Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just depressing to know nothing will change for the next couple of years.

It literally won’t. It will, few new players, some more coaches in the merry go round, but if Ken stays the results will stay the same.

I thought last years prelim hurt and we were on a mission…. We just forgot to show up.

Unfortunately, I never believed we were winning this flag. I expected a loss last night but not by that margin though. I am actually glad I missed on tickets. I didn't watch a second of the game on TV last night and my health thanks me for it.

I don’t really care or buy into this “connection with the players” theme that surrounds Hinkley. Like most coaches have connection with the players.

There are two types of coaches,
1- Coaches that are able to motivate their players by connecting to them
2- coaches that have an amazing game plan and can implement that efficiently

Great coaches do both, Kenny at this stage does none.

It’s so depressing that we all know nothing will change, we will go through 2022, probably make finals and lose again. We have been spineless since we entered the AFL.

Glad to see others are calling Hinkley out for the indefensible decision to start Drew on the bench. What was he thinking?
Libbas domination whilst off the leash set the tone and lit the fire.
Pretty well the worst imaginable scenario and in a preliminary final for flips sake.
I think its time for Ken to go before we are outside of our premiership window.

Glad to see others are calling Hinkley out for the indefensible decision to start Drew on the bench. What was he thinking?
Pretty well the worst imaginable scenario and in a preliminary final for flips sake.
I loved the "Drew always starts on the bench" in the press conference. Ok..... do you think changing that might help with our poor starts we've been having all year in the midfield?

Last edited:
I've defended Ken staunchly in this thread, but that was a terrible performance.

I don't think we should be sacking him for the sake of sacking him, but wouldn't be opposed to it if we can get a genuinely good replacement.

Definitely don't want Ross, wouldn't be opposed to Bucks. Would love someone Port Adelaide.

If we don't get the right guy, I'd rather keep Ken. 2 prelims in 2 seasons isn't the worst

We’re not the worst.
We are Port Adelaide.
See you at the footy.

Even those clubs aren't dumb enough to want him.
Sadly true. Optimistically though, the AFL are in charge of GC and they could use a "making finals is a pass" kind of coach.

I loved the "Drew always starts on the bench" in the press conference. Ok..... do you think change that might help with our poor starts we've been having all year in the midfield?
Its also unbelievable that his approach in a final, against a side that just knocked over Brisbane at the Gabba was 'well we just do what we've been doing'...

Libba was so obviously the guy to stop early. Drew was so obviously the guy to stop him. Who gives a shit who started in the middle against Carlton in round 6... play players where they need to be to win the game ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know what it is about boards of footy clubs sometimes, both ken and Chris scott should be shown the door but both will be coaching at their respective clubs next year. Some coaches only are good assistants and are left wanting as senior coaches and i put both ken and chris in this bracket as supporters we can see it why can't the people above.

I think the premiership window is closed irrespective of who is in charge.

I have just watched his press conference as I was too angry last night to hear what Hinkley had to say.

What a pathetic deflection of all the questions. You are paid to man up and accept responsibility for shameful performances like last night and admit that you were wrong.

Don't worry guys in year 10 of the same shit it'll happen!! Genuinely baffling why anyone would have any excitement or even confidence going into next season. Again we extended him for no reason early because the admin was falling over itself to do so after last year and here we are. A playing list that doesn't listen and is comfortable and a bored fanbase with no hope.

How is it the coaches fault when you have far less talent?

Bont better than Wines
Macrae better than Boak
Libba better than Gray
B Smith better than Butters
Naughton better than Dixon
Treloar better than Amon
Dunkley better than Drew
Dale better than Houston
Daniel better than DBJ or Burton or whoever else
Hunter better than Duursma
English is better than Ladhams

The only area you have one better in absolute top end talent would be Aliir is a better interceptor than anything they have. Add to that Lycett is better than Martin now too, but wasn't so clear last night. You may have a more even spread, but their top end is far superior.

I have just watched his press conference as I was too angry last night to hear what Hinkley had to say.

I still can't bring myself to watch it.

I want to, I want to see and hear from the Senior Coach of our side but it wouldn't be good for my health I'd imagine.

From what others are saying it's just like during a game - no answers, no idea.

Umm ... figures what? Im not causing a stir but just saying that you said "we are balls deep in this" this year. Plus overtime you swing between believing Hinkley is and isn't the man to get us a flag.

I was seething and I'm worried about extending the drought another several years, both afl and sanfl.

We were balls deep in it. But twice before we gave up 4 goal starts to the Dogs this year. That was a concern. Last week when we thumped Geelong, we didnt win a centre clearance until the last quarter. That was a concern.

Sadly, the concerns overrode the belief last night.

How is it the coaches fault when you have far less talent?

Bont better than Wines
Macrae better than Boak
Libba better than Gray
B Smith better than Butters
Naughton better than Dixon
Treloar better than Amon
Dunkley better than Drew
Dale better than Houston
Daniel better than DBJ or Burton or whoever else
Hunter better than Duursma
English is better than Ladhams

The only area you have one better in absolute top end talent would be Aliir is a better interceptor than anything they have. Add to that Lycett is better than Martin now too, but wasn't so clear last night. You may have a more even spread, but their top end is far superior.
So why did you sack Buckley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back