Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

In part, it's a bit silly sometimes for Port and Collingwood to "hate" each other when realistically they have similarities. Both hated by rivals in their states. Port against the rest in SA and Collingwood is the rest in Vic. Both ARE Magpies and both ARE black & white yet slightly different designs and different meanings within their historic jumpers.

Whilst both will be against each other in the field, funny enough both, you'd imagine would be in part, "allies" due to their similarities.

I dare say there'd be a lot of Port supporters who barrack for Collingwood 2nd and vise versa. I actually believe Eddie McGuire has that same feeling, respect and what not for Port but won't actually say it. As to why he refuses Port to wear their traditional jumper, we'll that's because he's selfish too.
What a load of tosh

The 3rd was the last minor round game in the late 1980's, which I reckon may have been on the same day as that Geelong v Hawks game at the cattery that you are referring to.

The Bulldogs had to defeat Melbourne to get into the 5 which they did, but the match in Geelong still had about 7 or 8 minutes to go and I can recall as we were walking along Ballarat road a bloke with a transistor radio saying Dunstall had kicked the last goal of the game to put the dawks in front.
Correct weight. It was a three way contest with West Coast in the mix as well although their percentage was inferior. Geelong had a 4 - 6 goal lead on Hawthorn all day until the last few minutes when Dunstall's staging took on theatrical proportions and the umpires got sucked in every time. Although IIRC Melbourne did Footscray as they got into the 5 as a result of Geelong's loss, and then were themselves robbed of a GF with a dodgy 15m penalty to Buckenara on the siren in the prelim. Gladly the tossers got thrashed on GF day by Carlton.

Last edited:

Sam Mitchell was asked the question three times and ignored the last one, because he didn't want to further pile onto Kenny.

He was angered that Kenny would accept his congratulations before taunting one of his players.

When Kenny is down, he's crying, begging the world for sympathy and expecting opposition coaches to pot his own supporters.

When he is up, he is vindictive, retaliatory and quick to blame.

Gee, do you think he'll blame Ginnivan when he blows another finals chance this week or will he stick to his players like last year or the Brisbane game (Bonus points if he somehow finds a way to pot the SANFL).
The sad part about the way this has all ended, is that instead of Hawthorn winning admiration from the football supporting public for a tremendous season and a gargantuan effort in winning a final in front of a massive crowd and putting up a brave ( albeit well assisted ) effort interstate against a club that was always going to come out swinging after being so badly humiliated - all the sooking and whining and overreactions have caused is for you guys to be considered precious, entitled flogs who can't cop what they dish out. Whatever you might think about Hinkley, I'd suggest the lack of humility from your leaders shows your club has a few leadership issues as well. Sicely has a well deserved reputation for going off half cocked and if he hadn't stuck his oar in this issue would not have escalated. Bottom line.

Meh **** them. The clubs made a living off it and sooking when it comes back towards them.
He's still crying that post is still wobbling.
They'll crash and burn next year , teams will work them out , they know it.
Will be reminiscent of our 2015 year.

Good points, I guess what I was trying to say was sack Hinkley

Nobody should have been fined. Ginnivan made a cheeky, if slightly disrespectful, comment on social media, we won and Ken made a cheeky comment on the way across the ground. Nothing abusive or aggressive, he wasn’t even physically close to him. Why Sicily thought Ginnivan needed protection from that was ridiculous and only escalated the whole situation.
If Sicily had just got on with chairing off their player, and Sam hadn’t sooked in his presser and made it sound like child abuse, nobody would have thought anything of it.

I am afraid it is the age we live in. It seems these days everyone has the right to feel offended by anything anyone says or does. I agree no one should have been sanctioned but if the rule applies to one it should apply to all. If the AFL had any intelligence they would have let the matter slide but as Kane Cornes has said they have a glass jaw in terms of maintain their public image.

TBH I didn't find Ginninvan's comments all that offensive and Hinkley's post match remonstration was far from the 'heated exchange' as reported by the media. The issue has been blown out of all proportion and you are right Hawthorn Football Club, including ex stars such as Brereton, Hodge and Lewis, come across as a bunch of sooks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You serous?!!
The moment was Punky’s ….. if he took offence he should have voiced his opinion pregame or at the presser post game ….not when a star of the game is being honoured.
Sicily was still mouthing off at Ken who was applauding Bruest as he was being chaired off. Your club has become the English cricket team. Imagine, of all people, Matthews, Sicily, Lewis, Hodge, and Mitchell lecturing anybody on the "spirit of football". Your man should have been told to pull his head in but was allowed to flog it up..

Good thing it didnt cost you a fnal.

You serous?!!
The moment was Punky’s ….. if he took offence he should have voiced his opinion pregame or at the presser post game ….not when a star of the game is being honoured.

The "moment" was Ports. They won the semi final. Simple. 300th or not, they can also do that well after the game or their own time too of they want to.

