Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

If we don't remove Hinkley Koch and the rest.... Then we will just become st Kilda MK II

We WILL just become? I think we are way past that point and the AFL sees as such, even probably worse, because we are a little battler club from Alberton. It's not the SANFL anymore you know.

………………. PORT / OPPO
• 2013EF: 24y 83d / 25y 25d
• 2013SF: 24y 89d / 26y 325d
• 2014EF: 24y 257d / 25y 66d
• 2014SF: 24y 263d / 26y 57d
• 2014PF: 24y 270d / 26y 289d
• 2017EF: 24y 171d / 27y 11d
• 2020QF: 26y 131d / 28y 139d
• 2020PF: 26y 145d / 27y 35d
• 2021QF: 26y 8d / 28y 134d
• 2021PF: 26y 23d / 26y 94d
• 2023QF: 25y 269d / 26y 181d
• 2023SF: 26y 82d / 26y 66d
• 2024QF: 25y 315d / 27y 135d
• 2024SF: 25y 37d / 25y 48d
• 2024PF: 25y 300d / 26y 190d

We’ve been younger in every single final of the Hinkley Era bar the 2023 Semi against GWS (older by 16 days).

Every single Port team of the 2020-2024 September failboat has been older than the 2013-2014 teams that provided Uncle Ken with his golden ticket.

I don't know if it refers to the ages of the 22 that take the field, but doesn't matters, it's an insignificant difference anyway.

On the one hand, they celebrate it as nod towards a promising future to look forward to and on the other hand use it as an excuse for failing.

Longevity of gaslighting their members.

I don't know if it refers to the ages of the 22 that take the field, but doesn't matters, it's an insignificant difference anyway.

All the data is from AFL Tables, selected team versus selected team, game by game.

They are telling him to leave because Ken is setting it up so he 'walks' at the B&F instead of being sacked
I can honestly live with that. Yeah it'd be all about him until the very end, but at least I could wake up on Saturday morning, knowing he's no longer our coach.

This apprehensiveness to change by some fans has to be a symptom of how few senior coaches we’ve had in the club’s history. 35 coaches if you don’t count caretakers (Stephen Williams, Phil Walsh, Garry Hocking and Alan Richardson). In the nearly 30 years we’ve been in the AFL it’s only been Jack for 2 years, Choco for over a decade, Primus for about 2 years and Ken for 12 years.
From 1950 to 1996 it was pretty much just Fos, Motley, Cahill and Ebert and that was fine considering we were winning. Those guys were getting the job done.
I think people have simply forgotten about how cyclical the nature of head coaches should be. We all know this, but the casual fan doesn’t because coach changes are so rare in their little Port obsessed bubble. We all know stability alone doesn’t bring success, and that it should be the other way around. That’s what others need to be reminded of.

This is so true & has been really evident at the AGMs for several years now. I generally walk out with 2 key takes:

1. The club has NO ambition to win a flag.
2. The club is waiting for the supporters that followed the Magpies to die off or alternatively, is happy to piss them off so much they leave. Hence the 'Its not the Sanfl anymore' put down they regularly reel out.

Imo, all the push from the fans about the prison bars etc hasn't helped. They've been able to dismiss the 'white noise' by saying we have unrealistic expectations tied to the good old days. When in reality, without a club history the continual finals failures of our club would be up in lights.
I strongly challenge the unrealistic expectations claim. Since our last flag, 8 opposition teams have tasted premiership success, while even teams like St. Kilda, Adelaide and Fremantle have played in at least 1 grand final since our last 1. Why is it unrealistic to expect more from our club?

This apprehensiveness to change by some fans has to be a symptom of how few senior coaches we’ve had in the club’s history. 35 coaches if you don’t count caretakers (Stephen Williams, Phil Walsh, Garry Hocking and Alan Richardson). In the nearly 30 years we’ve been in the AFL it’s only been Jack for 2 years, Choco for over a decade, Primus for about 2 years and Ken for 12 years.
From 1950 to 1996 it was pretty much just Fos, Motley, Cahill and Ebert and that was fine considering we were winning. Those guys were getting the job done.
I think people have simply forgotten about how cyclical the nature of head coaches should be. We all know this, but the casual fan doesn’t because coach changes are so rare in their little Port obsessed bubble. We all know stability alone doesn’t bring success, and that it should be the other way around. That’s what others need to be reminded of.

