Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I have long though West Coast wants Hinkley, but if they lose next week in a bad way I find it hard to believe anyone would want to take Hinkley off Port's hands.

If we presume Port lose to Hawthorn next Friday night, this is how I expect things to pan out in its aftermath:

The Footy Committee and Koch will schedule an emergency Teams meeting for Monday night.

CD will tell Hinkley some time over the weekend (my best guess is Saturday) the power brokers have lost confidence in the senior coach, and he can select one of two options. Option 1 is to negotiate a payout with the Club and formally resign. Option 2 is to stand firm at the Alamo and face the humiliation of being sacked. There will be no option 3 of letting Ken convince anyone to give him a further chance.

I think Ken will take option 1, though the payout will not be much changed from if he were sacked. This decision would then be ratified by the Footy Committee on the Monday night followed by the Board on Tuesday with an announcement sometime Tuesday afternoon.

Of course, this process could get accelerated. Given the stakes of the game on friday night, I would expect the majority if not the entire Board of Directors to.be present at Adelaide Oval. And hence, if there is a bad loss, they could move things up earlier in the weekend to have in person meetings instead as opposed to doing it on Teams.

The one thing I won't be doing is breaking any news on here about his departure until he has been given the news from the horse's mouth. After that, it's fair game.

Mate I've got information on the overwhelming majority of decision makers at the Club, but a lot of it adds nothing to the conversation surrounding Hinkley's future.

There are some very angry people high up at the Club right now.

Clock's ticking, time is running out. It will all be over soon.

Fingers crossed.

Yeah, I'm not having a go at all. I'm VERY appreciative of what you add. I'm always looking out for your posts.

Mate I've got information on the overwhelming majority of decision makers at the Club, but a lot of it adds nothing to the conversation surrounding Hinkley's future.

Are they pissed with all the coaches or just Hinkley?
I'm just trying to get my head around Carr supposedly being next in line when he's also in the coaches box.

I bloody well hope so. Mind you, I will have a lot of free time once Hinkley is finally sacked because I spend far too much time in this thread.

Responding to a post from overnight ... I can't remember which thread and which poster it was that did not believe another poster's claim that the 2025 renewal notices have been sent out already ... they have ... I received mine Thursday of all days lol (ps and genuinely not having a go at the poster, just correcting)

The club's got class. They definitely were very confident this was going to be our year and march through the finals.

The club believed that this was our year since trading in Zerk and Rat.

Soon as we finished second, Koch got a hard on and took a swipe at the sanfl, typically absolving himself and all at the club of accountability. He's as football dumb as the happy clapper that paints their face in teal and carries a mini flogger.

The club gets easily excited with any grain of promise, like the fishead Koch, without reflection.
Good summary. It used to be the Crows that were the prolific consumers of their own bathwater in this town, but we’ve well and truly taken that mantle.

As soon as I saw Koch rear his head during the bye I thought oh no, they’re starting to get pretty pleased with themselves down there again.

While it’s been frustrating as hell for us supporters having to eat the shit we have since the Brisbane game, there’s definitely a sick, twisted kind of satisfaction having played the long game and seeing it inevitably turn to shit as most of us knew it would.

These people never learn.

just being honest here, if ken was a major round winner, keep him, but he is not.

the game plan is based on a elite kicking group of mids.
our mids are poor at punching the ball in, jhf is the exception.
we bomb it into dixon, who always has at least 2 against him, he tries to bring the ball to ground for small forwards. we have 1 good small forward, riolli.

our mids run 1 way they do not work hard enough going back, the backs are always under pressure.

carr is not the answer, but may be the best available option, he is part of the current problem. our plan is too easily used against us.

we are in trouble with our player list, we are never going to win a premiership with the list we have.
out depth is poor, we need to recruit players who can kick & compete for the hard ball.
there are at least 5 players getting a game each week, who are not up to afl standard.

our game is poor, we play the same way each week regardless of the opposition. tactics are mcentee tagging stewart.

anyway>>> 1 more game & then hibernation until next season & then rinse & repeat.
been a member of the pafc since 1977, seriously thinking about not renewing.

Thus finals show up these inadequacies.

I'm depressed that we have a crap draft hand this year.

55973.jpg

I have long though West Coast wants Hinkley, but if they lose next week in a bad way I find it hard to believe anyone would want to take Hinkley off Port's hands.

If we presume Port lose to Hawthorn next Friday night, this is how I expect things to pan out in its aftermath:

The Footy Committee and Koch will schedule an emergency Teams meeting for Monday night.

CD will tell Hinkley some time over the weekend (my best guess is Saturday) the power brokers have lost confidence in the senior coach, and he can select one of two options. Option 1 is to negotiate a payout with the Club and formally resign. Option 2 is to stand firm at the Alamo and face the humiliation of being sacked. There will be no option 3 of letting Ken convince anyone to give him a further chance.

I think Ken will take option 1, though the payout will not be much changed from if he were sacked. This decision would then be ratified by the Footy Committee on the Monday night followed by the Board on Tuesday with an announcement sometime Tuesday afternoon.

Of course, this process could get accelerated. Given the stakes of the game on friday night, I would expect the majority if not the entire Board of Directors to.be present at Adelaide Oval. And hence, if there is a bad loss, they could move things up earlier in the weekend to have in person meetings instead as opposed to doing it on Teams.

