Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Kochie, the man who loves stability, will be clearly challenged by a supporter revolt. Clamour in the media will force him to act - either to guarantee Ken's tenure or to end it. As others have noted, that pressure needs to be widespread and consistent. I think it also needs to be multifaceted.

Getting stats/talking points/rebuttals together, calling up talkback in SA and Vic.
  • Port's record in finals: 2 wins in a decade. 5-7 record chief among them.
  • Record without making a GF.
  • Port's extensive premiership/GF drought, mainly presided over by KH.

Banner's along the Hill, eastern stand, south-eastern pocket. Would be massive for media looking for images. Suggestions:

Sack Hinkley
The Creed is dead
Wrong Man Standing
Sack Hinkley
PAFC not KHFC
Sack Hinkley

Would love to see it take on Bob Neil levels of spread: Wimbeldon or outside the Tory's end-of-night function in the UK, sidelines of the tour de frence, at the Sunrise street window.

And last but not least, online. Get the data out there, tag journos, especially ones in Adelaide but also those in Victoria who are looking to whip up clicks and soundbytes. These bastards are clearly lazy, otherwise they would hae been talking about the data already. If it takes us to feed it to them then great - its no different than what the club is doing via Caro Kane and Gerard.

Greetings trendsetters, interested readers and fellow kampaigners

Long time no Loony, been busy, getting frustrated. Got to lance the boil that is kern.

So things are finally starting to turn, after at least 7 agonizing years too many of the fraudulent one. In turn the fraudulent one is protected by other fraudulent ones. And so it goes. My head hurts, my fists clench, my blood boils. Possibly time to lay off the bath salts. Or maybe not.

I feel I have no other choice but to bust out the very jumper in my avatar pic.

Anyone else planning to go to the game?

SACK HINKLEY

Kochie, the man who loves stability, will be clearly challenged by a supporter revolt. Clamour in the media will force him to act - either to guarantee Ken's tenure or to end it. As others have noted, that pressure needs to be widespread and consistent. I think it also needs to be multifaceted.

Getting stats/talking points/rebuttals together, calling up talkback in SA and Vic.
  • Port's record in finals: 2 wins in a decade. 5-7 record chief among them.
  • Record without making a GF.
  • Port's extensive premiership/GF drought, mainly presided over by KH.

Banner's along the Hill, eastern stand, south-eastern pocket. Would be massive for media looking for images. Suggestions:

Sack Hinkley
The Creed is dead
Wrong Man Standing
Sack Hinkley
PAFC not KHFC
Sack Hinkley

Would love to see it take on Bob Neil levels of spread: Wimbeldon or outside the Tory's end-of-night function in the UK, sidelines of the tour de frence, at the Sunrise street window.

And last but not least, online. Get the data out there, tag journos, especially ones in Adelaide but also those in Victoria who are looking to whip up clicks and soundbytes. These bastards are clearly lazy, otherwise they would hae been talking about the data already. If it takes us to feed it to them then great - its no different than what the club is doing via Caro Kane and Gerard.

Great post!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

After feeling the heat from the media, within the club and from the fans, Tom Rockliff gave his old coach Ken Hinkley a call during the week to check in🙄

View attachment TWvFoufH7mBKTe7Q.mp4

Imagine a massive beer snake on the hill for the sack hinkley game.
I can't find a pic, but I remember years back Port arranged a "lest we forget" through cards held up by everyone on the east outer.
Imagine someone arranging this for a mild cause and it turning out to read Sack Hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't feel like I'm duty bound to boo. In fact it is starting to turn into groupthink, which makes me not want to be a part of it. I'm my own person and make my own decisions and will not follow a pack.

In pure frustration after getting spanked at home by Brisbane i get the booing. It's not what i would normally condone but i can see why it happened, it was spontaneous similar to when the umpires get booed off after they've reamed us.

But i don't like where this is heading now, with it no longer being spontaneous and supporters on here talking as if it's already a done deal that they are going to boo no matter what. Honestly, if we play a great game and have a good win and there is still booing taking place, that is just going to come across a bit pathetic. Essentially, feeding the media narrative that we are just a bunch of blood thirsty imbeciles.

I also don't think it is as helpful as what you think it is. Just like your Sack Hinkley sign, it achieved nothing, he is still here 6 years later.

I also think barring some miracle where we completely turn this season around that he is gone at the end of the year so i don't see feel the same sense of urgency that he needs to be marched out of Alberton right at this minute.
Everyone should do what they are comfortable with, there is no right or wrong approach. I've never been a group think person - far from it.

Someone told Caro that the tool of the week award was a 2 horse race between Cornes and Whateley - her response was, "We'll see about that!!!"
Wat does that response even mean. Can't stand her. Entitled twat. Luxury of 3 recent premierships after Port flogging the Tigers in 2014. Wat would she know about the Port supporter base. She can get f*cked.

No one should be told how to be a fan on gameday.

If they want 100% happy clappers, go get a dial-a-crowd, you'll be able to control the masses however you like that way.

The whole issue with Stinkers though has nothing to do with personnel. The problem is that he is arrogant and listens to nobody. So while he is apparently a nice enough person I truly believe in his mind that he thinks he is the great Victorian oracle who's been sent to SA to teach the great unwashed Port how to football.

So when this happens in his mind that its the height of ingratitude that the white noise Port fans would question the oracle and how dare they question his great football wisdom because I've been in football a long time.
And yet he's just an inarticulate bogan that couldn't get a coaching job after repeated attempts. Only reason he got our job was because we didn't go through a proper selection process. Imagine him doing a presentation on his game plan. What a random mess that would be.

And yet he's just an inarticulate bogan that couldn't get a coaching job after repeated attempts. Only reason he got our job was because we didn't go through a proper selection process. Imagine him doing a presentation on his game plan. What a random mess that would be.
Its also why he will hold onto this job till grim death. He knows he would have to be some nepo hire through connections if hes to get any other job. He cant interview.

We can absolutely win the flag with a new coach. We know that mentality is a huge part of our problem and a new coach can change that instantly.

There are plenty of examples across major sports, especially those with finals/playoffs, where a midseason coaching change has led to a title.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back