Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see some opposition supporters backing Port in this episode. Typical Koch Richardson though, they should be asking why Ginnivan and Sicily have not been fined. Once again the AFL are nauseatingly inconsistent on this. They fine a coach who react but players are allowed to walk away scot free.

OK fine Hinkley if they must but surely the same rules apply to Ginnivan and Sicily?
Nobody should have been fined. Ginnivan made a cheeky, if slightly disrespectful, comment on social media, we won and Ken made a cheeky comment on the way across the ground. Nothing abusive or aggressive, he wasn’t even physically close to him. Why Sicily thought Ginnivan needed protection from that was ridiculous and only escalated the whole situation.
If Sicily had just got on with chairing off their player, and Sam hadn’t sooked in his presser and made it sound like child abuse, nobody would have thought anything of it.

I wonder (May of been mentioned) how much of the Geelong Hawks dislike was behind it too.

I have a mate here who is a Hawks fan and he hates Geelong with a passion.
Kennett Curse and all those close losses I suspect. Or if he's older, maybe the 1989 GF and the violence of that game.

File it next to Kane Cornes getting a week for shoving Sam Mitchell, and Matt Thomas copping a week for being pushed into an umpire while tagging Sewell.

Strange things come of this fixture.
That Kane Cornes situation made me wild. Mitchell went down like a ton of bricks after Kane barely brushed past him. I also seem to recall that Mitchell stuck to his story about being 'shoved' even when it got to the tribunal. He really hung Kane out to dry, which most players don’t do in that situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Mitchell was an absolute disgrace in his press conference. Ageism and blatant lies about it being "very aggressive".

This whole thing blows over if that hypocrite and his loose cannon captain didn't sook it up.

Also didn't help having having so many Hawthorn sooks on the telecast setting the narrative, but i think Sicily and Mitchell definitely turned this into something way worse than it was.

My first reaction was that Hinkley actually said something bad, given how they both reacted.

Don’t normally buy into these sh**fights, but you might want to think about your own coach's performance in the presser before having a go at Ken being fragile. I'm no Ken apologist, but Sam had a pretty good sook himself.

Hawthorn manage to look the other way when a Hawthorn personality is sooking, which has been literally every one they can muster this week

What if?

We do know, IN THIS REALITY, Mitchell congratulated Kenny, while Kenny turned around and taunted Mitchell's player.

What kind of coach, what kind of MAN, is too frightened to confront a colleague?

Kenny the Coward rears his ugly head.
Has this knucklehead started the post "what if" then describes a scenario that he wants us to accept as the truth.

You people are delusional you are so used to everything going your way.

The entire media wrote us off entirely because what they wanted to see is us roll over Meek run through Butters etc

But you shouldn't say this shit out loud.

Hawthorn manage to look the other way when a Hawthorn personality is sooking, which has been literally every one they can muster this week

From the moment they showed Ben Stratton, Isaac Smith and whoever else on the beers in the outer, it was like they all went into fan mode along with them.

Hodge started barracking on the call, Lewis had his dreams crushed, and it snowballed from there.

The thing with quotes from club greats is they're a bit like versus of the bible, you can make them work for you whichever way you choose to spin them. "We love it when you hate us" being one of my favourites from Fos - I think we're doing a good job playing the us against them card at the moment.
Hawthorn won 4 flags in recent years when everyone hated them - hopefully we're heading down the same path.

Mitchell congratulated Ken, but Cry-baby Ken was too scared to bring up the problem.
View attachment 2112262
images-165.jpeg
life of brian GIF

**** me, all this carry on from the Hawks, and all this media love in around how they'll conquer the world in the next few years is ridiculous.

It's almost like the footy equivalent of a dead cat bounce: Saints 2023, Freo 2022, Crows 2016/17, Port 2013/14, Crows 2012.

