Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only this bloke would fall on his sword like Malcom. Blight resigned from coaching Geelong after they lost their 3rd grand final under him.

We know he will not do it sadly.

And the club is not really the true pafc anymore and will not sack him. The proof is in the on field results, we are filled with no-hopers off field which translates to on field during important games.

I have no reason to believe this club will do the hard but right thing and clear out Hinkley, Bassett and Voss in one go.

The prick is happy to coast along and keep collecting cheques

As I said before the match, this will be Ken's crowning glory and it was, and as I said before the club admin suffers from Stockholm syndrome

Has anyone else emotionally checked out to the point where you don't get that angry about shitful performances like this anymore?

We've been burnt that many times by this fraud yet nothing changes. There's only so much sh*t you can take before you just say 'meh', and stop caring. That's where I feel like I'm at, anyway.

Probably 10 minutes in I was almost relieved there was no chance of beating our 2007 GF record but my neuroses were already triggered by nightmares of Ben Brown kicking a bag of 10 against us.

hinkley was rattled and upset by the questions in that presser even rucci was low key grilling him, kens got serious heat on him now
That presser was a disgrace. A surly hostile coach repeatedly saying now is not the time to try and explain the inexplicable.

The best Q was along the lines "you repeatedly said during the season judge us come finals... what have you got to say now"

His answer "now is not the time blah blah blah." During the week Kane was asked would Ken be feeling the pressure?

Absolutely he would, they've got a full list to chose from and an ideal preparation. Soooo what did we get? an embarrassing humiliating thrashing.

Where we are right now as a club is squarely on you Ken. Our shock and hurt is matched only by your aggro and ignorance.

Clearly irritated at the result he cowardly ran from accountability by saying again and again "now is not the time".

After 9yrs and umpteen millions in your bank account just when is the time? :mad:

He looked completely shell shocked in the presser last night. Almost like he had given up. Had no answers for anything, not even his usual pathetic diversion tactics of pumping up the opposition. It looked like he was defeated.

It seems the only way that Hinkley goes is if he goes on his own accord, we don't have the cash (or the will) to get rid of him. I wonder if that is more plausible now? Gold Coast need a new director of coaching and Hinkley is more attractive than Voss you would think.

Thanks Ken. Truly thank you for coming in back in 2012 and showing some heart and helping get this club up off the canvas.

you have now created relationships woth the players that are unreasonable. You are now the players best friend. The players are able to look you in the eye after a performance like last night and know that its okay, ken will always be there for us.

its time for some serious change. But we all know we wont get it, we need someone with Port Adelaide blood running through their veins. We need someone with a but of genuine passion. No more buddy buddy best friends with the players its okay guys work hardery for longery crap.

just watch Kens presser and a more vanilla set up you will never see, it pretty much 'dont ask me why because its the wrong time to do it' and all the journo's are like 'sorry we understand your hurt'. This guy wants to be the bigdog but doesnt want to bark, he's a got a smart mouth every other time something expedient comes his way but dont dare ask him why he got beat by a bang-up team with no decent forwards or defenders, that would be a silly question that needs 6 months of analytics applied to come out with the answer we all know "Kens a spud"

Busy having 3 days off to relax and play golf whilst the Western Bulldogs had multiple training sessions, travelled from Tassie to Brisbane, played in an epic semi under humid conditions, lost an important player, sustained an injury to their best player, travelled to WA, trained multiple sessions, selected a player who hadn't played a senior game for 12 weeks travelled to Adelaide, were stuck in quarantine and weren't let out until the morning of the game and proceeded to hand our arses back to us in a home preliminary final. That's what happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry PowerLil it's early and my eyes are bleary.

I actually meant That's it in a nutshell.

Give me a minute ;)

Absolutely he would, they've got a full list to chose from and an ideal preparation. Soooo what did we get? an embarrassing humiliating thrashing.
He has been given everything he's asked for from a football department perspective including great drafting, good assistants, top cover for wanting co-captains, and enough missing pieces to build a jigsaw puzzle twice over. He had a full strength team with a week's rest in a home prelim against an opposition who'd been on the road for a month racking up more frequent flyer miles than Richard Branson and missing their best KPF, KPD and small forward. If that wasn't enough, he even had the rub of the green with the umpires against a team who'd won the free kick count in every final since Kevin Sheedy invented the concept.

Yet, here we are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back