It’s the extreme reactions to the mere suggestion we move the bloke on after a VFL/AFL record tenure of futility that get me.

In a similar vein to the pathetic “how would you like to be a St Kilda fan?!” retorts, I often get:

“So you’d rather be a club that changes its coach every 2 years” or “what are you going to do if the new coach doesn’t win a flag next year huh?!”

It’s the most disingenuous, sh¡tfilled situation ever.

“what are you going to do if the new coach doesn’t win a flag next year huh?!”

We could then follow your plan and wait other 11 years to see what happens. How about that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is so true & has been really evident at the AGMs for several years now. I generally walk out with 2 key takes:

1. The club has NO ambition to win a flag.
2. The club is waiting for the supporters that followed the Magpies to die off or alternatively, is happy to piss them off so much they leave. Hence the 'Its not the Sanfl anymore' put down they regularly reel out.

Imo, all the push from the fans about the prison bars etc hasn't helped. They've been able to dismiss the 'white noise' by saying we have unrealistic expectations tied to the good old days. When in reality, without a club history the continual finals failures of our club would be up in lights.
This is the part that I beleive is very true, they have a new breed of supporter Happy Clapper, they don't need or want us, we ask too many questions about accountability that they don't like and can't answer.

We really need to let this go now and move on with our lives. I have supported this club for 45 years and at least I witnessed the real Port Adelaide.

This is also something that I once wouldn't have said, I don't want the reserves wearing our black and white jumpers any more, they have ****ed it over enough, put it away and savor the memories. Our pussy players that love their daddy so much haven't earnt the right to put that jumper any where near their pathetic thin loser skins.

Last edited:
So I was told 100% Ken to coach next year - only a couple of days back.

But all and sundry know if we just roll on into to 2025 with Ken as head coach, it will be at some point a pressure cooker and a disaster.

So what might they be up too?

I just can't see Ken doing a handover year, because basically it would mean that Ken plays second fiddle to Josh, and I just can't see that happening.

Ken as director of coaching? - I mean what even is that....

Ken to be the gee up bloke on the bench with is wireless headphones (they aren't actually tuned on and are for TV purposes)? whilst Josh coaches?

or

Will they come out and say its Kens last year at the B&F with Josh to take over 2025. (That probably plays in the middle) - safe, so wouldn't be surprised if it's something like that.

Ken has his contract so he really has no wish to walk away from 800k, and the club don't have the balls to sack him.

Strange organization.

At the moment, as it stands we have two views.

1) Hinkley is staying:
  • he's contracted;
  • total radio silence by club;
  • (apart from) Chris Davies: Hinkley is ready for the fight (or words to that effect) and is involved in exit interviews;
  • "Threadrea" taking time off with his family;
  • rumour: "Good Source: Ken 100% coaching next year" by PowerBaz, implying a decision has been made;
  • "He loves us so much," JHF.
  • Speculation about Hinkley staying with a succession plan of Carr taking over;

2) Hinkley possibly going:
  • Chewy316: No decision has been made. Will not indulge whether or not an emergency meeting has been/will be called or held;
  • Andrew Jarman: Possible Hinkley will retire from senior football, but it all depends on him. Expecting decision to be known by Friday. Hinkley not involved in exit interviews;
  • Caroline Wilson: The pressure is taking its toll on Hinkley. Hinkley might retire, but it all depends on him;
  • Speculation about negotiations for payout and possible B&F announcement/stage managed exit.

To me it looks and feels like number 1 is more plausible, judging by the club's track record.

Still hoping that number 2 is a possibility and hope Chewy's and Jar's sources are on the money.

I need a new job. PM me ;)

So I was told 100% Ken to coach next year - only a couple of days back.

But all and sundry know if we just roll on into to 2025 with Ken as head coach, it will be at some point a pressure cooker and a disaster.

So what might they be up too?

I just can't see Ken doing a handover year, because basically it would mean that Ken plays second fiddle to Josh, and I just can't see that happening.

Ken as director of coaching? - I mean what even is that....

Ken to be the gee up bloke on the bench with is wireless headphones (they aren't actually tuned on and are for TV purposes)? whilst Josh coaches?

or

Will they come out and say its Kens last year at the B&F with Josh to take over 2025. (That probably plays in the middle) - safe, so wouldn't be surprised if it's something like that.

Ken has his contract so he really has no wish to walk away from 800k, and the club don't have the balls to sack him.

Strange organization.
I would replace strange with totally ****ed up organisation

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back