A young side with a new coach plays exciting, attacking footy, bolsters their list with a few mature agers, and shoots up the ladder. If they're lucky they can do a 2013/13 or 2016/17 style and carry that momentum into a genuine crack in year 2, but I reckon they're more likely to be a flash in the pan and regress to the mean.

Not saying that Hawks list won't ever challenge for a flag - it's a nice list - but think they've got a bit more rebuild in them.

From the moment they showed Ben Stratton, Isaac Smith and whoever else on the beers in the outer, it was like they all went into fan mode along with them.

Hodge started barracking on the call, Lewis had his dreams crushed, and it snowballed from there.
Jason Dunstall the most logical and hard headed ex footballer out there;

"It's all colour Sarah, and I think it's humourous." Then he bags Sicily for nearly dropping Breust while gobbing off at Hinkley as he was chairing him off the ground.

Its a 17,523rd order issue and these HSD sufferers are pissing their pants about it. Send them to the Gaza Strip for a couple of weeks to get a reality check on life.

https://www.theroar.com.au/afl/vide...-breust-while-gobbing-off-at-hinkley-1381309/

Don’t normally buy into these sh**fights, but you might want to think about your own coach's performance in the presser before having a go at Ken being fragile. I'm no Ken apologist, but Sam had a pretty good sook himself.
Sam Mitchell was asked the question three times and ignored the last one, because he didn't want to further pile onto Kenny.

He was angered that Kenny would accept his congratulations before taunting one of his players.

When Kenny is down, he's crying, begging the world for sympathy and expecting opposition coaches to pot his own supporters.

When he is up, he is vindictive, retaliatory and quick to blame.

Gee, do you think he'll blame Ginnivan when he blows another finals chance this week or will he stick to his players like last year or the Brisbane game (Bonus points if he somehow finds a way to pot the SANFL).

I'm 56 yo so I can only vouch for the 70s and on, but it was very much alive in the 70s and I have heard stories going back to the 50s. The incident you refer to was mid 1985. A lot of the angst from Geelong's side has to do with the consistent poor umpiring calls that have cost us games over a long period of time such as Hendrie's ' goal ' in 1978 at Kardinia Park that completely changed direction after hitting Jack Hawkins' fist and cost us the double chance, Dunstall's 3 free kicks straight in front ( and the last one a 15m penalty ) from staging in time on in the last quarter of the last game of 1987 that cost us the win and fifth place, Dunstall again from a staging free on the siren that cost us the 1988 night premiership, countless cheap charity goals in the early part of the 1989 GF after Yeates flattened Brereton and the umpires tried to control the aggression Geelong were showing by overpenalising any physical act, and so on and so on. There's also been a few acts of thuggery besides the Matthews one as well - Geelong were referred to as the ' Handbaggers ' in my youth and Hawthorn used to love dishing out a lot of cheap off the ball stuff to our outside players like Bright, Witcombe etc.
I have only been to 3 VFL games in my life, all were at the Western oval due to my favourite aunty's penchant for the bulldogs, and the first two were way back in the 1950's when I was but a pup, but I do have a vague recollection of `Candles' Thompson who was a South Aussie playing for the hawks in one of them.

The 3rd was the last minor round game in the late 1980's, which I reckon may have been on the same day as that Geelong v Hawks game at the cattery that you are referring to.

The Bulldogs had to defeat Melbourne to get into the 5 which they did, but the match in Geelong still had about 7 or 8 minutes to go and I can recall as we were walking along Ballarat road a bloke with a transistor radio saying Dunstall had kicked the last goal of the game to put the dawks in front.

I'm a richmond fan and am going for Port here on in. Hinkley did nothing but but what any reasonable observer would do. Stir some sht at the party. You win, you get the dance floor. All the sooks can go home. That was a tough win and blue collar footy is IT in the end. Sydney only have Warner. Not enough. Geelong are the worst. Robot frontrunners. Tackling wins from here
Many of us still have a soft spot for Richmond from 2017, so we appreciate the support now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back