Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we need to send a few people to this part of China to harden up like Tredders and Kornes wants them to. Lockhart Road how come this wasn't on the China agenda for some at the club?

It was. It was on Hinkley’s personal pre-match cultural programme in Shanghai in 2019.

But he failed the tea ceremony test.

1632194571621.jpeg

“Now get ready, Richo. I got somethin’ lined up for yers. Somethin’ I been wantin’ to do ev’ry time I come to this crappy place wi’ its crappy food an’ no knives an forks. There’s this bloke from Hong Kong keeps gettin’ up my quoit, I really wanna do it to this bloke. Now in a sec Johnno’s gonna bring us a pot o’ crappy China tea an pour out two crappy li’l cups for us. I been told to pass one crappy li’l cup to you an’ take the other, then we toas‘ each other, we toas’ to the future, to our game … right? An’ we toas’ to the future of ‘Strylia an China, an we toas’ to the success o’ our two footy clubs in this place, in China - summin Kochie made up, calls it ‘is China Tragedy or summin’ … but ‘ere’s the trick, Richo … you know ‘ow much I can’t stand that bloody Kochie, right? So far up ’isself all e’ can see is sh*t … right? Now ’ere’s the trick, right, ‘ere’s the ball-breaker … when you sip … sip, right, who the hell sips? … your crappy China tea from your crappy li’l cup, I’m gunna … now get a load o’ this one … I’m gunna chuck all the crappy China tea in my crappy li’l cup over my lef’ shoulder. We gunna terrorize the joint. Got that, Richo? Gunna be a hoot, right … ? Now, you ready - ?”
”But Ken there are people down below.”
”Yeah I know. One ov ‘em’s this ’Ong Kong twit whose as much up hisself as Kochie is. I’ll be aimin’ at ‘im - “
”But Ken the Mayor of Shanghai’s down below, too, drinking tea with Gillon. Don’t you think - “
”Shaddap Richo. ‘Ere comes Johnno wi’ all the crappy China tea seminary stuff. Jus’ do as yer told. Hi Johnno woz happenin’ myte?”

Last edited:

All it would have taken is a single line from Ken in the post match presser.

This isn't good enough, we don't accept losing at Port Adelaide, we will turn over every leaf we have to in order to get better.

Simples.
He's tried to deliver that before, but it didn't work.

He's tried to deliver that before, but it didn't work.

Of course it doesn't "work".

No words work after a prelim like that, it requires actions.

But when you don't speak the words then the actions won't follow.

Hinkley's cult of true believers are actually starting to take his side over Tredrea's. Incredible.
They're mentally deranged. I hope they follow him out the door when he eventually goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're mentally deranged. I hope they follow him out the door when he eventually goes.

You can just see them abandoning Ken as soon as he is eventually sacked and making revisionist claims that they never supported him and he should have been sacked 5 years earlier.

For this reason I'm surprised the club would be fearful of any backlash in sacking him, the happy clappers will take whatever the club says, right or wrong, and clap for it... There is not a critical thinker among them.

that's why we try to keep the "special" people over there and we post over here, but we'll always have people who post FB stuff over here, making us all stupider

I've followed this great club religiously for 50 years,missed 2 home games since we started our AFL journey, last year's showdown and Carlton this year and now I'm apparently one of the 10% and a none believer. LOL
Sack Hinkley

I think even a lot of us would be content if Ken took some accountability and responsibility on the loss. Even saying I don't know why we were flat and we'll review the game to find out would have been okay.

It's the complete deflection part and pounding the chest that I did everything right this year that's frustrating and gives all the true faithfuls no hope.

I think even a lot of us would be content if Ken took some accountability and responsibility on the loss. Even saying I don't know why we were flat and we'll review the game to find out would have been okay.

It's the complete deflection part and pounding the chest that I did everything right this year that's frustrating and gives all the true faithfuls no hope.
You really are reading things into what he said. He didn’t say it was my fault but somewhere in the middle of that and what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back