The one thing I won't be doing is breaking any news on here about his departure until he has been given the news from the horse's mouth. After that, it's fair game.
Big weekend for you if we lose.

You know I'm really worried that every time we put pressure on Hinkley and the team when they get smashed they strangely start playing finals type footy. Sad as it is we must lose to the Hawks to ensure his departure from Port.
I feel the same way. Whenever the criticism piles up, he finds a way to survive. I hope this time it will be different.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chewy, can you elaborate on what people at the club are very angry about? Those are the folks who backed this guy, with his extensive record of underachievement, and then he proceeded to act as he’s always acted, done what he’s always done.

Next one, why do you think Dom has turned all of a sudden, after backing him for so long? Is it genuine interest in making Port a better club, or just a massive coincidence that his best mate is the person who stands to gain the most from axing Ken?

Sorry raptalia . I'm well past the point of being gracious. I've been calling for the end of these termites since 2016. I have watched the white-anting from within, the disdain for members at AGMs, the embarrassment and denigration of watching our great guernsey run around in the sanfl (driven by us and NOT the sanfl).

The pathetic acceptance and continual defense of this div 5 ammo coach and his inarticulate drivel.

Up until the Russell Ebert game, I attended every home game, some interstate, every SANFL game. To represent the club and Russell in that manner, coaches and players and there be no fallout whatsoever was unforgivable. Up until then I copped their shit, but after that I thought * you. Didn't attend another game that year.

Since then I've picked and chosen games to attend. Kept my membership though, both afl, sanfl. Haven't renewed aflw as yet.

I look at our coaches and don't rate a single one, Hinkley all the way to Paul Stewart in player welfare. Boys' club and a shit club at that. There's only hope and prayer for Carr as he's the incumbent otherwise I don't want him either.

I've had it.
Any one who can continually attend Maggie's games and watch the PB's get trashed week after week deserves a gold medal PL, it's borderline purgatory for me to even check the scores now let alone be in attendance to witness the absolute rubbish they have become, and as you say their demise was `driven by us and NOT the sanfl,' ie it was totally self inflicted!

Re the `div 5 ammo coach and his inarticulate drivel,' I have long held the belief that koch in particular is so wet behind the ears in terms of football knowledge that he believes any moron who played the game at AFL level could be a coach, and he has zero understanding of what is required for that coach to be ultimately successful.

Rooch still 'wondering' what it could be about Port that throws these results up, then goes on to talk about the exemplary coaching by Scott et al to defeat Port's game plan.

He's literally answered his own question; we lose these games because we get out coached.

But somehow, that's not on Ken Hinkley, our coach, the one who has been out coached, again, by another coach.

Any wavering on the "Josh Carr is the man for the top job" mentality?

How his speaking skills have convinced an entire club and young men to buy into him is unbelievable really.

'We've worked really, really hard'
'We've been really, really clear'

He argued that he's a small cog in a machine of a coaching administration.

By that logic why ever sack the senior coach then?

Blame the players, injuries, the direction the wind is blowing and you can save your ass apparently.

Any one who can continually attend Maggie's games and watch the PB's get trashed week after week deserves a gold medal PL, it's borderline purgatory for me to even check the scores now let alone be in attendance to witness the absolute rubbish they have become, and as you say their demise was `driven by us and NOT the sanfl,' ie it was totally self inflicted!

Re the `div 5 ammo coach and his inarticulate drivel,' I have long held the belief that koch in particular is so wet behind the ears in terms of football knowledge that he believes any moron who played the game at AFL level could be a coach, and he has zero understanding of what is required for that coach to be ultimately successful.
You know what hurts me the most '54? I was walking out of The Parade earlier this year after a belting and over the speakers came " the presentation of the Williams - Gallagher Cup". I thought, through no fault of the players, what the * would they know about the magnificent rivalry between Port and Norwood over the years and the representation of our magnificent guernsey and club that got us into the AFL in the first place. These cockroaches ala Hinkley, Davies, Koch and Richardson know * all.

Rooch still 'wondering' what it could be about Port that throws these results up, then goes on to talk about the exemplary coaching by Scott et al to defeat Port's game plan.

He's literally answered his own question; we lose these games because we get out coached.

But somehow, that's not on Ken Hinkley, our coach, the one who has been out coached, again, by another coach.
To add to that Kim also goes on to point out tactical flaws in Kens match ups ie Aliir to Cameron!

It’s amazing the groupthink this guy has managed to create around himself

Sorry raptalia . I'm well past the point of being gracious. I've been calling for the end of these termites since 2016. I have watched the white-anting from within, the disdain for members at AGMs, the embarrassment and denigration of watching our great guernsey run around in the sanfl (driven by us and NOT the sanfl).

The pathetic acceptance and continual defense of this div 5 ammo coach and his inarticulate drivel.

Up until the Russell Ebert game, I attended every home game, some interstate, every SANFL game. To represent the club and Russell in that manner, coaches and players and there be no fallout whatsoever was unforgivable. Up until then I copped their shit, but after that I thought * you. Didn't attend another game that year.

Since then I've picked and chosen games to attend. Kept my membership though, both afl, sanfl. Haven't renewed aflw as yet.

I look at our coaches and don't rate a single one, Hinkley all the way to Paul Stewart in player welfare. Boys' club and a shit club at that. There's only hope and prayer for Carr as he's the incumbent otherwise I don't want him either.

I've had it.

Can we have PowerLil as our next Chairman, please? She ROCKS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back