personal atm. He needs to be driven out if this state ASAP. You get what you deserve.

He absolutely won’t be coaching next season.
Tredrea’s comments and attitude showed that even the insiders know this.

The only question is what needs to happen for him to be booted DURING the season.

If there is an intended handover to Carr, surely giving him the rest of the season to audition is the better move.

You give Carr a chance to show its different.

Ken waiting until the end of the year doesn't do that.

I don't want Carr unless I can see it's different.

I just hope he’s sacked before or after I go on holiday overseas, because I really don’t want to miss the party when he finally gets given the arse.
Pizza and peroni!

THAT was when you knew we were in trouble?

Not 'the greatest ever win' in Rd. 1 2019 against a team that finished the year 17th?

Not capitulating completely in finals every single year we have made them?

Not when we traded in Brandon Zerk Thatcher, Ivan Soldo, Jordan Sweet, and Esava Ratugolea and expected them to be the magic missing jigsaw piece? Just like Lycett, and Ryder, and Rockliff, and Motlop, and Aliir, and Finlayson, and Dixon, and Polec before them?

Not when we didn't even turn up the night we were supposed to honour our best ever players passing?

Not when we let Ben Brown kick 10 goals on our way to a near 100 point loss when we were one win away from playing finals in 2019?

Should I go on?

200w.gif

Can you see david Koch actually admitting he was wrong to extend Hinkleys contract last year.

He and so many others at the club and the media loved being able to stick a finger in the eyes of the supporters last year when they won 13 games ( including tredders).

Do you really think he and others can put aside their egoes and do what’s best for PAFC?

No chance.
Hinkley ain’t going no where.
Therein lies the major part of the problem, ie a narcissistic ego tripper like koch ever being able to admit how wrong he was.

Unless kern pulls the pin on himself which is highly unlikely, he will see out his contract in front of almost certainly ever dwindling crowds, and in the process set the club back even further.

Hinkley was hoping like hell that the loss would be swept under the carpet and quickly forgotten. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the amount of flack he’s copped in the media including the Vic media. And the attacks have continued this morning.

He’ll be hating the criticism because he’s mentally fragile. And he’s powerless to turn things around. He’ll tinker around the edges but nothing will fundamentally change.

Hinkley is his own worst enemy.

He's probably on the phone to his mentor as we speak...

"Blighty, whatcha reckon i should do?"

"Well kenny, if i was in your shoes, i'd turn the whole team around, really shake things up. Play all the forwards in defence, and all the defenders as forwards."

"Gee Willackers, why didn't i think of that!!!"

There are a million questions to be asked but at the moment, the main two are:

1. Has the playing group and most importantly, our top players stopped playing for the coach?
2. And what follow is why? Is it as simple as they know the gameplan is poor and they are sick of it, compounding that is it the selections of average and poor players who are gifted games and they are fed up or is it a kinda schism between the young and up and coming group who are the reason for our 'success' recently versus the old mob who refuse to give up the ghost and take the young guys spots.

Interesting times down at the club.

The way the Boys Club has operated in the past is that they weather these types of storms, throw out some propaganda and hope the boys find form usually by playing for Ken but if the playing group has quit on the coach and coaching staff, nothing will stop them from putting in putrid efforts to hasten the humility of losing badly so Kenny 'The Failure' Hinkley can unceremoniously exit the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's left for defending him?

The players love him? They don't seem to respect him as a coach with performances like that.

Winning percentage? It might be better than Williams' but he hasn't even made a Grand Final. Most supporters look back at the single flag as a failure to capitalise on the 2001-2004 period.

Record: Most games coached in the VFL/AFL WITHOUT making a Grand Final..

262 games = Ken Hinkley.

Even Luke Beveridge (2 GF's & 1 Premiership) and Adam Simpson (2 GF's & 1 Premiership) have done better than him.

I feel sorry for Port supporters, they've put up with this farce for long enough. Change is needed now. Massive reset and refresh. Ken's done all he can for Port Adelaide but it's over.

"That's where the trouble starts..." 😬

Kane Cornes unpacks Port Adelaide's 'horror show'

Calls Port Adelaide supporters "Are one of the most fickle supporters in the competition"

📺 AFL

View attachment 2027584
Fickle. It's been 11 years. If we were truely fickle he'd have been getting booed from round 1 2018.
This is the worst thing about this, Ken and co have driven this club into a wall while the fans have been pointing out what's wrong for the last 6 years. We keep showing up to watch the car wreck but are painted as a hoard of ungrateful ferals

"Port fans have wanted blood for years even when the club has been performing well."

Isn't that the opposite of fickle?

Eleven threads and One hundred thousand posts shows extreme dedication and commitment to the cause.

Fickle.......

f17333d4-4c7d-4150-984a-d0c449132b0f_text.gif

Any rumours of an emergency board meeting?

I don’t think he will be sacked, he will walk. But I’m not convinced it will be this week.

Why would he walk when he has 75% of a contract to go? Plus he knows the board won’t fire him.

There's got to be a meeting, surely. We're not serious if there isn't.

You can't watch a slide like this unfold and do nothing. Even at Port.

If there is indeed an emergency board meeting, not all of the board members have been notified.

So I would suggest no meeting is going to happen.

Hate to bust all your balls, but it's going to take more losses before such a meeting takes place.

Damo called Ken stoic and it finally dawned on me that Kenny does remind me of Marcus Aurelius.

Hows that for fickle you campaigners

Ken looks "a bit tired, a bit fatigued" not even a 3rd into his new contract......

So who's decision was it again to recommend he stay on a couple more years?

Where the f*€> is the accountability down there?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He always looks "tired and fatigued". It goes with the territory of living on a steady diet of battered fish, salty chips, Mars Bars, and Coke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back