Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think even a lot of us would be content if Ken took some accountability and responsibility on the loss. Even saying I don't know why we were flat and we'll review the game to find out would have been okay.

It's the complete deflection part and pounding the chest that I did everything right this year that's frustrating and gives all the true faithfuls no hope.
He's very clever, when pressed about his coaching he made the media guy think back to the Geelong game, where he called himself a genius for winning a game of football.

I've followed this great club religiously for 50 years,missed 2 home games since we started our AFL journey, last year's showdown and Carlton this year and now I'm apparently one of the 10% and a none believer. LOL
Sack Hinkley
I am not Face Booker myself but all these good points like this one need to be put on social media where the club, media and the AFL takes notice.

Last edited:

Caller to Tredders' segment on 5aa said it was Hinkley's call to start Drew on the bench in the Prelim. Surprise surprise surprise (in Gomer Pyle's voice).
Which probably means Schofield was against it and that's why they argued.

Glad we got rid of the right one...

Pathetic. Guessing it was Richo? Maybe we made a mistake promoting someone to CE from within.

100%
Unless that person within has their own set of grand plans and unique skillsets then that person is just going to keep plodding along as their predecessor

The whole point of turning over a CEO every 5 years or so often is to bring in fresh ideas, stop the position from becoming stale. But when you choose a replacement who has basically had all of their experience under the outgoing CEO, then it does become questionable.

Caller to Tredders' segment on 5aa said it was Hinkley's call to start Drew on the bench in the Prelim. Surprise surprise surprise (in Gomer Pyle's voice).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley's cult of true believers are actually starting to take his side over Tredrea's. Incredible.

This is what I've always found astounding and ashamed at the same time. When did our base accept failure?

I have been calling out Hinkley for a long time for his failures. And have been abused beyond belief. This isn't what this great club was built on.

This is what I've always found astounding and ashamed at the same time. When did our base accept failure?

I have been calling out Hinkley for a long time for his failures. And have been abused beyond belief. This isn't what this great club was built on.

I may be wrong, but I reckon the abuse is because you barely ever offer opinions on other Port related topics.

I think even a lot of us would be content if Ken took some accountability and responsibility on the loss. Even saying I don't know why we were flat and we'll review the game to find out would have been okay.

It's the complete deflection part and pounding the chest that I did everything right this year that's frustrating and gives all the true faithfuls no hope.

yep sorry for repeating myself on the point you touch on but this years-long habit of his was the last straw inserted into the smoking gun for me.

even if he somewhat ambiguously went to protect his players and say cover his assistants with a very loose "I agreed to keep Drew on the bench" or some such for a specific undeniable error. But no, nothing, as always, except variations on unaccountable like "best 11-4 side ever genius" we've heard before and that night's "credits in the bank because I beat Geelong".

I don't even think it's a particularly conscious behaviour on his part if that makes any sense, but it's there, repeatedly one way and another.

"***We*** don't shy away from it", yes, you do, you're just throwing shadows by not saying *I*.

There had to be a reason behind the reported fiery exchange between Schofield and kern, it's obviously most unusual for a coach to sign a new contract only a few weeks earlier and then resign only days after an abysmal effort by the players, but if as midfield coach he was over ruled for his preferred starters (ie Drew), then it is understandable, and it is also unfortunately possible that unrest in the coaching ranks permeated throughout the team.

I am definitely no expert on body language, but when the cameras panned to Drew on the bench, the look on his face could at least suggest he wasn't happy with what could have been an extremely late change by the senior coach either.

Last edited:
I am definitely no expert on body language, but when the cameras panned to Drew on the bench, the look on his face could at least suggest he wasn't happy with what could have been an extremely late change by the senior coach either.

Honestly even if that was the case, that’s pathetic and no excuse from the players or Drew to have a sulk because they are starting on the bench or a different position than expected. I hope that’s not the mentality any of them went into the game with and if it is, the players need a good hard look at themselves and what they want out of their careers too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back