Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

It used to be

"At least we're not Melbourne or Brisbane"

Now its "at least we're not Essendon" "at least we're not North Melbourne"

Soon it'll be "at least we're in the AFL, Imagine being West Adelaide or Norwood"

I can see the rationale though, a record breaking 12 year window with three separate lists & multiple high level assistants, to get a club to a GF, isn't really a big enough sample size to see what Ken can really do, a couple more years and we'll have a clearer picture. I can feel success is just around the corner!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

bandaid.gif

The sacking oops!! I mean Kens Descion to not go on needs to be announced before Friday. Could you imagine the embarrassment for all if Ken gets on stage at the B&f and there were a couple of boos from the audience.
I've heard Koch is actually in town so hopefully he is here to rubber-stamp it all and get it done in the next couple of days
PowerLil will ensure there is a mass boo at the Best and Fairest if she goes.

IMG_7480.jpeg
Fagan’s coaching record over 8 years, 4 years less than the Donut King.

1x flag
2x grand finals
6x consecutive finals series
56% win rate (in finals, only thing that matters)

You can see legitimate trajectory since year 1

Also Fagan’s first two years netted 5 wins a season - that’s the same amount of wins as Port Adelaide during the dark days of 2012

There is every chance we go backwards under a new coach, look at Adelaide they sacked Pyke two years after he took them to a grand final and Nicks hasn't even taken them into the top 8 despite being their coach for half a decade now. Unlike the Crows we can't afford to spend a lengthy amount of time in the lower rungs of the ladder. I remember when we missed finals for five years straight from 2008-2012 and how bad our crowds and finances became as a result.
So we should just keep Hinkley because we might go backwards under a new coach? The other alternative is that we might actually take the next step - what do we have to lose?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The MCG Grand Final is a blight on the competition but of course nobody in the Vic controlled media wants to talk about it.

In the modern era of the last 20 years, Victorian teams are 9-2 when facing non-Vic teams in Grand Finals. Victorian teams are +472 across 11 grand finals. It's an absolute disgrace. Locked in for another, what, 40 years as well?

If you go back further you get Brisbane coming off of an amalgamation with a cost of living allowance able to put together the greatest list of all time, and then the 90s where the Victorian teams hadn't adjusted to the modern era yet and got beaten by effective state teams a few times. But since we got through that teething issue era for Victorian football, they've hammered home that MCG advantage again and again.
Agree with the main points here about the MCG but when Port let Geelong and the Bulldogs come to Adelaide and pull our pants down it sort of muddies the waters

If he has the Port spirit, I could get behind someone like that.
He's driven me mad with his lack of logic & his inability to provide any insight into the game.

EDIT: Plus his continual talking up of the opposition & low balling of PA. I consider that to be disrespectful of our club.

Last edited:
It's a bit strange how vehemently Richo defends Ken, considering how Ken dropped a big turd on his 3 flags in five years vision.

Not one of his metrics met.

You'd think he'd be out for blood.

It's all very Orwellian how the club just pretends this vision was never a thing now though.

In fact a lot of the 1984 terminology seems pretty fitting with the current admin.

There's definitely a ministry of truth within the four walls down there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's a bit strange how vehemently Richo defends Ken, considering how Ken dropped a big turd on his 3 flags in five years vision.

Not one of his metrics met.

You'd think he'd be out for blood.

It's all very Orwellian how the club just pretends this vision was never a thing now though.

In fact a lot of the 1984 terminology seems pretty fitting with the current admin.

There's definitely a ministry of truth within the four walls down there.
Richo doesn't really care that deeply about the flags. They are an optional extra as long as all the bean counting metrics are met. The 3 in 5 was just pie in the sky stuff dreamed up by clueless juiced-up idiots at an away day who were divorced from reality and had no on idea how to get there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back