The sad part about the way this has all ended, is that instead of Hawthorn winning admiration from the football supporting public for a tremendous season and a gargantuan effort in winning a final in front of a massive crowd and putting up a brave ( albeit well assisted ) effort interstate against a club that was always going to come out swinging after being so badly humiliated - all the sooking and whining and overreactions have caused is for you guys to be considered precious, entitled flogs who can't cop what they dish out. Whatever you might think about Hinkley, I'd suggest the lack of humility from your leaders shows your club has a few leadership issues as well. Sicely has a well deserved reputation for going off half cocked and if he hadn't stuck his oar in this issue would not have escalated. Bottom line.
Ken isn't the only Port leader who has had a "please explain" THIS MONTH.

The second that Ken and Koch's Port is not a basket case, Koch is accusing the SANFL of a "conspiracy" against them while Ken made a beeline for a 21 year-old.

Inferiority complex.

Ginnivan was laughing, so he could take it.

And Sicily, rightfully, stood up for his teammate.

The real embarrassment is that not only did Hinkley refused to apologise in the BT interview, he was clearly given instruction to address it during the press conference and STILL stuffed it up.

Kenny has big Trump vibes where he can't simply say he was wrong and will actively resist any of the advice offered by his team, going rogue instead.

Big Trump vibes? 😂

As another commented, get your hand off it 🙄

Seriously just shut up. The fact you can't even say anything bad about your own team players & coach for their remarks and only attack Ken shows it all. Funny how majority of Port people responding to you agree in part that Ken should of just left it yet you're being an absolute clown.

Jog on back to your own board and cry there. Better luck next season 👍

Sam Mitchell was asked the question three times and ignored the last one, because he didn't want to further pile onto Kenny.

He was angered that Kenny would accept his congratulations before taunting one of his players.

When Kenny is down, he's crying, begging the world for sympathy and expecting opposition coaches to pot his own supporters.

When he is up, he is vindictive, retaliatory and quick to blame.

Gee, do you think he'll blame Ginnivan when he blows another finals chance this week or will he stick to his players like last year or the Brisbane game (Bonus points if he somehow finds a way to pot the SANFL).
Look dickhead ... Read the room. Most of us here HATE Hinkley and want him gone. I am laughing my head off that you are bagging Hinkley as a sook, and actually thinking we care .... News Flash: "We dont!" You can bag him all you want ... We agree with you.

What we dont agree with is the pathetic manner in which your captain handled the situation. All he did was to accelerate it. Then that woeful interview by Mitchell. Bloody hell ... what a baby! Quivering lips, sucking in bits of breath through gritted teeth, playing the aggrieved martyr!

Go get stuffed!

If you want to see how a man take it on the chin, go look at Kingsley's interview after the bitter loss to the Lions ..... RESPECT!

Last edited:
If we had won by a few goals, fair enough but we won over a team that just went out of the finals by a few cms. Ken should have left it alone, emotions were at the highest.

Ginnivan's comments were not that bad imo, he's a 21 year old lad, his team was in great form and Port had one of the most pathetic losses in it's short history. What he said was not aimed at Ken or the team directly. If it was one of our players instead of Ken great but Ken is supposed to be a humble professional AFL coach and should of acted that way, we can't escape from another Hinkley clanger.

The issue here is the AFL has made a mountain out of a mole hill and imo is totally wrong, it should have been nothing to see here folks and move on.

The Hawthorn Footy Club need to grow up, they have been dishing it out for years.

As far as the AFL go, sucked in your little Melbourne club fairy tale just got blown out the window.

Last edited:
It felt to me like Hinkley successfully manufactured a siege mentality in the group around all the Ginnivan stuff, and they came out and played accordingly. If Hinkley is good at anything it's exploiting the massive chip on his shoulder. Not sure how he'll go about creating that mentality against Sydney.
"Dey tuk our flipping jeeeerrrbssssss"

Ken isn't the only Port leader who has had a "please explain" THIS MONTH.

The second that Ken and Koch's Port is not a basket case, Koch is accusing the SANFL of a "conspiracy" against them while Ken made a beeline for a 21 year-old.

Inferiority complex.
As far as I know, Port has never had a player convicted in court of an assault committed on a football oval. That was a club leader too as I recall, and as I was there on the day and right in front of the incident, I trust my memory implicitly.
Additionally, as an impartial commentor on this board, Port have had millions of reasons to whack the AFL over their time and have instead elected to take the gracious position, shrug their shoulders and move on, mostly to their detriment. Think the Houston suspension joke. Unlike the current sook fest we are witnessing from Hawthorn which is especially galling given Hawthorn wouldn't have got within 5 goals had it not been for the blatant umpiring charity. Maybe Port are finally starting to show some teeth. More power to them.

If we had won by a few goals, fair enough but we won over a team that just went out of the finals by a few cms. Ken should have left it alone, emotions were at the highest.

Ginnivan's comments were not that bad imo, his team was in great form and Port had one of the most pathetic losses in it's short history. What he said was not aimed at Ken or the team directly, if it was one of our players great but Ken is supposed to be a humble professional AFL coach and should of acted that way, we can't escape from another Hinkley clanger.

The issue here is the AFL has made a mountain out of a mole hill and imo is totally wrong, it should have been nothing to see here folks and move on.

The Hawthorn Footy Club need to grow up, they have been dishing it out for years.

As far as the AFL go, sucked in your little Melbourne club fairy tale just got blown out the window.
Do you think the AFL would have bothered if Sicily and then Sam hadn’t made such a hullabaloo over it? Would be interesting to know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back